Let's Care...

Dream - Chanyeol & Nayeon

Let’s Care For Each Other

Nayeon's POV

‘Ewwwww… Chanyeol and Nayeon?’

‘Why on earth Nayeon, she has horrible bunny teeth!’

‘TWICE Nayeon, the girl from the group who can’t sing?’

‘Should we throw eggs at her? She will be embarrassing Chanyeol.’

‘Our Chanyeol oppa deserves better.’

Nayeon scrolled down her phone looking at the latest news that was just released. Tears rolled down her eyes as she read the malicious comments on the upcoming performance that she will be doing with EXO’s Park Chanyeol. She sat a little while more in the toilet before washing her face. As the eldest in TWICE, she felt that is her role to be the one relied upon. She wouldn’t want the younger members to worry about her.

About 3 days ago, her manager broke the news to the girls that due to the success of the song Dream by Baekhyun and Suzy, Music Bank will be putting up a special stage for the. Suzy will not be able to make it because of her filming schedule. So they decided to replace her. Since it is a well-loved song, the public may not accept a replacement to match with Baekhyun. SME and JYPE decided to replace both singers with another representative from the company. After much consideration, they will replace Suzy with Nayeon and Baekhyun with Chanyeol.

TWICE’s reaction could not hide the fact that they were very afraid. EXO is a respected sunbaenim but TWICE is still a rookie. With recent rumours saying Chanyeol hated TWICE for stealing his song title, the girls were very nervous. Nayeon has been practicing every time she has no schedule. She managed to convince herself that everything will be fine. However, once Music Bank broke the news, the ever cheerful Nayeon could not lie or hide that she was very hurt by the comment.

‘You can do it, Nabongs!’ she tells herself.

Chanyeol's POV                                                                                                                           

Chanyeol just nodded with minimal reaction once his manager informed him of his new special performance. He doesn’t hate TWICE but he wasn’t a big fan of them either. He understood the pairing and honestly he doesn’t even care, at least not until reminded him.

SHO: Nayeon is the one with the bunny teeth right?

BK: Yup, she is the leader and the eldest if I am not mistaken.

KAI: I heard she is the eldest but not the leader. The leader is Jihyo, the girl who trained for 10 years.

CH: I hope EXO-L won’t feel angry. You know they don’t like us to be paired with any girls what more a girl from another company.

DO: I wonder the amount of hate she will be receiving.

LAY: Isn’t she the happy go lucky sort. I hope she is emotionally strong enough to withstand our fans.

CYL: I hope so too.

Chanyeol was busy in his studio, when he saw the text the boys sent him. He read the article on his phone especially the comments that were directed towards Nayeon. He felt bad for her. He may not be a friend to her but he worry for her as a sunbae. He sighs as he slumped on his seat. He decided to check out more about Nayeon on YouTube. His intention of watching her for a couple of minutes ended up with him watching videos of TWICE for 3 whole hours. He stopped only when Sehun looked for him in the studio.

Nice To Meet You

Nayeon accompanied by her manager arrived at SME at 9.30pm which was 30 minutes earlier. While waiting for Chanyeol to arrive, Nayeon warmed up her vocals and practiced on her own until the vocal trainer came in. They continued to practice until they realized that it was already 10.15pm and EXO has not returned from their schedule. She continues to sing with the vocal trainer diligently until Chanyeol entered the room. He apologized for being late and his manager apologized together.

Chanyeol who was still in his stage attire was sweating buckets and looks really uncomfortable. Nayeon suggested…

NY: Amy unnie, could we take a short break? I could get a drink while Chanyeol sunbaenim change.

The trainer, Amy, agreed and Chanyeol just nodded thankfully to Nayeon. He left the practice room and make his way to somewhere in the building. The trainer gave a 30 minutes break before she will come back and start the session again. Nayeon exit the room and grabbed her bottle from her manager who was resting at the sofa area a few doors down the hallway. She returned to the room and was checking up on updates in Twitter. 

Once again, her heart got affected. She reminded herself that she is at a public place and she should not cry. As she sullenly scrolls down her phone, Chanyeol entered the room dressed comfortably in a shirt and sweat pants. Nayeon stood up and bowed at him. To her surprise, he held out his hand. Nayeon wasn’t sure if she should even touch him. He waved a little and she accepted the handshake.

CYL: Park Chanyeol inmida.

NY: Im Nayeon inmida. (She replied nervously.)

CYL: Let’s address each other comfortably. It will help when we sing together. (He takes the initiative to suggest as a sunbae.) Are you okay with that, Nayeon ah?

NY: Neh, I am oppa. (She smiled a little feeling a bit relief that he is friendly.)

CYL: Don’t bother about my fans. They will calm down in a few weeks. (He mention because he saw the article on her phone screen which was on the table.)

Nayeon quickly kept her phone. They both proceeded to do their vocal warm up. Chanyeol with the intention of getting comfortable with her suggested for her to sing the song she sang at her audition which was his own label mate single. Nayeon initially hesitated and was a little reluctant as she wants to avoid making a fool out of herself. However, Chanyeol was quite good at getting what he wants. He managed to convince her to sing for him. Nayeon cleared and drank a little. He can see that the girl in front of him looks very nervous. He smiled at her as he waited for her to start singing. Nayeon tried to avoid looking at him. She began singing her audition song. Chanyeol smiled feeling glad she sang his label mate solo song. He clapped enthusiastically when she stops.

CYL: That was sweet.

NY: Thank you sunbaenim.

CYL: Oppa…just oppa. (He corrected her gently.)

NY: Mianhe… oppa.

The vocal trainer came in just in time for them to begin their duet. After a few rounds, they discussed their stage performance. They have very different ideas. While Chanyeol wanted a romantic feel, Nayeon wanted an innocent feel. While Chanyeol wanted to dress like a couple, Nayeon suggested that they dress comfortably.

CYL: How about, we hold hands when we sing?

NY: Holding hands, I don’t think it’s a good idea. We should just sit on the stool and sing.

The trainer decided to let them try both to see the difference in the type of feel. The first round, Chanyeol held out his hand. Nervously, she placed her hand in his. Chanyeol startles at the touch of their hands. Her hands were freezing and a little shaky. Nayeon couldn’t hide her nervousness. As they move, he asked her to look at him in the eyes and she did but somehow both of them look away feeling awkward.

Following that, they tried performing while sitting on the stool. However, Chanyeol tend to turn and look at Nayeon. Amy finally agreed with Nayeon about singing just standing a few feet apart will bring out a more innocent feel.

After finally settling down with the performance aspect, Amy left the two of them together to practice on their own. As soon as the trainer left the room, Chanyeol turn to Nayeon.

CYL: When I held your hand, it was very cold. Are you very nervous?

NY: Neh oppa. (Nayeon nods not denying anything.)

CYL: Is it because you don’t like me? (He asked in his deep yet subtle tone.)

NY: Huh…no oppa. Please don’t say it like that. (Nayeon felt bad hearing such a question from him.)

CYL: Then can I know why? (His voice suddenly changed into a more childlike whine.)

NY: Oppa, I want us to be comfortable however I don’t want to be carried away to the point I would cause your fans to misunderstand and get angry. I am still learning about a lot of things and one of them is to handle hate. (She confesses in all honesty.)

Chanyeol actually understood what she meant. He knew that his fans could be overprotective. However he couldn’t help but felt a little upset that his popularity comes with such a huge cost. He pursed his lips and he wondered.

CYL: Is that all?

NY: That was the main thing that made me refrain from holding your hand.

CYL: Main thing? Are there other things that made you don’t like me?

NY: Ani oppa, I never said I don’t like you! (Nayeon denied his so called accusation.) I am just trying not to provoke or make you angry. I am sorry if everything I do today annoys you. (She answered genuinely with her eyes glistening.)

Chanyeol felt bad seeing the girl in front of him look like as though she wants to cry. He reached out and tapped her shoulders softly.

CYL: Why would you think, I would be annoyed by you?

NY: Weren’t you upset with TWICE title song which had the same name as your self-composed song? We are very sorry about that. When I saw the video, I felt bad for upsetting you.

Chanyeol laughed. Nayeon could only stare at him in disbelief.

CYL: Nayeon ah… you shouldn’t believe everything you see on the internet. Yes I did made that comment but it was just a tease. I am not angry at all. If you keep on believing everything online, you will die early.

Nayeon smiled at his comment.

CYL: Finally, you smiled. You have a cute rabbit looking teeth. (He .)

NY: Oppa! (She pouts playfully at him.)

Chanyeol felt relief. This is the Nayeon he wants to see. This is the Nayeon he has seen on television. He likes looking at the positive, energetic and happy Nayeon. She is such a happy virus to him. He saw her faint blush and his heart skips a beat.

NY: Oppa, lets practice some more. We have about 20 minutes left.

CYL: Ara… Oh by the way let’s exchange number. (He bravely suggested as he looks into her eyes wondering if there is any slight chances she would agree.)

NY: Ohh… sure oppa.

They both gave their phone to each other and keyed in their numbers before resuming their practice. Their managers joined them shortly after. Both managers were satisfied by the outcome. They agreed that they do not need further practice session. They would just rehearse together on the day itself. Nayeon and her manager said their goodbyes as they left the room. Chanyeol finished discussing about his choice of outfit with his manager. He remained in the practice room to just calm his heart. His heart has been beating so fast since he met Nayeon. As he smile silly to himself, Kai and Xiumin entered the room.

KAI: Someone looks smiley.

XM: Aish, we came too late. I was hoping to meet Nayeon.

KAI: Is she cute, hyung?

CYL: She is a sweet girl. (He replied with calmness which almost appeared nonchalant.)

XM: She is… right. I said hi to her and her member Jihyo yesterday at the broadcast station. She has a rabbit looking teeth. It looks so cute. (Xiumin commented not realizing the confused look on Chanyeol face.)

CYL: Hyung, you like her? (He asked abruptly.)

XM: Ani… I think Jihyo is cuter and ier. She has better curves. (Xiumin replies put a smile on Chanyeol face.)

KAI: OMFG! You like her! (Kai exclaims.)

CYL: I never said that. (Chanyeol denies.) Come on; let’s go to the dance studio. We need to practice. (He interjects wanting to avoid any nonsensical comments from Kai.)

As they make their way to their practice room, Chanyeol texted Nayeon.

‘Hope the session just now was good. Have a good rest, Arrasso!’

Nayeon was just stoning in the car overlooking the passing vehicles. She unlocked her phone to read a text she just received. She smiles as she read the message. What tickles her heart was the name he stored in her phone ‘Cool Oppa’. She replied his text.

‘I did. Thank you for your guidance. I really appreciate it. You have an early night too oppa.’

Chanyeol immediately lit up when he saw her reply.

‘I wish I could. I have to practice for another 2 hour before I could head the bed. Have you reached home?’

‘Ani, I am heading to the studio to practice too. My members are waiting. But oppa, don’t you have to be at the music show early tomorrow?’

‘Neh, I will only have about 2-3 hours of sleep later.’

‘Oh dear, it must be exhausting. Have strength oppa!’

‘Okay I will. Thank you, Nayeon ah. I’ll get back to my practice. See you soon.’

‘Neh, bye oppa.’

Chanyeol didn’t realize that the boys were staring at him. When he put his phone aside, s immediately surrounds him.

XM: Spill! Who were you texting?

Chanyeol ignored his hyungs. The boys continued to practice. s always practice hard to ensure they perfect their performances for their fans. It was already close to 2 am when he reached his dorm. He quickly showered before lying down on his bed. He checked his phone hoping to see any unread text messages but he did not.

He was woken up by Suho. It was only 6.30am. He took his shower and the boys quickly got in their van and make their way to the broadcast station. Chanyeol wondered if Nayeon is awake.

‘Good morning! Hope you have a great day today.’

He knew the text was lame but he cannot help. He wants to befriend her.

‘Good morning oppa. Are you on the way to the station already?’

‘Neh, why are you awake so early?’

‘I’m preparing breakfast for the maknaes. They are heading to school today. Have you had your breakfast?’

‘No, I did not. L I wish I did. I’m hungry just thinking about food. What are you making?

‘Just a simple ham and cheese sandwich. You should eat your breakfast oppa. PD-nim always makes remind us not to skip breakfast.’

‘You should have made extra for me.’ Chanyeol .

‘Arrasso, one day okay.’

‘It’s a promise then. What schedule do you have today?’

‘Just radio appearance, and then back to the studio to complete some recording?’

‘Another comeback?’

‘Neh... But the date is not confirmed yet.’

‘Jincha… sadly we will finish our promotion by then.’

‘You have a world tour after that right?’

‘Yup… Have you watched our concert before?’

Chanyeol’s POV

Chanyeol has been checking his phone since the last replied Nayeon sent. He wondered why she has not responded to his question. He didn’t realize that he is acting like an anxious boyfriend. As he was done with his hair and make-up, he slumped on the sofa staring at his phone. He don’t understand why he is feeling the way he is. Nayeon doesn’t seem to be that interested in him. He feels like it is a one sided feeling.

‘What is wrong with you? You guys just met once yesterday and you are behaving like a love sick man.’ He thought to himself.

Kai and Xiumin become suspicious. They sat with him at the sofa waiting for him to carelessly leave his phone so they could sneak a peek at who he is texting to. When Chanyeol, rested his head on the head rest of the sofa, Kai snatched his phone and quickly check his messages.

KAI: Nabongs?

CYL: Give me back my phone.

Chanyeol went after Kai but Kai already threw his phone to Xiumin. Xiumin laughed out loud when he read Chanyeol messages.

XM: Seriously, how lame can you get? Where is the charismatic Chanyeol that I know?

CYL: There is nothing wrong with the way I message her. (He replied annoyed as he snatches back his phone.)

KAI: Hyung, seriously! Why do you like her so much? It’s not like you have not done any duet with other female artiste before.

CYL: I never said I like her. (He denies.)

SH: Maybe I can go after her? (The maknae teases and got a stare in return.)

CYL: Idiot, no wonder Mina don’t want to talk to you.

SH: Hyung, those words hurts. That is a personal blow. (The maknae sulks and stepped out of the room.)

XM: You know he is very sensitive about Mina. Why do you have to say that?

CYL: He was the one who talked about Nayeon first.

KAI: So you admit that you like her.

CYL: Molla…Molla…

It was already 9pm and Chanyeol was thankful that they don’t have evening schedule tonight. He sat in his studio trying to write a song but could not find any inspiration. His dark mood changes when he received a message from her.

‘Mianhe oppa, I was a bit busy today. Yes, I have been to one of your concert.’

‘It is okay, I understand you are busy. Who did you went with?’

‘Mina and Sana, it was last year.’

‘Oh, Mina went? Was it to see Sehun?’

‘Oppa, you know about them?’

‘Of course, I do. Never mind let’s not discuss about them. Anyway what are you doing right now?’

‘Practicing in my room. I am nervous about this Friday’s performance.’

‘Don’t be. I am there with you.’

‘Gomawo oppa.’

‘Is JYPE really strict with the 3 year ban?’ He asked like it is not a big deal.

‘I think so. Why do you suddenly ask?’

‘Ani, I am just curious?’

‘Anyway what are you wearing for the performance? My manager and I thought that it would be nice if I wear simple jeans with a white shirt and blue button knitted jacket. ‘

‘I am sure you will look good oppa. I think I will be wearing an off shoulder dressed in soft cream with soft pink flowers.’

‘Ahh, I think we will look good together.’

‘Hehehehe, I hope so.’

‘Are you free now? Can I call you?’

‘Now?’

‘Yes’

‘Okay :)

Nayeon’s POV

Nayeon can sense that Chanyeol is trying to get close to her. She is wary of that and worries if that it is right for her to go ahead getting close to him. She has these tiny butterflies in her stomach when they chatted via messaging. He seems like a nice oppa. However, she tried to cast aside those feelings because she doesn’t want to have any expectations at all. While happily chatting, Chanyeol said he wanted to call. She suddenly felt nervous and anxious.

CY: Yobseyo… (He greeted her in his naturally deep and calm voice.)

NY: Hi oppa… (Nayeon responded like her normal cheerful self.)

CY: Done with your vocal practice?

NY: Uhuh… now I am resting waiting for the rest to come home?

CYL: You are alone?

NY: Ani… Momo and Jungyeon are watching drama in the living room. The maknaes are doing their homework. Jihyo, Mina and Sana are on their way home from schedule. I’m just resting alone in my room.

CYL: What do you think of me? (He suddenly asked without warning.)

NY: You?

CYL: Yup, what do think about my character or looks?

NY: Wei oppa, why are you asking such a question?

CYL: I need to know your thoughts.

NY: Honestly?

CYL: Neh…

NY: I think you are handsome guy with an intimidating aura. You are handsome when you smile but you appear scary when you don’t. I like that you tried your best to make me feel comfortable around you.

CYL: Ahh, I am so glad you felt that way. Don’t you want to ask me?

NY: Ask you about?

CYL: About what I think of you.

NY: Oh… what if I don’t want to know.

CYL: I will still tell you. I think you are a sunshine to be with. You have this warm and kind aura that you exude. I love your rabbit teeth. I like that you don’t attempt to touch me like other girl group members who touched me during our performance just so they could start a scandal rolling.

NY: Ahh, so that is how you feel about me.

Suddenly, Jihyo entered the room with Sana and Mina.

NY: I got to hang up first. I will text you later.

Chanyeol just agreed with a sigh.

Rehearsal

It was the day of the performance. TWICE arrived at the station very early in the morning. Chanyeol was about to approach TWICE waiting room but change his mind when he saw Nayeon talking to one of the KNK boys. She was smiling and laughing. He envied that guy. He wondered why she look so comfortable talking to that Seungjun boy. Just the image of Nayeon smiling to that boy irritates him.

Chanyeol later exit the toilet greeted by a smiling Nayeon and Jihyo who was about to head to the ladies. Nayeon greeted him only to be ignored by Chanyeol. He literally rolled his eyes and walked away. His response indeed hurt Nayeon.

‘Nayeon ah, stop dreaming. He was nice to you the past few days just because he has too. What makes you think he wants to be a friend?’ She scolds herself.

JHO: Did something happen? Why does Chanyeol sunbaenim look so angry at you?

NY: I really don’t know. I thought he was friendly. I guess, I thought wrong. (She answered weakly.)

Jihyo could sense that Nayeon was hurt. She knows that her unnie is the kind who wouldn’t want to show her sadness, Jihyo refrain from probing further. Jihyo observes the sad look on Nayeon eyes. She wondered if there is more to it than what she sees.

Chanyeol regretted behaving like that towards Nayeon. She looks so happy when she greeted him but he was annoyed that the person who made her smile is not him.

‘Did I go overboard with my actions? Chanyeol ah, why the hell are you being like this? What is wrong with you? Why is she making you feel all these weird kind of feelings?’ He beat himself up with those wondering thoughts.

KAI: Hyung, what is wrong with you? You look distracted.

CYL: No, it’s nothing. (He denies.)

He was just about to enter the room only to see Jihyo and Nayeon walking. They need to pass through to make it to their waiting room. As they approach the boys, he could see that Nayeon avoided all eye contact with him. The two girls bowed to them as they quickly make their way back to their room which was about 2 doors down. Guilt is ripping his heart. He knew his actions may have hurt her feelings.

He took out his phone. He stares at his last conversation with her. He saw that she is online. Her display logo in her WhatsApp icon is just a black screen. She removed her smiling picture.

‘Mianhe, oppa was in a bad mood today’

After sending her the text, he waited patiently for her reply. Even after the blue tick, it seems as though she is not going to reply him. He wondered if she was angry at him. After 30 minutes of waiting, Chanyeol cannot help but felt stupid for behaving the way he is. While the boys may understand his mood swings perfectly well, a girl who he barely knew will never understand him.

Chanyeol was already back stage chatting with Joy from Red Velvet. They were chatting animatedly when Nayeon entered. The stage manager put on the audio device on her and briefed her about the rehearsal. Joy could see that Chanyeol was staring at Nayeon with such intensity.

JOY: Oppa, why are you staring at Nayeon sshi? You like her?

CYL: Ani… I am just nervous to be singing a duet with her.

Nayeon knew she has to approach them sooner or later. Her steps were slow. When she finally was just a few feet away, she greeted them by bowing.

NY: Anyeonghaseyo Chanyeol and Joy sunbaenim.

JOY: Unnie, no need to be so formal. You looked tense.

NY: Neh…

Chanyeol felt like an idiot. He has so much to say but couldn’t bring himself to converse with her. When they were called by the stage manager, they listen carefully to the instructions.

STM: So have you guys decided how you want to act on stage.

CYL: Neh, we would stand a few feet apart.  We are going for the innocent feel. (He took the initiative to lead the discussion.)

STM: So not even holding hands?

CYL: I guess not.

STM: How about intense stare or look in the eyes?

NY: I don’t think we know each other that well to even dare to look into one another eyes. Besides let’s be kind to our fans. (She responded gently.)

They are now directed under the stage, standing a few feet apart. The stage lifter then lifted them up on stage and they began singing. They had to move towards each other and occasionally were instructed to turn and face each other. Saying the rehearsal was awkward was an understatement. Not once Nayeon look at him in the eyes.  After about 4 rounds, they finally end and move to the back stage to be debriefed. When the stage manager left, Chanyeol turned to Nayeon and unintentionally scolded her.

CYL: Nayeon ah, can you be more professional? You weren’t smiling and you barely look at me in the eyes. It is a duet for goodness sake.

Nayeon understood that she was emotional and should have behaved in a more professional way. She could only afford a nod.

CYL: Even if something or even if I upset you, you can’t be like this. You are a rookie and you ought to up all that you are feeling and be professional about it.

His words hurt but it was the truth.

NY: Neh sunbaenim, I will do better during the performance later. (She answered formally stunning Chanyeol.)

CYL: Nayeon ah… (His voice softens the moments he heard her address him formally.)

NY: Are there any improvements I should make sunbae? (She asked positively while trying to mask a smile on her face but could hide the redness on her cheeks and glistening eyes.)

CYL: Just turn and look at me or smile at me during some parts will do. (He replied her with a tinge of sadness in his tone.)

NY: Arrasso sunbae, I will. Mianhe, I will try my best not to disappoint everyone who have high hopes for this performance. (She replied calmly before bowing to him.)

She immediately turns only to find a shocked Jihyo and Mina who stared at her with their eyes wide open. She shook her head eyeing them not to ask any questions as she grabs her hand and pull them away from the back stage.

CYL: ! What have I done? (He cursed to himself.)

XM: You were harsh! (Xiumin honestly replied him from behind.)

Chanyeol turn and find Xiumin and Kai looking at him curiously.

KAI: Why does she look so afraid? And why do you scold her so harshly. If I cried when you scolded me when we first debut, I can only imagine how badly she would cry.

XM: She is after all a girl.

CYL: It’s my fault. I get carried away.

XM: Just apologize later. (Xiumin advices as he gave a reassuring squeeze on his shoulder.)

Chanyeol just had his hair and make-up done. He hates the annoying feeling in his heart. He took out his phone and saw that she has not replied to his message.

‘I know I shouldn’t have said all those things to you. I am sorry.’

Nayeon saw the message. She ignored it. She has spent the last hour icing her face because it swells when she had a breakdown in the toilet. Jihyo had to hug and give her a back rub and Mina had to sooth her with words to lift her spirits. Nayeon knew she couldn’t afford to cry again because her make-up and hair is already done. Jihyo who already briefed the girls already tried cheering her up. When Jihyo, Tzuyu and Momo left for their performance, Mina makes sure she sat beside her.

Soon, Nayeon had to make her way to the back stage. Mina accompanied her hold her hand. She helped Nayeon fixed her audio and microphone.

MN: Unnie, you look so pretty. Just do your best!

NY: Neh, I will. Is my make-up fine?

MN: Yes, it’s lovely.

Chanyeol approaches the girls. He was with DO and Sehun this time. The girls greeted the boys and bowed to them smiling. Chanyeol could see that Nayeon was smiling at him but he could sense it was a fake smile. Even though her voice sounds upbeat, he could sense a wall between him and her. He noticed the reassuring hand squeeze Mina is giving her. The proceeded to move under the stage waiting for their performance.

Mina stood at the side beside Sehun and DO. Sehun who was standing beside her could only stare at her. He knew that she would prefer not to talk to him but he wants to talk to her.

SH: Mina sshi, do you think they will do well?

MN: Of course they would, sunbae. (She replied formally.)

DO: Mina sshi, actually this idiot wants to say he is sorry and wants to be friends with you? (Kyungsoo interrupted their conversation.)

Sehun stared shocked that his hyung brought the topic out.

MN: Ahh…Their performance have started sunbae as she turns her eyes to the stage avoiding Sehun’s gaze.

The performance was perfect. Both of them sang well. They even managed to smile and turn to each other for a couple of times. When they harmonize, they were looking at each other in the eyes smiling. However he knew deep in his heart, she was acting. Occasionally he noticed the blush in her cheeks.

Once they stepped off the stage, they were greeted by Mina, Sehun and DO who were clapping. Mina helped Nayeon to remove the attached device while Sehun helped Chanyeol with his. Nayeon and Mina was about to take their leave when Chanyeol call out to Nayeon.

CYL: You did not reply to my message.

NY: There was nothing to reply sunbae.

CYL: I am really sorry.

NY: You don’t have to be. I admit I was in the wrong. I will be a better and more professional idol sunbae. (She said carefully as she smiles at him.)

Chanyeol was feeling extremely frustrated with himself. Later on, he watches backstage as TWICE perform Cheer Up. The group’s energy was infectious. He also noticed Sehun who was noticeably a bit upset with Mina avoiding him. Now there are EXO members who made TWICE unhappy. He felt ty.

When TWICE stepped down from the stage, the girls greeted the boys cheerfully. However Nayeon wasn’t looking at him. He really needs to speak to her face to face. When he was done with his performance with s, they headed back to the waiting room. He got angry again at the sight of Nayeon who was speaking to one of Monsta X member. That guy looks like he is interested in her. She was smiling at that guy and Chanyeol hates him. He just got so pissed off and entered his own waiting room.

Nayeon was staring out at the lights on the road on her way home. She experiences a roller coaster of emotions today. She was startled when her phone beeps. She unlocked it and was surprised by his text.

‘I didn’t know what has gotten over me today. If jealousy it was. Then jealousy it is. I don’t like seeing you chatting happily with the boy from KNK and Monsta X.  My jealousy consumes me and I behaved like a jerk. I am really sorry.’

Nayeon read the message over and over again. She showed Jihyo the text. Jihyo just gave a warm hug to her unnie. Chanyeol saw the blue tick. He knows she already read the message but he felt down knowing that she purposely wouldn’t reply. It was such a sad feeling. Nayeon is confused. She didn’t know what to reply or why he was feeling that way.

It was 3 am in the morning. Nayeon was tossing and turning in her bed. She could believe the text she received earlier on. It had kept her from sleeping. Her manager is going to come back to her dorm in about 3 hours and she is still not asleep yet.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated.

‘I’m downstairs. Just outside your garage. Can I see you for a short while? I’ll be waiting.’

She quickly sat up on her bed and her moves awake Mina who is a light sleeper.

MN: Unnie, what’s wrong?

NY: He is downstairs. He wants to speak to me. Ottoke? (Nayeon whispered to the girl.)

MN: You should talk if it would help you sleep at night. (The black swan .)

The girls wash their face a little. And check that they look okay. The slowly went down to the first floor and entered the garage. They opened the door to the garage to find Chanyeol standing in front accompanied by Sehun.

NY: Sunbae, you should come in the garage. (She invited them in.)

Mina didn’t even look at Sehun. Sehun was surprised Mina came down with Nayeon; He was just trying his luck. Chanyeol turned to Mina.

CYL: Mina sshi, can I speak to Nayeon for a while? (He asked nicely and Mina agreed.)

The garage isn’t that big to begin with. They went to one corner while Mina entered the kitchen and close the door leaving Sehun feeling disappointed. However, he smiles when she re-enters the garage with 2 mugs of hot green tea.

MN: It is very cold outside, you should drink something warm. (She said softly not looking at him in the eyes.)

SH: Gomawo Mina ah, I really appreciate it.

They drank quietly as they leaned on the wall watching Chanyeol and Nayeon who were engaged in a very serious conversation.

CYL: You saw my messages?

NY: Neh sunbae…

CYL: Don’t call me sunbae… Just call me oppa like you did the last time. You didn’t reply to any of my messages.

NY: I didn’t know what to say.

CYL: I’ll be very honest with you. I am jealous. I am jealous that you are talking to other guys more comfortably than when you talk to me.

NY: Do you know how hard it is to talk to you? You are from EXO for goodness sake. Every single thing you do, say or even eat and breathe is being monitored. I am just doing you a favour by keeping my distance away from you. And when I finally felt comfortable enough, you treated me like I didn’t exist. If that is not enough, you had to say things that hurt my pride as your fellow artiste and as a hoobae. How is that in any way fair for me? (She admitted honestly as she breaks into a small sob.)

Chanyeol immediately pull her into his embraced as he tried to hush her cries. Nayeon wanted to pull away from him but his hug was too strong and comforting. Mina who saw her crying was about to move to Nayeon but Sehun grabbed her wrist.

SH: Let them resolve their issues.

Mina nodded in understanding. She took a step back and continued to lean on the wall. She looked down and noticed that her hand and Sehun are now intertwined. She pulls her hand away but Sehun ignored her. She eventually gives up and let him hold her hand.

After a couple of minute, Nayeon eventually stopped crying, she wanted to pull herself away but Chanyeol wouldn’t let her. She could feel his head resting on her shoulder and his breath against her neck. Her hand eventually moved up from hugging his waist to his back. She rubs his back softly and they both immersed in a warm hug.

CYL: I don’t know what we are. I don’t even know if I could promise you a relationship or anything more. But I know I care about you and I hope you allow me to care for you. I want to be that someone special. The one who makes you smile and excites you. I want you but I don’t know if our conditions permit. What do we do?

NY: Oppa…. (She whispers softly as he tightens his hug.)

CYL: Neh…

NY: Then let’s continue to care for each other. I also don’t know what the future holds. I also do not want to make empty promises. Let’s care for each other until we couldn’t care for each other no more.

Soon, Chanyeol and Nayeon break away from their hug. Chanyeol wiped away the tears on Nayeon’s face before planting a kiss in her forehead. Mina looked down at her feet feeling a little envy. Sehun squeezed her hand a little. Mina turned to see him smiling at her with a smile so reassuring that she could not help but smiled at him back. Sehun’s heart skipped a beat. Mina came forward. Sehun was excited thinking she is going to kiss him but he pouts when Mina took his mug. Mina couldn’t help but smile as she looks at the child-like pout on his face. By then, Chanyeol and Nayeon already appeared in front of them.

CYL: What is wrong with your face?

SH: Ani... nothing…

CYL: Thank you Mina for accompanying Nayeon to come and see me.

MN: No problem sunbae.

CYL: Let’s talk comfortably in future Arrasso.

MN: Neh….

Chanyeol and Sehun slowly exit the garage after checking that they were safe to leave.  After the girls closed the door, Mina turned to her unnie.

MN: You like him don’t you?

NY: I do…. For now we know getting into a relationship is not the best for either of us. We just want to be able to care for each other. How about you?

MN: Me? There is nothing to share.

NY: Don’t lie. I saw you guys holding hand.

MN: Molla….molla…. it’s that idiot who held my hand.

The girls were glad that they finally get to have a good night sleep. Before closing her eyes, she read one last incoming text.

‘I kissed you but you didn’t kiss me.’

‘Be good and I will kiss you when I meet you.’

Soulmates don’t have to be together to be happy. Knowing that you care for one another is enough.