[ PART 10 ]

Fall In Love? I think not.

As the skies darkened, clouds of grey casted a silhouette over the streets of Seoul. A tall, lean male scrambled through the main entrance just as it began pouring, droplets of rain leaving wet puddles on the tiled floors.

 

Taehyung was bent double, wheezing before a cheeky grin broke upon his face. Reaching into his damp coat, he took a little brown paper bag out – which survived the horrendous journey – and waved it in the air victoriously. “Safe and sound.”

 

As usual, he and Jimin had visited the café where Jin worked tirelessly for their daily dose of caffeine, as well as taking the opportunity to fill the barista in on recent events – aka Taehyung and Hoseok’s confrontation.

 

With the love struck lad’s unnecessary exaggeration and Jimin’s constant need to correct him, the duo had bickered all morning while Jin tried to catch every tiny detail. Though Jimin couldn’t stop casting looks of faked disgust, deep down, he was beyond glad to see Taehyung happy once more. Between sulky and loud Taehyung, he preferred the latter.

 

Jimin figured he could handle Taehyung’s sappy, annoying self if it meant Taehyung keeping his happiness – because really, that meant the world to Jimin.

 

“We’re still in the process of getting to know each other better now,” Taehyung – with his chest puffed – took a sip of his cocoa before continuing, “but I’m sure Hoseokie-hyung will fall for me soon. I mean, who can resist my charm and good looks?”

 

Jimin merely rolled his eyes for the 7th time that morning while Jin muffled his chuckle.

 

Eventually, Jimin had to leave before he smacked Taehyung on the back of his head. Gulping down his warm coffee and leaving a tip, he got up and made his way out with the excuse of wanting to get some solo practice done, ignoring his best friend’s whine of protest.

 

Taehyung, with the absence of morning classes for the day, spent a fair amount of time catching up with the older barista. Seokjin was pleased with how things between Taehyung and Hoseok progressed as the younger confessed they were now regularly texting, even making an effort to hang out more often, practicing basic dance rmoves together – more like Taehyung fumbling around and Hoseok attempting to conceal his laughter but who’s keeping count?

 

Seokjin himself had recounted a funny date with Namjoon the other day, where his boyfriend had showed up with a bouquet of squished roses – fruits of tripping and landing on the poor flowers. When the first droplet of rain hit the pavement, Taehyung decided it was time to bid the barista farewell. Just before he left, Jin hastily handed him a bag of freshly baked pumpkin muffins as a treat; in addition to a smile and ruffle on the head.

 

Taehyung slowly made his way to the lockers in hopes for a clean towel stashed somewhere beneath the junk he kept, manoeuvring through a crowd of zombie-looking students crawling their way to classes - the after effects of a weekend’s partying apparent – before coming to a halt.

 

From a group of loud males, Taehyung spotted a familiar face and almost instantly, his eyes glimmered with glee as he gave a wave; barely able to contain the evident excitement. Hoseok trotted over. And though it was a gloomy day out, his grin was one that could rival against the brightest rays of morning sun.

 

Even Taehyung found himself smiling a little wider.

 

“Hey,” Hoseok said, “Whatcha’ up to?”

 

“Nothing much. Just heading to the library to try and get a bit of work done,” Willing himself to stop grinning, the younger male settled for a friendly smile instead. They were supposed to be friends after all. “My professor’s not too happy about my report being two weeks due. How bout’ you, hyung?”

 

“I was gonna go catch up on dance practice before my semester assessment. But all the rooms were occupied,” Hoseok had a pout on (which was beyond adorable but Taehyung resisted the urge to coo), “Saw Jiminnie in one of them too but he refused to share. Guess I’ll just hang out with my friends over there for a bit.”

 

Taehyung nodded, “That .”

 

“Actually…I could,” Hoseok’s throat tightened before faking a nonchalant cough, “Come with you to the library? I promise I won’t disturb you,” He grinned sheepishly, “Just to keep you company.”

 

“Really?” Taehyung was taken aback, though a small, shy smile made its way across his lips. “Darn, my day’s just getting better and better.” He had meant for it to be a whisper, but somehow Hoseok caught every word crystal clear and he burst out laughing at the blush tainting Taehyung’s cheeks.

 

The older took the books Taehyung had in hand over, “Come on,” he said, “Let’s get going. I hope you’ve got food in that bag coz’ I’m starving.”

 

Taehyung was certain he resembled an obedient puppy trotting along Hoseok’s side at the moment. But he just couldn’t bring himself to be bothered; not with a pounding heart against his ribcage.

 

In fact, Taehyung was in such a good mood that he practically glided through air, even greeting his most detested enemy with a wide, polite bow and smile – completely oblivious towards Professor Choi’s puzzled look.

 

……….

 

Jimin was exhausted.

 

Nearly three hours of continuous practice later, he could barely feel his limbs; let alone go through his routine once more. There were short gasps and pants heard while he struggled to stand, shakily walking over to turn the stereo off after tripping twice.

 

He laid sprawled across the wooden floor after, contemplating on an additional hour of practice before deciding otherwise. It would put too much of a strain on his body and if he injured himself, Hoseok would personally execute him. The older dancer was constantly lecturing him about the repercussions of overexertion even though Hoseok pushed himself to the limits as well.

 

Jimin just couldn’t help it.

 

Dancing was his way of expressing his emotions. It was what kept him going, what helped him release pent up frustration, what made him feel most alive.

 

Dancing was Jimin’s life.

 

From the moment he stepped into his first contemporary dance class at the age of fifteen, he knew. Jimin knew he had found his passion; his dream.

 

Though he was no genius, hard work and perseverance led him to where he is today. And despite having venture into different types of dances, Jimin never did get over his exceptional love for contemporary. In fact, if one paid close attention, they could easily spot the fluidity and emotions – all thanks to years of contemporary training - Jimin subtly embedded in all his dances.

 

Filled with fatigue and satisfaction, Jimin closed his eyes for a quick nap. It was some time after noon, he supposed, but couldn’t be sure with the absence of his watch and his phone being out of arm’s reach. Logically speaking, lying motionless on the ground would be alarming to passersby but he was much too comfortable to move.

 

“Please tell me you’re not dead.” said a soft voice.

 

Groaning, Jimin turned towards his left and found a watchful Jungkook leaning against the door frame. He had his phone clutched in one hand, ready to call an ambulance if he hadn’t respond.

 

“Jimin?” Confusion was evident on Jungkook’s face upon realising who it was, “What’re you doing on the floor?”

 

“M’ too tired to move.” He rolled over onto his side lazily, before offering a small smile. “What brings you here?”

 

“I just thought I should practice for a bit on my own. Sorry, didn’t know the room’s occupied.” Jungkook lowered his bag with a thud, before walking over to where Jimin laid and handed him a bottle of water, earning a soft mutter of gratitude in return.

 

The younger had, after Hoseok’s excessive badgering (threatening), eventually joined the dance club. And after just two meetings, it was evident that Jungkook was a natural dancer. Unlike Taehyung, his movements were sharp, yet still flowed easily despite being less flexible than Jimin. His quick learning was beyond amazing. Even Hoseok could not help but shower the youngest with praises and declined kisses.

 

Jimin teased, “So I see Hoseok-hyung got you hooked on dance after all.”

 

“Dancing’s pretty fun,” Jungkook wrinkled his nose, “But I don’t think I’m as passionate about it as you and Hoseok-hyung yet. Still, if I decide to do something, I want to do my absolute best. I figured I should work on my basics if I want to get better at this.” The younger male sat down, stretched his legs and had his shoulders peeled back while Jimin surveyed him in awe.

 

It wasn’t often Jimin came across someone whose eyes radiated genuine sincerity.

 

“I’d offer to help but my limbs are currently in a jelly state,” Jimin sighed, wincing as he attempted to sit up before flopping down again.

