Family

The Reality of This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fam·i·ly

/ˈfam(ə)lē/

a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.

all the descendants of a common ancestor.

 

“It's this way,” Jaebum's voice stretched through to all three of them as they stumbled through the darkness of the forest. They were all clothed in dark leather clothes, each wielding a knife provided by Mark, its silver tip gleaming in the Moon's rays. “Youngjae and I will lead you directly to the camera room, this place is so large that searching blindly will only result in us being caught.”

 

“Also,” Youngjae added onto Jaebum's explanation, “there should be fewer people tonight since they're still out looking for me and Jae.”

 

After that, Jaebum and Youngjae led them silently through the forest until they neared a clearing, through the branches and leaves a building came into picture- white walls stretched so far that Jinyoung could barely see the end, not a single window on it's walls, adding on to the suspicion that it could very well pass for a prison. Cold shivers went down Jinyoung's spine. What had he gotten into?

 

“Hurry up Jinyoung,” Mark's sturdy hands grasped tightly onto Jinyoung’s, leading him through the dark.

 

Jaebum held up his hand to stop the four from moving further, his eyes gleamed towards them as they gestured down to the side of the building- a single watchman treading past with a flashlight.

 

Mark dropped Jinyoung’s hand and slid his knife from its hilt. Without a second’s hesitation Mark threw the knife through the night, striking the man on his stomach. His cry was loud, but Jaebum halted it with a stomp to his chest. Youngjae gave out a small whimper as he clutched onto Jaebum’s arm.

 

The man was middle-aged, dressed all in black with a black cap covering his face. Jinyoung swallowed down the lump in his throat; this man, could he have a family? Was he leaving behind his family at home, his children quivering in fear about their Father never coming home?

 

“Oi, Jinyoung!” Mark whispered as loudly as the word “whisper” could allow.Jinyoung snapped out of his thoughts, noticing Mark glancing at him worriedly and Jaebum and Youngjae already treading ahead through the dark.

 

“Oh, sorry,” Jinyoung nodded his head apologetically before hurrying to catch up with Youngjae.

 

“There's the entrance,” Jaebum pointed to a door camouflaged in the endless building. Taking a quick breath, Jaebum slid the knife from his hilt and ran.

 

 

The four boys ran with quick steps through the halls, each section and side of the building almost identical to each other. Finally after what seemed like an eternity of running, Jaebum slowed to a walk. With his eyes he pointed to the metal plate on one of the doors a few down. The Control Room.

 

Jinyoung's grip on his knife tightened till he see white. Is this really the right thing to do? Jinyoung thought, some part of him was beginning to doubt. But there was no time to waste just thinking, there were people's lives on the line.

 

“Three…” Jaebum started to count.

 

“Two…” a bead of sweat rolled down Jinyoung's face.

 

“One.” Jaebum kicked open the door with little hesitation and immediately stabbed the closest guy he could see. Mark also jumped onto the closest guy he could see and in an instant, the room became silent, the yells of struggle gone, silence.

 

“Where are they!” Jaebum gave out a yell as he glanced over the setup of monitors. As though he believed that every single person in this building deserved to die, Jaebum's voice was void of sympathy.

 

Youngjae let out a muffled cry, his finger trembled as he lifted his hand to point to one of the monitors. Through the static of the screen, the scene became all too real. Three boys wearing white robes, each strapped down individually onto beds with chains. Several people surrounded them, injecting strange liquids into them so that tears were brought to their eyes. The muted sounds of their screams made Jinyoung feel sick; their eyes bulged with fear and their arms fought against the chains.

 

This is wrong.

 

“ we have to rescue them!” Jaebum yelled in fury, his eyes burning with rage as he pulled a level to cut all cameras off. Darkness flooded the room as all the monitors turned black, but through the dark Jinyoung could see the steady unwavering gaze of Mark. “Let's go!”

 

Jaebum yelled furiously as he charged out the door, one hand on his knife, the other holding his partner's trembling hand.

 

 

“Get the away from them!” Jaebum ran as fast as his legs could take him, kicking on of the men experimenting on the boys, whipping around immediately to strike another person.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter