Future Us

maknae line

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After getting many recognitions from the past, mainly since she started writing half of every album's rap part after the second comeback, Chaeyoung finally appeared at Unpretty Rapstar as a special guest. It's not like she's being ungrateful, she actually felt honored. But seeing girls dissing at each other is not her thing. She remembered how bad her half canadian bestie on their convo earlier. The younger bet that Chaeyoung will eventually tear up the moment she got dissed by the judges, if it ever happens. But her fear and uneasiness at the recording quickly disappeared when she received a text from a certain brunette at the backstage, who's now watching her from afar. She bit her lip to stop herself from smiling like a lovestruck girl since the show is still on going. Who knows what will happen if the camera caught her. She just need to bear for another fifteen minutes until everything's over.

 

Chaeyoung has never felt so free before in her life. Rather than going straight home, she's now spending her time speeding up on the highway after strolling around the city. Her fatigue quickly washed away after finally able to meet her long time girlfriend, being bear hugged the moment they saw each other. 


"I am so glad that you can drive."

 

The latter chuckled, her eyes focused on the road. "Thank you for the compliment. But this is the least I can do."

 

"Accompanying me for every schedule I got is already more than enough, you dork."

 

Laughters filled the car, making it more refreshing after all of the tiring activities they had for today.

 

The car slowly went silent. Chaeyoung found herself staring into the city's bright light. Everything's shining from the highway.

 

"Hey Tzuyu."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Thanks."

 

"For what?"

 

"Everything."

 

Tzuyu glanced to her side, watching the rapper's tired face. "Go get some sleep. I will wake you up once we are there."

 

She pouted. "But I want to look at the city. It's so beautiful at night."

 

"It is indeed."

 

Five years has passed. Twice is now beyond popular, which means no more time to rest since everyday is packed with so many things to do. Starting from performing, TV show, practice, CFs, etc. They went through a somewhat extreme weight loss. Good thing there's always someone in the group who keeps on reminding them the importance to eat and not holding back the appetite.

 

Thinking back of how much she had went these past years, Tzuyu let her grip on the steering tighten. She was so young when it all happened. It hit her just now of how cruel the world was actually. How innocent of her to think that everyone is so welcoming and understanding while it's much more different in reality. She is so grateful to have such a loving members who will always protect each other at all costs and she can share everything with. 

 

Tzuyu let her hand wander around until it reaches Chaeyoung's hand, resting on top of hers. The latter was already asleep, much to her predictament.

 

Being in the same age, same class at school and also roomates, are the things that made them become like this. It was Tzuyu who had feelings for her first. And it's also her who confessed on the graduation party, which earned a muffled sob afterwards. It seems like Chaeyoung can't keep her cool whenever Tzuyu is around. While the taller feels somehow all protective when that happens.

 

The two of them actually only considered themselves as friends. Nothing more than that. But sometimes life is full with unpredictable things. Hence why they're dating now. All of the standards they have about their future husband washed off the moment they realized their real feelings towards each other. It's so simple, yet so meaningful.

 

"Tzu..yu.."

 

She couldn't help but to smile when hearing the girl mumbling her name in her sleep. Tzuyu watched her cute girlfriend who's covered with blanket.

 

"You're mine."

 

The words slipped out of unintentionally when she continued to focus on the road.

 

She felt her hand being held not long after, which surprised her a bit.

 

"I'm yours."

 

Chaeyoung smiled lovingly at her, erasing all the tension she got just now. "Stop being so emotional like that."

 

"Couldn't help it when all I can think about is you." Tzuyu returned the smile.

 

Chaeyoung snorted. "Cheesy."

 

"I don't know what would have happened if I didn't realize my feelings for you that time."

 

"Tzuyu..."

 

"I know. Sorry..."

 

"You love me that much?"

 

"What kind of question is that even?" She chuckled. "Of course I do."

 

Chaeyoung felt her cheeks warmed.

 

"I'll never let you go."

 

"Really?"

 

"All of these questions," she sighed, "you want to get punch in the face again or something?"

 

"If it's you then I'm okay with anything."

 

Chaeyoung facepalmed. "How can you be so confident while saying that?"

 

Tzuyu grinned. "Hey, Chaengie."

 

"What?"

 

There's some moment before she spoke again.

 

"Thanks for always taking care of me."

 

"That's what we always do-"

 

"Don't you get it?"

 

Chaeyoung looked at her in confusion, waiting for her to continue.

 

"That's my way to say 'I love you'."