The Rain God

The Wandering Gods series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story is participated by Chen and Baekhyun and imagine them as children gods.

“Kim sunbaenim, I like you!”

 

Hi, my name is Kim Junmyeon. I’m 16 years old and a sophomore at Tokyo Academy. For me, this is just one typical day that a girl would confess to me but as always my answer would be…

 

Junmyeon: Ah, oh…. Sorry. I have already someone I like…

 

Then I heard the soft rustling of the wind and giggles. I looked up at the skies which were already starting to turn grey.

 

Junmyeon: I see… can’t be helped, huh?

 

Girl: Hey, sunbae…

 

*Junmyeon: They’ll… tease me when I get home.

 

Girl: Are you listening?

 

I rejected the freshmen who confessed to me that day and I hurried myself to go home as the rain started to pour. I can see things that are invisible because I was born in a shrine, is what I like to say. As usual the twins, Baekhyun and Chen would greet me as I arrive.

 

Chen & Baekhyun: Junmyeon! Junmyeon, welcome back!

 

Junmyeon: I’m home guys.

 

Chen: I heard! A girl at school confessed to you!

 

These are two of the many gods of Shinto you hear tell of, and for some reason, they love to gossip.

 

Junmyeon: I thought you’d hear about it. Anyway… Yifan got the news too, right?

 

The twins just giggled at me as I hurried to my room and it wasn’t empty,

 

“Welcome back, Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon: Don’t enter my room without permission.

 

This person is Yifan. He has golden locks which reach until his shoulders. His eyes were of a golden hue, with pupils elongated in shape. He is garbed in a black montsuki kimono, white tabi, white nagajuban, red hakama and a gold montsuki haori with a white haori – himo. His gazes can be piercing but don’t be fooled because he can be childish in a snap of a finger.

 

Yifan: Puberty, huh?

 

Junmyeon: What do you want?

 

Yifan: Oh, that’s right!

 

He looked at me seriously which always makes my knees weak but as always he’d give me that childish gummy smile when he wants to tease me.

 

Yifan: I heard you were invited to reproduce! (Snickering)

 

Junmyeon: Seriously Yifan?

 

Yifan is a bit special. He might be annoying but he is special to me. He’s taking this little jizo around him always. I think he might be an important god. But I’m not sure.

 

Yifan: I also heard you have someone you like.

 

I felt my heart stop when he said that. I felt myself getting warm thinking he might find out.

 

Yifan: Who is it? Confide in me, Myeon – myeon.

 

I hate it when he calls me that. I huffed and threw my bag on the table and sat on the floor.

 

Junmyeon: Don’t tease me. That was just an excuse.

 

I heard him laugh lightly and he leaned towards me.

 

Yifan: Lies, all lies. I’ve watched you lie ever since you were a child. You thought it would escape my eyes?

 

Junmyeon: Don’t treat me like a child.

 

Yifan: You are a child.

 

I balled my hands into fists as I heard him say those words. I stood up, grab him by his collar and pushed him out of my room.

 

Junmyeon: Get out!

 

Yifan: Huh? What’s wrong?

 

Junmyeon: Don’t act all important!

 

Yifan (Snickering): But I am important!

 

I shoved him forcefully and shut the door at his face.

 

Junmyeon: Well, you might be important but get out anyway!

 

I locked the door and leaned my back on it. I get mad when he treats me like that. I am not a kid anymore. Then I heard his voice behind the door.

 

Yifan: Junmyeon… Come to the pond in the back later. I’ll show you something nice.

 

I am so mad at him but Yifan is special. When I was a child I got chased by mountain dogs. As I was running, I fell into the pond. I was about to drown when he saved me. When I was 6, I got to know the meaning of those words. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.

 

“You are a child.”

 

*Junmyeon: So cruel… I’m already a sophomore in high school!

 

I sighed as I try to control my anger at him.

 

*Junmyeon: Oh, he said to go to the pond…

 

I changed my clothes and hurriedly went to the pond at the back of the shrine. I saw Yifan standing near the pond.

 

Yifan: You’re late, Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon: Yeah, yeah. I had school work and I had to finish it.

 

He just smiled when I went near to him. He placed a hand on my shoulder which made me blush and whispered at my ear as he pointed at the lake.

 

Yifan: There, look.

 

I looked at the direction that he was pointing and I saw a family of ducks.

 

Yifan: The ducklings hatched. I was worried since it’s off season, but all of them are healthy.

 

I felt my heart flutter at how kind he is, even though it’s just sometimes.

 

 Junmyeon: Awesome…. Awesome!

 

Yifan (Chuckling): I thought you’ll be pleased, but you are sure jolly.

 

I looked at him and was about to retort when he said those dreaded words.

 

Yifan: As I thought. You’re still a child.

 

I felt my world break in an instant. I felt like strangling his neck and I don’t even care that I love him.

 

Yifan: Huh? What is it? (Snickering) Is that a sinister aura?

 

That’s it! I’ve had enough from him.

 

Junmyeon: Would you stop treating me like a child!

 

Yifan (No idea what’s going on): Huh? What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter