Chapter 2

All in our minds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

"Shin hye, meet your new friend Yong Hwa. He is almost the same age as you, and I'm sure you two will get along," Mr. Park said to his daughter with a smile plastered on his face. "He will be living with us from now on."

The 10 year old Shin hye just stared coldly at Yong hwa. Ever since her mother died, she had changed so much. The bright, bubbly girl that everyone was so used to seeing was gone. That girl left along with her mother, leaving just a cold, selfish little girl who forgot what it was like to be loved. The poor girl just couldn't accept her mother's death, and shut herself out from the world. She lost all her friends and relationships with people she loved and looked up to. Because of all that trauma, she distanced herself away from everyone, and she would trust no one.

That was how it all began. She was only 7 years old when they started to happen. Her having no one to talk to, her being alone all the time, and her trusting no one, was too harsh on her little brain. She began to make her own friends, imagining them in her head. She would laugh a little, smile a little. She became crazy. The little people in her head, stopped becoming people. It turned into real images, scenes, that looked so real it could most definitely happen in real life. Those scenes caused her to become paranoid. She would imagine things, like her father dying, going into a large crowd and everyone sneering at her while calling her horrible names. Shin hye hated imagining those things. But no matter how much she tried, she couldn't control them. At random times, her body would tense up, causing her to drop whatever she's holding. She would fall in to a trance, which could last 1 minute to and hour, and thats the time she would be in her imagination, her sick brain's own reality. She told almost no one, her dad being the only one to know. The young girl was deeply ashamed of herself.

"Hi Shin hye! You are much prettier than I imagined. I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful friend! My name is Yong hwa, please treat me well!" the ever so cheerful boy said to her. 

Although both of Yong hwa's parents passed away in a car accident, he still always had a smile on his face, a smile that was very contagious. He lived with his grandma for a few months after his parents death, however she didn't have enough money to raise the both of them. Therefore, she went to Mr. Park, her old friends son, and begged him to take the orhaned boy.

"Please, he's only 11 years old. He is very responible, cheerful and will do anything you ask him to. Please,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter