What's real

Attraction

I heard a loud slam of opening and closing door and it made me jump up from my sleep with racing heartbeats. I felt two cold arms wrap around my sleepy body and hug me so tightly that it was even hard to breathe.

"Y/N! Where have you been all night! You scared me to death!" My mom was so worried as she didn't let me go and showered my face with kisses.

"Eomma... I can't... Breathe..." She let me go then quickly and looked at me with her eyes big and full of worry.

"Were you home all this time? We have been looking all over the city for you!" I shook my head in response so she cupped my face with her both hands, making sure I was ok.

"What time is it..?" I asked and yawned, feeling sleepy again and leaning my head on her hands, wanting to sleep more.

"It's almost 6 am..." She said and I sighed deeply. It means it's almost time to go to school...

I groaned loudly as I grabbed my pillow and dug my face in it so mom chuckled and got up from my bed.

"Since it's the first day, let me drive you to school. Now get up and let's go make something to eat." She my hair and walked out of my room, leaving me to roll around some more and whine some more of how I don't want to go there.

After cleaning myself and preparing my bag, I put on my school uniform and slid on my black stockings that were reaching to my knees. I really didn't miss this feeling of wearing it on me...

When I cam to the kitchen, mom was already cooking something and amazing smell lingered in air. I sat down on a chair and leaned on the table as I was watching her moving around.

"I haven't cooked for you in so long..." She smiled as she turned to me and I nodded. I did miss her meals a lot because hospital food was so damn terrible after eating it for a while. My stomach growled like it was agreeing and I chuckled a bit while rubbing my tummy, excited to taste what she was preparing.

"Isn't it a little too much.." I asked with wide eyes when she put a huge plate full of food right in front of my eyes. "You didn't have to do all this after I worried you so much all night..." I felt a little guilty and she only smiled at me.

"It's your first day at school... You can't leave with an empty stomach!" She gave me chopsticks and rushed me to taste food so I chuckled and thanked her as I dug in, simply melting from how delicious food was.

Ride to school was really quiet. I had too many nervous thoughts and I guess that mom knew that so she didn't talk as well, not wanting to make me any more nervous with those talks of "how great it will be" or "I'm sure you'll make new friends!". As we were getting closer and closer, my heart started to beat faster and faster inside of my chest. Eomma noticed that so she took my hand and softly squeezed it while giving me a soft smile to calm me down. It did help. Just a little.

When we finally parked the car in front of the school, I took a deep breath and mom gave me a hug.

"Call me if you need me to come pick you up. You know home school is still a choice if you aren't ok to be here..." She my hair and I nodded as I said bye and got out of the car.

No way will I get home schooled. Everyone already looks at me as if I was an alien so that would make things only ten times worse.

I went inside the school and felt lots of stares just burning into my skin. Students whispered, mocked me. Most of them probably thought I was head so they were surprised as well. I kept staring at my feet as I was walking, counting on my mind my steps to not let myself break down.

Come on... It's first day at school, stop being so overreacting!

I knew I was already near my class but since I wasn't looking where I was going, I didn't notice a guy in front of me and I bumped into him, losing my balance and falling down on my , making some students laugh out loud.

My back hurt a lot so I rubbed it with a frown as I stood up, bowing down to that stranger and apologizing for bumping into him.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! I hope I didn't hurt you..?" He looked at me with wide eyes and softly touched my shoulder as all girls who were laughing at me, started to glare jealously.

"No... I'm okay..." I smiled at him nervously and he smiled then too with a chubby and wide smile.

"You should be more careful. I hate seeing cuties like you getting hurt." He winked at me with a smirk and I felt even more shy than I already was with my damn cheeks turning red and burning up.

"What's your name? Are you new here? I don't think I have seen you before..." He leaned a little closer to my face since he was taller and I leaned back.

"I'm Y/N and I'm not new... I just haven't been in school for a while now." I answered and he stared at me the whole time, listening.

"Ah... I see... Well, I am new here though so treat me nicely, Y/N, ok?" He did aegyo and girls around us started squealing and gasping like some fangirls.

"You seem pretty popular already..." I chuckled and he looked around at all the melting girls as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

First lesson was about to start so everybody started going to their classes and it was time for us to go too.

"We better go now, Y/N! Let's grab some lunch some time, okay?" I nodded agreeing and he smiled at me one last time.

"Just look for Park Jimin if you need me!" He yelled as he ran off and I waved at him while laughing a little to myself.

Jimin, huh..?
Making a new friend would be nice... And I feel better now after talking to him even with all those jealous glares from girls.

When I entered the classroom, I went to teacher and bowed. She looked surprised to see me. I had to study even while being in hospital so you can say that I didn't miss too much. After answering every single question that teacher had, I turned around and went to my old desk which gladly was empty. I could hear classmates whispering about me but I just stared out of the window, remembering Jimin's smiling face and it helped me to block all negativity. He seems like a little ball of happiness.

"Y/N...?" A really familiar voice called my name and I turned back quickly.

That voice belonged to Yeri - my best and only friend I completely shut out of my life before doing all dumb things I did. I didn't expect her to forgive me after all but to my surprise, she ran to my desk and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too much to be mad at you..." She smiled at me and I felt so relieved in my heart. I really needed this hug and knowing that I still have her in my life. Maybe coming back to school won't be as bad as I thought it would be..?

 

Lessons finally finished and I was walking back home from school after saying my byes to Yeri. Sun was already going down and there was a gorgeous sunset before my eyes. For the first time in my life I actually wanted to go back home. Now it was just me and mom there... It was peaceful and maybe even a little happier... When dad lived with us, I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible. He used to lie a lot. He would steal money that we were all saving for gambling and he even beat mom up before when he came back drunk at night. I tried to protect her but obviously a little girl had no strength against a grown man.

Maybe he say that he changed now, he got a good job, quit drinking and gambling or the abuse he used on us...

But did I really have to attempt to commit suicide to make him open his eyes and change? Was that really the only way..? I guess when you hit the bottom and break into pieces, only then you have to move back up since that is the only way left to go.

I decided to enjoy beautiful weather and time all alone some more so I went home through a park I used to love before. My favorite spot was on a hill, right by the river. I'd go there to study or read, it has always been so relaxing...

I headed there and nostalgic feelings filled my chest as I couldn't help but smile. I went a bit further from people and water and I sat down on the grass as I breathed in sweet scent of blue flowers that grew nearby. Sky was so beautiful as well so I laid down and stared at clouds passing by my eyes. Laying like what was so nice... So calming... I wished I could just stay that way forever and forget all world around me, letting it slowly pass by.

 

I suddenly heard moans... Manly moans. I jumped up and looked around, startled.

In the grass... Right next to me...

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f31737447676e705462476f7a6c673d3d2d3434373033343230392e313464353932396339343231643733663530323034333432373937302e676966?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

"YAH! What kind of dreams are you even having!?" I kicked his foot but he just looked at me sleepily with his eyes slightly open and he went back to sleep. "You're really looking for troubles everywhere, aren't you..?" I chuckled and sat next to him as I shook my head a little. Can you believe this guy..? "Wake up sleeping beauty..." I poked his side and he smiled while waking up and moving a bit.

"When I said "See you around" I didn't mean it as "Follow me around like a little lost puppy that you are."" Most of what he said was mumbling and yawning so I hardly understood him. "Ahh... You're such an annoying girl..." He laughed but I just stared at him because he looked so much different in this dizzy state.

"You're the one who's sleeping in the park..." He stretched out his long arms and legs and he stood up then as I was watching his every move.

"Let's go eat. I'm hungry." He didn't even let me answer as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, making me blush.

God, he is strong...

"I-I don't know... It's getting dark already..." I fixed my hair a bit and looked at him.

"But yesterday you followed me into such dark places... Don't you trust me anymore?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I was lost... And besides, I don't even know you... Not even your name." I folded my arms on my chest and he chuckled at me.

"You never asked." He seemed to be in a pretty good mood for some reason. I couldn't believe he was the same mean and annoying guy I met yesterday since now he was a smiley and giggly one.

"So what's your name?" For some reason I felt shy to ask this and my cheeks turned red again... Damn hormones.

"My name is Jungkook." He said it in a little more serious tone.

"And I'm Y/N." I tried to smile, hiding my embarrassment.

"So now... Since we know each other... Can we please go eat, Y/N-ahh~?" Can someone pinch me right now..? Is he seriously doing aegyo or whatever you call those whines..?

"Okay okay... Lead the way..." I chuckled when he dragged me away. It was weird. He didn't seem to be himself. It felt like he was forcing this or pretending...

 

Jungkook dragged me to a cozy and bright café and we sat down at the end of it, by a window.

"It's not the best café but they have my favorite ramen here..." He kept talking and I just stared at him, questioning if this guy was the same one that I met last night. "You should get them too..." I just nodded while agreeing and kept watching him. There is no way he can change so much in a snap of fingers. There must be a reason... "Stop staring or your eyes will start hurting." He chuckled so I turned away to the window, feeling awkward.

I liked being here, it was warm and atmosphere seemed like home. Jungkook seemed to like this place a lot too so I definitely wasn't thinking this way alone.

"So will you tell me why did you get lost yesterday?" He asked out of the blue and I turned to look at him.

"Because of my dad... He came to our house and I just... I had to get out." I sighed and he was about to say something else about it but I cut him off. "And why did you let yourself get beaten by those men?" He went silent for a bit and looked down while thinking for a while. He looked up at me after some seconds then.

"Because physical pain sometimes is less painful that mental inside..." He answered and kept staring into my eyes as all I did was stare back. I felt weird in my chest, his dark gaze with deep sadness hidden inside made my heart race.

"Y/N!!" I heard my name suddenly and turned away from Jungkook's trapping eyes as I saw Jimin coming towards us and waving at me. I waved back and smiled so Jungkook looked back as well and his expression changed fast.

"You know him..?" He asked and I nodded as Jungkook kept staring at Jimin who was already by us and his chubby smile turned to a dark glare too.

"Long time no see, Kook..." Jimin said in a tone lower than his usual and I felt such tension between them both that I just froze. They were like hungry wolves, staring at each other...

And how unlucky I am...

To be right between them both.