[ PART 4 ]

Fall In Love? I think not.

"It’s left, left, up and turn, got it? Hey you over there with the purple shirt, your feet are two inches off. Let’s take it from the top again!”

 

Across the room, Jimin lazily eyed a finicky Jung Hoseok who was preoccupied with teaching (torturing) a group of new freshmen their ‘warmup’ routine, as he did his usual prior stretches. They were beyond pumped, squealing in fact, being able to move on from the basics; until they realised what came their way next made the loathed basics seem like heaven’s greatest gift.

 

“Don’t just move your body, you have to listen to the music,” Hoseok’s serious eyes were watchful, “Feel the rhythm and the dance.”

 

Jung Hoseok - captain of the dance team, a demanding perfectionist regarding any dance related matters, who always pays attention to every detail no matter how small - was not going to in a million years let them off the hook easily despite his fun, leisurely personality. It was a fact Jimin would know best, considering how he too had his own fair share of suffering when he first joined the dance club. He did feel slight pity for them, but if anyone was worth learning from, it’s definitely Hoseok.

 

The older dedicated not only innumerable hours into practice, he poured passion and love into every move that even Jimin admired him for that (despite the several occasions Jimin doubted Hoseok’s sanity and intelligence). Truth be told, Jimin – though he would never admit it to the male who would rub the fact in his face - looked up to and trusted Hoseok.

 

“We’re doing good, people!” Hoseok’s laughter was hearty as it resonated across, “Ten more rounds to go!”

 

By the time they were done (an exact 2hours 47 minutes and 48 seconds later), Jimin could not get up on his feet, but his body rocked with frustrated effort. Leaning against the mirrored wall, it took the panting lad roughly ten deep breaths till his breathing steadied, and was possible for him to stretch his aching limbs inch by inch to ease the soreness. Every practice, as usual, was enervating. But it gave Jimin odd satisfaction to know they, or he at the very least, had accomplished something and was one step closer to perfecting the challenging choreography.

 

Dancing was Jimin’s life after all, and life was never easy.

 

“Here,” The young male felt a tingling cold sensation on his left cheek. Craning his neck upwards with strenuous effort, he took in the sight of a sweaty, grinning Hoseok – who had a bottle of water in one hand, and another bottle held out to Jimin. Murmuring a soft thanks, Jimin was grateful for the replenishment of fluid as he eagerly took big gulps of water. Hoseok’s features too were contorted by fatigue as he flopped down beside him, yet the forever energised male still smiled nevertheless.

 

“You did great today,” Hoseok was, and will always be amazed and proud of Jimin’s talent. From the very second he had laid eyes on the younger, Hoseok knew the latter was gifted more than Jimin himself was aware of. “That jump you did? Damn I gotta admit I was kinda’ doubting you there for a sec. But of course I knew you’d make it.” The older gave him a slap on the back hard enough to send the water in his mouth down his throat, causing the poor wheezing lad to choke and gasp for air.

 

“…thanks?” Jimin’s voice was hoarse.

 

“We’ve got some pretty good ones this year,” Hoseok motioned towards the worn out group of ragdolls sprawled across the floor before laughing, “Reminds me of when you first joined the team.”

 

“Hmm.” Jimin was far too tired to make any snarky remarks or retorts, yet he could not prevent the emergence of a smile at the memory. Hoseok had always been the one who encouraged him, dragged him for additional practice and never stopped believing in his capabilities. For that Jimin was beyond appreciative of.

 

Yawning, Hoseok mumbled, “There’s this other guy though. I’ve been trying to get him to join us, but he’s a little on the shy side.”

 

“Oh let me guess,” Jimin huffed, “You’ve been chasing the unfortunate soul around-even to the toilets- and won’t stop till he says yes?” The younger’s question was unnecessary, given the answer was as clear as day. The glint of mischief and determination written all over Hoseok’s face was evident as he vigorously nodded. Silently, Jimin offered a prayer for the poor male who would never stand a chance against a Hoseok who had his mind set, and would eventually give in like many others.

 

“I’m close, just a little while longer and he’s ours.” Hoseok’s grin was sly as he contemplated his evil plans, yet it melted into a warm smile as soon as his eyes fell upon the members. The one thing the older was most proud of wasn’t his superb dance skills; it was the team who he considered his family, who he shared times of joy and sadness with, who he would give up everything for. Slowly scanning the crowd, he eventually came to notice the absence of a loud, cheerful male who always came bouncing in and takes a seat at the far corner to watch them.

 

“Where’s your friend? Tae…taehyung, right?”

 

The younger blinked before taking another sip of water,“Math. He failed his test. Again.”

 

“For real? I failed mine too last semester and I was only 2 freaking marks away. Tell him I feel his agony.” Hoseok couldn’t suppress a pitiful wince at the thought of the one subject that got him feeling like an absolute idiot.

 

Jimin wasn’t going to lie, he did somewhat miss his best friend’s presence and support. Glancing at Taehyung in between practice to find his goofy, gummy grin plastered on as he waved a miniature and (horribly) self-made banner was surprisingly motivating for Jimin; though Taehyung’s main reason for making frequent visits wasn’t his best friend, but rather his crush – Jung Hoseok.

 

Recently the love-struck lad had even began planning their wedding and honeymoon, flooding Jimin’s apartment with tons of brochures and magazines, even going as far as to drag him along to window-shop for tuxedos. Jimin thus decided that Operation ‘Get-Taehyung-and-Hoseok-together-ASAP’ must commence at once or he’ll never have a day of peace ever again.

 

But of course it was easier said than done, considering just how flawed Jimin’s non-existent plan was.

 

“Hyung,” Jimin’s gaze was wary as it darted back and forth between his fists and Hoseok who was sipping on water, “I…have a question.”

 

The older made a gesture, “Fire away.”

 

“Well…it’s a bit of a…weird question.”

 

“It’s okay you’re weird anyways.” Hoseok’s laughter made Jimin twitch in annoyance, but he swallowed it for the sake of accomplishing a greater good.

 

“Are you…” Jimin swallowed nervously before continuing.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Are you fine with err-liking…guys?” Jimin had his fingers crossed that Hoseok wouldn’t scream, but much to his surprise the older merely blinked and actually answered within seconds.

 

“Sure I am,” Hoseok’s confusion moulded, “I mean I like you, and Mark, and Jackson-speaking of him did he skip practice again?”

 

“That’s not what I meant.” Jimin was impatient as he held both hands up in defence, carefully scanning their surroundings to make sure no one was close enough to eavesdrop before whispering, “I meant like like. As in…romantically like,”

 

Hoseok was downright lost, “What?”

 

“I guess you could also say…love? I-want-to-date-you-and-kiss-you-and-”

 

The older had taken another mouthful of water, yet Jimin’s unexpected statement made the lad’s eyes widen as he involuntarily spat a fountain of liquid into air instead of swallow, gaining the attention of every one present. Jimin sheepishly motioned that all was fine while patting a coughing Hoseok on the back rather hardly, and dismissing their concern.

 

“Jeez, you didn’t need to freak out hyung.” Jimin sighed.

 

“S-sorry.” Jimin continued to rub Hoseok’s back in soothing motions as he struggled to regain his breath. “Please-” The older coughed, his voice eventually functioning once more, “Please don’t tell me you like me because I understand that I’m charming and all…but still.”

 

Taking off his shoe and launching it at Hoseok’s bewildered face (only to miss due to the older male’s amazing reflex), Jimin’s look of disgust dismissed the absurd idea and a relieved sigh eluded from Hoseok - who loves Jimin in a brotherly way, and nothing more.

 

“Alright, alright,” Hoseok surrendered, “I’m sorry.”

 

“Answer.the.question.” The words escaped through seethed teeth as Jimin stared, waiting for his reply impatiently while Hoseok scratched his chin, mind reeling and processing his thoughts.

