Guilt

The Reality of This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guilt

/ɡilt/

the fact of having committed a specified or implied offense or crime.

 

 

“Y-yah…” Jinyoung’s voice trembled in disbelief, the sight before seemed so unreal that he could have very well been dreaming. “Mark, w-what are you doing…” everyone besides Mark’s parents were frozen in shock, unable to move or react, and could only watch as Mark’s grip tightened on his knife. What was this?

 

“There’s no point in trying to talk him out of it Jinyoung,” Mark’s Mother hummed cheerfully, almost insanely, “that person is no longer Mark.”

 

As if to confirm his Mother’s words, Mark began to move and immediately struck down on Jinyoung.  Jinyoung let out a cry as the blade sliced the side of his arm- blood instantly trailing down his arm- if he had not jumped in shock, Jinyoung’s arm would have been sliced off.

 

“Mark what the hell are you doing!” Jaebum yelled furiously as he dropped the boy on his back to the floor, snatching Youngjae’s knife to prepare to fight Mark.

 

“Tsk tsk, we won’t be having that kind of behavior Jaebum,” Mark’s Father spoke up, and almost immediately, half a dozen of guards flooded into the room, all geared with knives as they restrained him and Youngjae.

 

“M-Mark…” Jinyoung pleaded as he blocked Mark’s attacks with his knife; each time he met eyes with his partner, the reality began to set in that this really wasn’t the person he loved. Any remnants of life that blazed so brightly in his eyes even in pitch dark, had disappeared, despite them standing in a fully lit room. The way he moved was so foreign- his body cutted through the air without hesitation, something the clumsy Mark that Jinyoung remembered, could never do. Why…

 

Unable to control the despair bubbling up inside of him, Jinyoung felt his face become damp as tears flooded from his eyes. In midst of blocking Mark’s attacks, Jinyoung turned his head to look at Mark’s parents, “What have you done to him!” Words flooded out and rolled over each other and Jinyoung could feel himself breaking down.

 

“We simply activated the chip we implanted in him since he was a child. Who you see now is simply a stranger with Mark’s face on, he’s not there anymore, simple as that.”

 

A chip? Jinyoung’s mind raced as he continued to block the persistent attacks from his partner, at this point he could no longer feel the stinging pain from his arm nor the tickle on his face from his tears. What can I do!

 

“We’ve let this carry on long enough,” her icy voice was entwined with pleasure as she laid her eyes on the sparring pair, “finish him Mark.”

 

Mark’s movements halted and he stood there motionless like a robot. “M-Mark?” Sparks of hope ignited within Jinyoung’s heart, was his Mark back? His lanky figure remained unmoving; silence filled the room.

 

Unsure of himself, Jinyoung held his knife close to him before cautiously approaching his partner, his shoulders tensed in precaution of him springing another attack. But Mark did not move, he simply stood there mimicking a doll as he ducked his head, sweaty hair covering his eyes.

 

“Mark…” all of Jinyoung’s worries seemed to fleet away from him, the grip on his knife loosened and his shoulders relaxed as he unconsciously reached his hand to touch Mark’s face. He was back.

 

“Jinyoung!” Jaebum’s desperate cry echoed in the room, but the deed is already done.

 

Jinyoung staggered back, his knife fell from his grasp as his hand reached up to his face. Huh? Why is everything so dark… why… Unable to feel the pain nor grasp the situation, Jinyoung fell backward onto the floor, his head feeling light as the blood began to pour down his face. I… Through the redness and darkness of his vision, Jinyoung could faintly see Mark’s figure hovering over his body, knife in hand, dripping blood.

 

“No! Let go of me!” Youngjae’s scream barely reached Jinyoung’s ears, everything felt so far.

 

What happened…

 

 

Mark’s POV

 

I… what’s going on! Mark could only watch as his own hand gripped tightly onto the knife, as his body, not remotely like his own, began to land attacks on his partner. What am I doing! Stop… stop! But it was like Mark was simply watching from a distance as his body struck down on his partner, void of emotion.

 

He was helpless. He wanted to close his eyes and pretend it was all a dream, that he and Jinyoung were still at home, enjoying themselves in front of a warm fire, jokingly amongst themselves as though they had not care in the world. But those were just delusion thoughts. No matter how much he wanted to escape, the reality was displaying itself before him, and he was unable to do anything about it.
 

After what seemed like an eternity of torture, wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter