Prologue

Moonlight

 

25th June 2016

___________________

 

 

It was a cold winter night. Not a single star was in sight against the dark gloomy sky. Only the full moon hung up barely shining onto the surface of the earth. The silent night was screaming. Something was coming, something that hungers for blood.

 

Grrrr

 

A dark shadow dashed through the woods. Howls echoed into the night. There was no escape. Their hearts were beating fast against their chests, agitated and afraid. Limbs were slowly growing sore but they had to keep running - they needed to push on. To save themselves from the creature that lurks in the darkness. The couple held their hands tighter refusing to let go of each other. Tears welled up in her eyes trying to keep up with her husband as they frantically run deeper and deeper into the woods.

 

But there was no escape…

 

Suddenly an invisible wave hit them from the front causing them to fly backwards. He quickly reacted and tugged her into his arms to protect her pregnant body from the impact. He grunted as his back collided against a tree trunk.  The two looked up and there a meter away stood a dark shadow almost half of the size of the tall trees surrounding it. Overwhelming powers was surging from the monster; very dark powers. A gasp left her lips as the monster stepped forward and finally took form - a werewolf.

 

Its red eyes were filled with a sharp gaze that would pierce one's soul, dark majestic fur painted in blood. Another growl was heard as it glares at its prey. Sharp fangs bared ready for an attack; another kill for the night. The monster leaped off the ground and pounced straight at the two. He pushed her away and readied himself for the pain. A shrill cry left her lips as she watched her husband fought against the ferocious beast. His arm muscles strained trying to prevent its teeth from sinking into his skin. Claws scratched against his abdomen and thighs.
 
"Run!" He yelled but her frail body refused to react to it. It was horrifying. "Find the kids and run!"
 
Finally, she forced herself to tear her gaze away from the scene and stood up. Tears were continuously flowing down her cheeks. She had to find the kids, take them far away as possible. Her hand protectively came around her belly. She need to run. It wasn't far before she was yanked back and felt teeth slicing through the skin at the base of her neck. She screamed and trashed in pain - her body going limp.
 
What was a second felt like an hour, before the monster was stabbed through the heart with a silver blade. It howled and released its grip; causing her to fall onto the ground not being able to move. He pushed the blade deeper into its heart, his own hands burning from the material. He gave a loud war cry before using all of his strength to cut straight up slicing through its shoulder before finally beheading the beast in one swift movement. The monster quivered before its body fell - dead.
 
He panted hard as he slowly limped his way to his wife. His body was badly wounded, deep claw marks everywhere and he was losing too much blood. She was still conscious and alive but was immoblized. The venom was spreading through her body. He fell onto her side not having the strength to support himself anymore. The two gazed longingly at each other. Her sobs were barely audible but he her hair lovingly. His thumb gently wiped her tears away only to cause her to cry harder.
 
His lips parted but his voice was failing him. He mouthed his last words and eyes fluttered shut - never to open again.
 
"I'm sorry, I love you."
 

___________________

 

 

Just a little sneak peak. Nothing special :)

~Dee