Trust and Affections

maknae line

Filming the Twice TV 3 has never felt this tiring before. Hours were spent outside and while it’s actually pretty fun playing with each other like a little kid, the nine girls eventually got tired as how normal people do. They are still humans like us after all. Except the fact that they are idols or celebrities if you want to call it that way.

 

Vacant beds were all occupied by the exhausted girls who are already fast asleep, only leaving Tzuyu and Jihyo somehow still chilling on the living room.

 

“This couch feels so nice.” The leader groaned while relaxing her sore body and tensed muscles.

 

“I agree.” Tzuyu laughed and did the same.

 

 Jihyo closed her eyes, facing the ceiling. “Hey Tzuyu..”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don’t you feel like.. someone is missing?”

 

“So you noticed it too?”

 

“Yah!” Jihyo sat up straight and threw a pillow towards her, “why didn’t you say anything this whole time?!”

 

The maknae dodged the incoming attack and laughed even more.

 

“For heaven’s sake Chou Tzuyu.. you don’t know how worried I am.” Jihyo sighed and laid back against the soft cushion.

 

“Just leave her be,” Tzuyu smiled, “she needs some time alone.”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, noticing how alarmed the latter has gotten suddenly. “Don’t worry unnie. All is fine.”

 

The older glanced towards the clock, “it’s been two hours how come she’s not back yet–“  

 

“I know.” Tzuyu cut in, pushing herself off the couch. “That’s why I’m going to fetch her now.”

 

“Stay safe.” Jihyo sighed in relief.

 

“I will.”

 

The long walk was filled with silence with a small noise coming from Tzuyu’s footsteps. She found herself humming to her favorite song, Precious Love, to fill the empty hallway. Good thing she was not a scaredycat or else she might have not gotten to where she was now.

 

She stopped singing just before her high note part come at the sight of the one she has been looking for who’s currently staring at the scenery outside on the balcony.

 

The taiwanese smiled and with a careful and quiet step, she wrapped her arms around the girl, who doesn't seem to be surprised for a single bit.

 

She was about to spoke but the girl had already beaten her to it.

 

"I knew it's you. It's always gotta be you anyway."

 

Tzuyu was quite taken aback at the words, "did you recognize my steps?"

 

"Yes, but this one almost couldn't be heard." She chuckled, "you did pretty good this time."

 

“Is that so..” The maknae looked at the girl on her embrance, “aren’t you tired?”

 

“I am.”

 

“It’s getting so late. When are you planning to head back?”

 

The latter sighed, resting her head on the crook of Tzuyu’s neck. “Until I’m finally tired of this scenery.”

 

“I don’t think you can stay awake forever.”

 

The two laughed at Tzuyu’s reply which is true and spent some moments in silence.

 

It was such a restless night yet they found comfort in each other’s embrance. Keeping one warm was Tzuyu’s nature especially when it comes to this one particular person who apparently she cares the most.

 

“You are freezing,” said her after holding the girl’s hand, “the night air is unhealthy. How about looking at the scenery from inside?”

 

But the latter just shook her head, quietly declining the offer.

 

Tzuyu gently kissed her head, “you missed your brother so bad huh?”

 

“Not just my brother. But my parents too.”

 

“I see..”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I feel homesick too.” She closed her eyes.

 

“Of course you do.”

 

A sudden light from afar caught their attention.

 

“Fireworks?”

 

“Mini fireworks."

 

Tzuyu chuckled, “yeah, just like you.”

 

“I didn’t know you like small things.”

 

“Well, now you know.” She rested her chin on the girl’s head with a playful smirk. “Nae chingu Chaeyoungie..”

 

“What?”

 

“Can I change it to.. nae yeoja Chaeyoungie instead?”

 

A soft giggle followed, “it’s up to you.”

 

“You never voice your opinion.” Tzuyu pouted.

 

“I’m fine with anything.”

 

“And that makes me really worried.”

 

The redhead shifted so they are finally facing each other, closely.

 

No words were spoken but a neverending gaze which pretty much tells everything.

 

Tzuyu brought her closer, their bodies pressed together and she felt a pair of arms pulling her down until their lips met, feeling the softness of her lips. She has never liked the taste of strawberry this much.

 

The kiss went slow, accompanied with a finger drawing circles on the smol’s back.

 

Chaeyoung let out a quiet and muffled sigh, closing her eyes and sank into the moment. No more past, there’s only the future waiting. No need to be afraid.

 

I will always be by your side.

 

She opened her eyes at the sudden voice of Tzuyu that echoed in her head, only to be greeted by two pair of eyes staring back at her sincerely. Her knees somehow felt weak from the fatigue and they broke the kiss with Tzuyu catching her body from falling down.

 

“This is getting worse. Let’s just head back.” Chaeyoung nodded and Tzuyu lifted her body, “hold on tight.”

 

The older rested her head into the crook of her neck, fighting against the urge to sleep.

 

"Why are you forcing yourself like this?"

 

"I don't know.." she weakly answered, "I'm such a mess right now... I don't want you to see me like this."

 

"Fine by me." Tzuyu held her tighter, "I want to see every sides of you."

 

And with that, Chaeyoung lost her consciousness. 

 


 

Morning came with a bright sunlight peeking through the curtains. Chaeyoung lightly groaned at the direct contact and shifted uncomfortably on the bed, covering her face with a blanket.

 

She felt her head hitting against something hard and forced her eyes open to see Tzuyu’s sleeping face in front of her. A faint blush covered her face and she snuggled closer towards the girl.

 

Tzuyu unconsciously placed her arms around the redhead and pulled her into a hug.

 

This is not so bad. Chaeyoung thought to herself. Being with you makes me so happy already.

 

“I love you.”

 

A smile was seen on Tzuyu's sleeping face. 

 


 

“I told y’all they both love each other so much.” Jihyo proudly said while waving her glass of vodka in the air.

 

“Even more than their love towards this group maybe.” Momo joined her.

 

“Ah, young love.”

 

“Stop that Mina, you sound like an old lady.”

 

“Yah, why so salty Jeongyeon?”

 

“Let her be Mina, she lost her bet on this one.” The others laughed and pulled out a stack of cards.

 

“Are you perhaps jealous?” Sana curiously asked.

 

Jeongyeon looked at the sleeping duo, her frown slowly disappeared. “Chaeyoung is like a little sister to me already so of course I’m worried as hell.”

 

“Awww...”

 

“Shut up!” Jeongyeon threw  a pillow towards the six girls on the carpet which they all easily dodged, except Jihyo.

 

“Yah! My vodka! I haven’t even finished it yet!”

 

“Aigooo! Jeongyeon is so dead!”

 

“Run Jeongyeon run!”

 

Loud screams and laughters filled the entire room.

 

Tzuyu’s eyebrow twitched.

 

“Those idiots...”