Danger

The Line

Chapter Two

Only two months in, I have found at least five suspects. I was able to easily identify the ring leader. The only issue was to find his location and determine how many member he would have. My prediction from analysing the evidence, about 50 men maximum versus one. Amazing amount. After meeting with the unit Director at work, I was able to get the other boys for back up for the raid. We have been training for four weeks on our strengths. This mafia knows that I have been looking for their boss and would put a fight. They don't care if I am a female.

Kyungil's father assigned ten of his strongest men into the raid mission. The Director allowed me to use as much force, only if I cover up my tracks of mafia relations. It was a piece of cake for me as I usually hack into the system and override all of the evidence. With that out of the way, I focused on a solo case given by myself. I know it's an offence to do solo missions, but this is important. I need to find those who were responsible for the death of my parents. With only a small amount of evidence given, my crock board on the wall had images scattered around with wool showing the connection. The ring-leader is left with a huge question mark. I wrote down notes of the clever leader that always uses unrelated people to do their dirty work.

After writing down my overview report of the planned raid, I received a text message from Kyungil. "Come over to my place after work. I got to show you something." I smiled myself and replied to him that I'll be there in an hour or two.

I drove to work to hand in a hard-copy of my detailed planned raid. The Director was surprised with my plan but approved it as he thought it was the most suitable plan. I planned to be an undercover waitress of a luxurious hotel that the Italian mafia usually goes to. Seduce the leader and get kidnapped. While being kidnapped, it gives the boys enough time to get evidence for the hotel and their ideal base as I will have a tracking device installed in me with an advanced technology that monitors the nanotech that I have drunk from water. With that approved, I peacefully made my way to Kyungil's suite.

The modern and spacious house fitted his attitude of mature and chic. His German Shepard dogs were trained to watch body movement carefully. With that in mind, I made my way to the main gate and greeted the Black Wolves who are in charge of entry. The main guards noticed my jaw dropping hair flowing in the air with the powerful BMW i8 pulling over to the side. The noise of the car attracted others attention as they knew that I am the only one with this car. The mafia members were basically my over-protective brothers. I found it cute that they cared about me as Kyungil is my best friend.

The dull and chic front garden created the cautious atmosphere as Umbra jumped to me from behind. The carefree wolf closed its eyes as I was rubbing it's fur. The two German Shepard's made their way and noticed my presence. Likewise, the two started me. Luka and Oto were twin brothers that grew up with Kyungil. The three roughly met each other at the same time. Eventually the commotion grabbed the owner's attention as the door opened. He lend against the doorframe and admired his animals affection towards me. The pets knew who I was, since I had looked after them for four years when Kyungil was appointed to go to Japan for a few years.

Umbra made his way to the hallway as he eagerly wanted me to follow him. I chuckled to myself when I was greeted by his obsession of chew toys. I rolled my eyes as I sat on the main bedroom's floor. Kyungil removed his work vest which revealed his toned body. He joined me and watched Umbra squealing at our small reunion. His face was adorable when he saw me the other time. I noticed my phone going off at the distance but it was picked up by Kyungil. He answered the phone and excused the person to call in a few hours.

Typical Kyungil. I didn't mind as I was able to spend time with Kyungil. He turned my phone off and returned to his seat. It was nine-thirty at night so Umbra decided to sleep on my lap. So adorable. I watched the happy wolf breath until I noticed Kyungil staring into my eyes. Those dark eyes are the eyes I have missed and I don't know why. I know that our lives are the different but something has sparked since our gaze.

"I was worried about you." I heard a soft mumble from Kyungil's lip. "You didn't reply to me after a year... Why now?" He wondered. 
I was taken back for a moment but realised that my job made me change numbers. "Give me your phone," I ordered him and inserted my new number. "Don't complain at me, blame my job. Silly." I chuckled. 
He wrapped his arms around my body which caught me off guard. "Let me sink this in please..." 
I nodded and accepted his hug. I mumbled with a few tears, "You scared me a couple of times at work. I had to cover up your mess with my hacking skills..." I rested my head on his shoulders. "I thought you were gone at some stage..."
He held my shoulders and looked at me in the eyes. "I'm not that easy to get rid of Krystal..." Kyungil smirked as he witnessed my weak presence. "I am helping you with your personal investigation. Whether you like it or not."

I watched him get off from his seat and grabbed an album book nearby. I titled my head for a moment but noticed the cover page. The old maroon leather page was worn out. Kyungil and Krystal. It must've been his grandfather's old photo album of us. I smiled to myself when I was told to seat on his King size bed. The first few images were Kyungil at the foreground while I was in the background hiding from the camera and Kyungil. To be honest, I was completely afraid of him. I knew his was the mafia leaders son. I had to be a careful. Noticing my emotion, he wrapped him arm around my waist and continued staring at the photos.

We eventually made it to our senior year graduation. Of course we were partners for the formal prom night. Although many guys asked me to be their dates, Kyungil threaten to hurt them. It was adorable watching him get jealous. The same thing happened to Kyungil but he coldly rejected the girls. It was sad watching girls tear up but I was happy on the night. His black suit was exposed with his white shirt and undone tie. His black pants and hair suited the formal. Although the hair were sticking out, he looked handsome. I wore a lacy shoulder navy blue formal gown. My back was exposed to the public but it was occupied by Kyungil's palm as he guided me during that night. It was a wonderful night to remember until we got home to my place for the night.

I remembered my room shredded to pieces along with ruined photos and frames. My fathers mafia belongings were either stolen or burned. I remember bursting into tears while Kyungil called for his him and ordered to find the person in charge. However, it didn't work. I sighed to myself and looked at the sharp cheekbones on his face. He noticed my gaze with a grin. He swiftly placed his hand on my chin and lifted it up. I was taken back for a moment until I noticed his head tilting to me.

"Boss!" Yijeong stormed into the room. He noticed our position and blushed.
"Great," he muttered. "What is it?" 
"The Italian Mafia. They placed a reward on Krystal..."
Kyungil grabbed his jacket and guns. "Lead the way." 
"Wait." I got up from the bed. "Let me..." I was cut off.
Kyungil instantly hugged me. "These people just placed a reward on your life and you want to die?" He questioned with a serious look.
"But"
"I can't afford to lose you now. I need you. I need your help..." I noticed the choke in his voice. 
I nodded his head but grabbed my phone. "I'll give information from the sidelines." I opened Kyungil's draw and found a head piece. "I'll stay here at the compound and give you guys information about them." 
Yijeong appreciated the offer. "Thanks", he headed outside.
"Be careful." I prayed to myself. 
A soft sneer was heard. "Of course", I felt warmth on my lips and noticed his eyes were shut. "I'll be back." 
"Please..." I mumbled before racing to the main office of the suite.

I contacted the Special Police Force 1st Unit Director and gave him information about the price on my head. He clicked his tongue and wondered what I'm doing. I simply played it cool that I will be fine and find a way to continue on with the raid. He noticed my right situation and wished me luck.

I connected my head piece to the boys out on the field. The five boys in the unit are the main ones on the mission. I gave a brief overview of the layout of the mansion in Busan. They were lucky enough to get a helicopter access from Sihyoung's connection to the Mafia in the area. Although his not an heir, his well respected from his father's recognition in boxing. I allocated the boys location with their strength. I kept in contact with Kyungil as his position for the Mafia boss.

"Steady" I mumbled in the mouth piece. 
"I am!" I heard his stressed remark. "I just hate the fact that your head has a high price out of all people..." He admitted.
Jaeho joked in the piece. "This is the first thing I ever herd about the Black Wolves boss having emotion towards someone." 
I rolled my eyes and warned them all about the enemies in the compound. "Dokyun, two are on your left and five in the hallway. Jaeho, you have three guys with semi-auto guns assigned as guards. Yijeong, you are in the clear..." I quickly checked my screen, "but there are laser traps. There are not valuable items next to you. Smash them and threw them up in the air and you have six seconds to cross that path before security is alarmed. Sihyoung, five unarmed men with black-belt material arts are ahead of you. Kyungil, big man with two guards at his door five o'clock." I assigned their positions. 
"Copy," they spoke in sync. 
I mumbled into Kyungil's piece. "You better come out alive or I'm calling you a liar." I joked. 
Kyungil stopped for a moment until he admitted, "I promise and I have been waiting for years for this moment. And know your head has a price. There is no way I'm losing you..."
I noticed activity near the Yijeong. "Show time boys... Good luck."

It was only three hours since the raid and I've been getting scared. Umbra comforted me with his presence. He knew that something was off. He started howling in the night until we heard the door opening from behind. The mysterious figure hugged me from behind but I felt wet patches on my back. A bloody Kyungil passed out on the ground. I quickly raced to the bathroom and grabbed anti-infection and some alcohol and patching. I noticed the blood continued to seeped on the ground. I positioned him to sit up as intended his wounds. He got a few gun shots to his thigh and bruises on his bicep. It made me sick. This person risked their life for me. After successfully tending his wound, I grabbed a cup of water and passed it to him and rubbed his head in agony.

My heart wouldn't stop beating. It was clinched tightly when I noticed him injured. It was too much to bare. I mumbled his name when he faced me with a smile. I lightly punched his shoulder and fell asleep on his shoulder.

The mattress squeaked for a moment which caught my attention. I noticed Kyungil struggling to strip to his boxers. I sighed to help the poor fella out. I noticed the dry blood on his stomach. I scolded him to have a shower. He simply said it was a bother. It was only three in the morning. Without hesitation. I swiftly picked him up and carried to the bathroom. He was speechless when he witnessed me carrying a 65 kilograms male without struggling. I ignored his surprised and poured warm water to his body. Luckily he was in his boxers. We ended up having a semi- shower together. It was only the only opinion to get rid of the blood. I carefully placed him on the bed and went out of the room to change and check on the others.

Luckily no one was seriously injuries impart from Kyungil. That idiot. I gave the other men medication and a water to drink on the bed desk and quickly made my way back to the main bedroom. Umbra peacefully slept on Kyungil's side of the bed with him while his left arm was out. Indication of my pillow. I chuckled at the cute gesture. I snuggled up in bed and waited for morning to rise.

A text message popped up from my phone. The Director excused the six of us from attending work today. It seems like the others managed to create the written overview and excused Kyungil from his since he was in bad shape. His wound started to heal slowly. I quietly stared at his ruined toned ribs. The scars are slowly revealing their places. I noticed a small fainted scar on his lip. It seemed to be there for a while. Umbra quietly yawned and jumped off the bed. This caught his attention. He turned over and kicked me out of the bed. I made a thump on the floor and called him out. I lazily picked up my stuff and headed out of the room until being stopped by my waist.

"Not yet..." He muttered. "Let me wake up first and get breakfast first." 
"I have no spare clothes..."
He threw his huge jersey at me. "This would do for now." Kyungil brushed his teeth as I put on the jersey. "Sorry about the mess last night." He brushed his teeth but stared at the mirror which reflected my image.
I smiled at him before hanging my head in defeat. "It's okay..." 
After gargling the water from his mouth, I stopped hearing his footsteps. "As long I came out alive..." 
I grabbed hold of his shirt. 
He continued. "And that your safe. I'm fine with that."