 

Silence fell between them for what seemed like an hour.

 

“Well…” Hoseok’s tone was filled with uncertainty, “I’ve never really thought about gender when I fall for someone. I guess if the person I come to like just happens to be a guy…its cool?”

 

The look of contentment as Jimin’s fact lit up like a child whose wishes were granted by Santa rendered the older chuckling. Hoseok rested his chin on his palm as he studied Jimin’s thrilled expression. And oh was Jimin eager to share such valuable information with Kim Taehyung (for a price of course). But he was far from being done. Jimin needed, desired, craved to be free from Taehyung’s constant rambling about how perfect Hoseok is; and he was going to obtain his freedom by hook or by crook.

 

“Hyung,” Jimin’s sneaky smile sent daggers of shivers, “I was thinking. After all these time, I haven’t…properly thanked you for always being there for me.”

 

“O…kay?” Hoseok gulped in fear, as he could practically see the evilness swarm in the younger male’s brown orbs.

 

“I want to treat you to a proper meal, like how a good dongsaeng should, right? How does this coming Saturday sound?”

 

“Jimin, that is completely unnecessary.” The fear in his forced laughter was heavy as the older started praying to the gods above that Jimin wasn’t about to murder him for annoying the younger all the time.

 

“I insist.” Jimin’s smile left no further room for discussion, and Hoseok was thus left with the only option of nodding as he internally cried at the thought of dying at such young age.

 

“Great! So, I was thinking maybe we can meet up at this nearby cafe for coffee first before we decide on dinner? Be there by six and don’t be late!” The younger’s excitement kept him from staying still and he just couldn’t not prance around. He hurriedly made a promise to text Hoseok the exact location later on, before excusing himself and disappeared through the doors; leaving a dumbfounded Hoseok to ponder upon Jimin’s odd behaviour alone.

 

Jimin’s hurried footsteps resonated through the nearly emptied hallway while his fingers skilfully dialled the number he had memorised. And as always, Kim Taehyung picked up after the third ring.

 

“This better be life or death,” Taehyung’s whisper was urgent, “I’ve got Professor Hawkeye watching me 24/7. God why do they always have us find the value of x? I mean isn’t math supposed to be about numbers?”

 

“Tae, listen.” Jimin couldn’t suppress his widening grin, “You better be free this Saturday.”

 

“Why? Transformer’s doesn’t release till next year-oh I am not helping you clean your apartment if that’s what you’re implying.”

 

The black-haired lad chuckled, “No, but you’re going to want to clean my apartment for life once you hear this.”

 

“And what’s that?” Taehyung’s growing confusion was irking and the smugness in Jimin’s tone was definitely not helping to ease any of it.

 

“I just scored you a date with Jung Hoseok.”

 

……….

 

It’s not like he adored frowning and scowling all the time, but Min Yoongi and being forced to attend work just doesn’t blend well together.

 

“A double latte with extra cream,” The mint green-haired lad struggled with the indecent words threatening to spill at the woman who had changed her order for the 7th time, and kept the line of fifteen people waiting. “No wait, should I get the caramel macchiato instead?”

 

“And what exactly,” Yoongi breathed, “is your final order, ma’am?” His smile was frozen as the corners twitched, too forced for anyone sane to realise that he was on the threshold of a mental breakdown. But of course the indecisive lady, Yoongi concluded, was anything but sane.

 

Her sheepish grin sufficed in making him groan softly, “Just another sec.”

 

Yoongi honestly could not, even for his life’s sake, remember just how exactly he ended up stuck at work when it was his supposing ‘long-awaited-I-want-to-sleep-and-do-nothing’ day off. It was all a blurry haze but he vaguely recalled flashes of memories – a violently vibrating phone at dawn, a frantic Kim Seokjin blabbering something about a date and pleading for help, Yoongi groggily crawling out of bed and cursing like a sailor at anything that moves (even himself).

 

That probably explained why he was dressed in his dreaded uniform, standing at the cashier and forced to entertain the crowd of customers – who were mostly, if not all, abnormal. And just as he managed to deal with one annoying lady, his jaw fell upon the sight of the long queue of many others waiting. The urge to chuck his hair then was strong, but Yoongi kept it under control for the sake of Seokjin and his pay check.

 

“Tough day, son?” An elderly man who had a long, brown coat as well as a greyish hat on offered him a warm smile when it was his turn to order; and even kindly motioned for the tired lad to keep the change for his hard work.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi’s curt laugh was polite as he handed the man’s beverage over, “But I’ve seen worse.”

 

The man chuckled, “You know, good things happen to those who smile.” Tucking at the corner of his own lips with both index fingers, he came to form an upwards curve that actually made Yoongi – despite the grouchiness and sleepiness seeping through his bones – return a small but genuine smile.

 

“Now that’s much better. You have a good day.” Leaving Yoongi with an approving tilt of his hat, the elderly man excused himself with his steaming cup of coffee and fresh bagels in hand as he left, all the while softly humming a joyful tune that remained stuck in Yoongi’s mind all day.

 

The simple gesture did, somehow, managed to make his day a lot easier to bear. It was by noon that he finally got to slow down and take a breath after working non-stop for hours: taking care of the cash register, organising the supplies, cleaning the kitchens etc.

 

“I’m clocking out,” A woman slightly older than Yoongi walked over to bid him goodbye, “You’re working the night shift too?”

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi sighed, “Filling in for Seokjin-hyung.”

 

“Well have a good evening then.” She offered a sympathetic smile before leaving, and Yoongi was left to sulk all by himself. There were hardly any customers at such hours and a part of him wanted to give into temptation and simply usher everyone out, so that he could close up earlier than usual.

 

‘05.41pm’ Glancing at the watch strapped around his wrist and realising he had another 3hours and 19minutes left before he could go home, Yoongi settled for grumbling and cursing in silence instead. The only upside was that he had to himself a moment to rest, perhaps sip on a cup of coffee and catch up on the latest news while lounging on the comfortable, unoccupied sofas.

 

The moment did not last; as usual.

 

The front doors flew ajar with such force that it sent mini tremors across the entire café. As the glass panes shook, Yoongi feared that the windows might shatter and the expensive china decorations would fall from the sills, ending up as fragments of broken porcelain instead. And whose wallet would suffer as a consequence? Him.

 

“JIN-HYUNG!” A stranger’s voice louder than thunder boomed through even before Yoongi could get over the initial shock. The inexperienced barista had yet to turn around, but he was absolutely certain that the male whose voice belonged to must have consumed a microphone.

 

“Shut up, Tae.” The second voice that followed after was softer. It vaguely reminded Yoongi of someone he came across, but he couldn’t be absolutely sure because intelligent Min Yoongi secretly has the memory of a goldfish, and thus doesn’t bother filling his brains with information he deemed insignificant. Still, there was something about it that tugged at him.

 

“What? I was just being polite.”

 

“By screaming? You’re embarrassing.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“Excuse me,” Hands massaging his aching temples, Yoongi finally whirled around towards the source of the noise with a glare that could pierce through concrete, “but could you both keep it down and try not to crash the whole café?”

 

It took seconds for the barista to register the two young males standing awkwardly before him like thieves caught red-handed. One of them had brownish hair and a wide, sheepish grin on while the other was slightly shorter with black hair, a pair of hazel eyes that seemed oh so familiar. Unlike the embarrassed male, the latter was frozen still as a look of pure, utter shock washed over his dainty features.

 

“S-sorry about that,” Taehyung’s cheek flushed, “We’ll…pipe down.”

 

“Thank you.” With a nod, Yoongi’s frown quickly relaxed and Taehyung took it as an approval to approach him. “Where’s Jin-hyung?” He questioned, not realising that his companion, Jimin, was still rooted at the exact spot with his mouth hanging.

 

Yoongi was too worn out to settle for anything other than a drawl, “You mean Seokjin-hyung?” He continued once Taehyung gave him an agreeing nod, “Something important came up so I’m here inste-is your friend over there alright?”

 

“Jimin?” Taehyung turned slightly to find his best friend as still as a statue, “You alright?”

 

Jimin.

 

Yoongi tasted the name on his tongue as his mind came to rotate, and just before he could explain the familiarity in it said male by the name of ‘Jimin’ spoke.

 

“…pizza guy.” Jimin’s whisper was barely audible, but it was loud enough for Yoongi to hear and instantly an imaginary switch clicked, replaying the memory of an embarrassed, flustered young male some night ago.

 

“Ah, Jiboo-” Yoongi pointed at the blushing lad, words coming to a halt upon the look of terror of Jimin’s, “I meant Jimin.”

 

A clueless Taehyung walked over to his side and motioned, “You know this guy?”

 

Jimin’s glare and slight (hard) nudge to the ribs left his best friend wheezing, “Sort of, thanks to you.”

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t tell anyone.” Yoongi chuckled, hands raised as he defended himself from Jimin’s wary gaze.

 

“…Thank you.” Yoongi could practically feel the relief from Jimin’s sigh and watched with amusement as a smile replaced the frown on the younger male’s face.

 

“I don’t get it but great now we all know each other,” Taehyung’s gummy grin widened, “So that’s Jimin. I’m Taehyung. And you are?”

 

“Yoongi. Are you both going to order something to drink or what?”

 

“Yes please!” Taehyung bounced over and planted himself comfortably on the stool, while Jimin followed suit a little hesitantly. “One Americano for Jiminnie here and I’ll take a hot chocolate with extra sugar.”

Yoongi eyed him, “You sure you don’t want to lose the sugar? You seem a little high already.”

 

“I’m just really, really happy.” Said male flopped onto the counter with heart-shaped eyes, and Jimin couldn’t help but scoff. Yoongi wasn’t planning on probing further for an explanation, but Taehyung forced one on him anyways. “You see,” the grinning lad practically screamed with joy, “I’m meeting my crush later.”

 

“Oh.” As uninterested as he was, Yoongi was decent enough to offer a response, “Is that so?”

 

“Yeah, I mean like wow-I can’t believe this is happening! Do I look fine?” Jimin slapped him on the back for asking the same question the nth time since they left his apartment, “Is my hair alright? I should have worn my other coat instead. God, do I have time to go bac-”

 

“Tae,” Jimin pinched the bridge of his nose, “For the last time, you.look.fine.”

 

“Sorry,” His best friend breathed before chuckling, legs shaking with a mixture of excitement and anxiety, “I’m just…really nervous. First dates are kinda important and well…I’m not that good dealing with important things, you know?”

 

“You’ll be alright as long as you don't panic.” The barista piped in with their drinks in hand, serving the duo who each gratefully offered a quick ‘thanks’ upon receiving them. Taehyung immediately took a big sip of his hot chocolate; as if to wash his fear down and calm his nerves before Hoseok arrives with the sweetness. Jimin, on the other hand, took small sips of his Americano and quietly studied the barista/pizza deliverer before him, wondering just how does one manage two jobs that require complete different skills that well.

 

“Your face is so obvious.” Yoongi couldn’t help but laughed at Jimin’s odd expression, causing the latter to fumble with his words.

 

“W-what?”

 

“You’re probably thinking wow this dude’s coffee is pretty decent for a pizza guy how does he do it, right?” Jimin doesn’t reply, but the tinge of red on his cheeks, marking his embarrassment as he lowered his gaze was an obvious answer.

 

“You’re a pizza deliver too?” Taehyung breathed in amazement, “Cool…We should all hang out together someday.”

 

“Thanks but I don’t think I can handle another loud person,” Said Yoongi in a teasing tone, “I’ve got one in my life and that’s already too many.” The barista's words made Jimin give him an imaginary high-five. Finally someone shared the same struggles as him.

 

“Aww come on,” Taehyung’s pout was adorable enough to melt Yoongi’s heart a little. “Please?”

 

Despite the annoyance felt, Yoongi eyed him and sighed before giving in, “Fine. I guess-”

 

The rest of his sentence was abruptly cut off as the front doors flew ajar once more, sending the entire café shaking as if they were experiencing yet another earthquake. Except this time the force sent the stacks of books Yoongi had spent all afternoon tidying falling from their neat positions onto the floor. Even the few remaining customers were startled, but had somewhat grown accustomed to it considering how this was the second time someone decided to make a grand entrance.

 

Not again,’ Yoongi cursed under his breath and shifted his gaze from a surprised Taehyung’s face towards the cause of the commotion only to freeze, breath hitched as his pupils dilated.

 

“SORRY I’M LATE JIMIN GUESS WHO I RAN IN…”

 

Min Yoongi stared.

 

Jung Hoseok stared back.

 

“…to.” The last syllable slipped as he blinked, “Yoongi?”

 

Jimin was certain he heard a certain indecent word which started with the letter ‘f’ escape Yoongi’s lips softly, and the green-haired male had a look of utter desperation to flee for his life like a prey being hunted.

 

Oh boy…’ Yoongi prayed to any god willing to hear his pleas; but none did.

 

“YOONGI-BEAR!!!” Hoseok ran forward and would definitely have crashed into the counters had he not stop in time, completely unaware of a bewildered Jimin who was darting his gaze back and forth between him and Yoongi; as well as a Taehyung who had a slight frown and pout on for being neglected.

 

“So this is where you’re working at,” Hoseok’s laugh was warm as he perched over the counters, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I could’ve visited you every day!”

 

“Which is exactly why I didn’t tell you.” Yoongi sighed, feeling a massive headache coming his way.

 

The word ‘confuse’ would not suffice in explaining both Jimin and Taehyung’s state as they eyed one another, uncertain as to whether they should interrupt or not. The flashes of sadness and disappointment in Taehyung’s eyes were brief, and Jimin would've missed them if it weren’t because he understood Taehyung best. Giving him a reassuring nod, Jimin’s smile did make the dejected male a little more confident.

 

“Hyung,” Jimin tapped Hoseok lightly as he cleared his throat, grinning and motioning towards Taehyung by his side - who had gotten over the jealousy of not being noticed and had a shy smile plastered on. “I hope you don’t mind me bringing Taehyung along. I just couldn’t err-leave him all alone on a Saturday night.”

 

“Of course not, the more the merrier!” Hoseok returned Taehyung’s smile with a dazzling one that rendered the latter’s heart performing a summersault. “In fact I brought someone along too.”

 

“You what?” Jimin tilted his head in confusion. But before his question could be answered, the bells jingled, signalling the arrival of yet another while the doors were gently opened (thankfully).

 

“Really, Hoseok-hyung? You just leave and run off by yourself?” A tall, lean male dressed in a faded grey hoody, a pair of black sneakers and ripped jeans (which Jimin thought the simple look suited him well) eventually made his way in. But what caught Jimin’s attention first was not his appearance, but rather the pair of alluring, dark eyes of his that seemed familiar.

 

And Jimin somehow recalls staring into them before.

 

“You.” Jimin’s voice was shaky, gaining the stranger’s attention as he averted his gaze from a sheepish Hoseok towards Jimin. The stranger's face was contorted with surprise and perplexity, but it was soon replaced with his lips gradually curving upwards instead as the seconds passed.

 

Jungkook’s smile, Jimin thought, was just as he remembered. And never in a million years did he think he would ever see it again.

 


 

Notes:

FINALLY DONE WITH PART 4!~ I'm starting to like Got7 these days hence the minor appearance. (pretty sure you can guess who my biases are ;)) Thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes^^

P.S : BTS Bon Voyage gave me so much feels I can't even. <3