 

“It’s alright, hyung.” Jungkook chuckled, “You do look like now.”

 

“Why thank you. I was going for a wild and dishevelled look. But I guess ty works well too.”

 

The younger’s toothy grin was on display, bearing complete resemblance to a rabbit as he retorted, “I didn’t say it was a bad look.”

 

“Oh, shut up.” Jimin playfully nudged him on the calf, before shooting him a glare which was hardly threatening, “Help me get up you muscle pig.” He tried not to dwell upon the fact that Jungkook picked him up effortlessly, as if Jimin weighed no more than a loaf of bread; and the fact that they were standing only inches apart.

 

Jimin looked up to find Jungkook staring intently at his face, brows furrowed in concentration that had him squirming slightly.

 

“Er-” He stuttered, “There something on my face?”

 

The younger gradually inched closer, and closer, till their noses nearly brushed against each other’s. Jimin may or may not have forgotten how to breathe.

 

Jungkook had a little scar of his left cheek and smile lines surrounding both eyes, Jimin noticed.

 

(Yep, Jimin most definitely stopped breathing.)

 

There was a silent pause. “You-” Finally, Jungkook cocked his head and grinned, “-really look like a rice cake. You have chubby cheeks that remind me of a mochi. I think I’ll call you mochi-hyung from now on.”

 

His laughter was young, warm, with both eyes crinkling at the sight of a fuming Park Jimin.

 

Perhaps Jimin was trapped in the stuffy practice room far too long that the heat got to him, because he had a weird sense of warmth pooling in his tummy. He brushed the feeling off and his heels, with his head held high and ignored the insincere apologetic look Jungkook had on – who was still drowning in muffled laughter.

 

“I refuse to speak to you any longer, Jeon Jungkook-shi.” Jimin huffed, taking wobbly strides towards the exit with his bag dragging behind him across the wooden floor. “Good day.”

 

“See you this Saturday, mochi-hyung!” He heard Jungkook shout, reminding him of their agreed plan on getting jjajang-myeon together.

 

There was that same, peculiar feeling as Jimin trudged down the hallway. But he paid no heed. Jimin merely suspected he was coming down with a flu.

 

……….

 

Seokjin stood alone under the shelter of a bus stand, humming a soft tune with the pitter-patter of rain as accompaniment while he waited. Glancing around, the barista searched for his lover; half expecting Namjoon to appear running around the corner. Namjoon was never one to be late; perhaps he was caught in traffic or-

 

A pair of arms wrapped around Jin’s waist, jolting him from his train of thought. It took him a moment to recognize its owner, before his stance visibly melted and settled comfortably against the familiar warmth.

 

“You’re late.” Jin bit without malice, a fond smile emerging as Namjoon rested a chin on his shoulder, clinging onto him like an oversized koala. “Rough day at work?”

 

“Mmhmm. Swas’ horrible.” Said Namjoon, “But I’m better now that you’re here.”

 

“Well aren’t you being even sweeter than usual, Namjoon-shi.”

 

“Can’t help it,” The hold Namjoon had around him tightened, as if he craved Jin’s presence like a drowning man sought for air. “I miss you.” It was a rare sight indeed – given how Namjoon wasn’t very affectionate in public.

 

“Missed you too,” Jin manoeuvred around to face his boyfriend, cupping Namjoon’s face with a concerned frown etched, “You look tired. You know what, forget bout’ the movies. Let’s go home and I’ll prepare us a nice meal. We’ll cuddle on the couch and watch some illogical drama instead. How does that sound?”

 

Namjoon sighed in content, “Sounds like the perfect date to me.”

 

As they walked hand in hand towards Seokjin’s apartment – Namjoon awkwardly refusing they go to his – the older couldn’t help but worry over Namjoon’s quiet demeanour. There were visible, sunken bags beneath his eyes, in addition to a few stubbles on his chin as well – a contrast to his usually well-kept appearance. What alarmed Jin the most, however, was the way Namjoon seemed to stare ahead with a defeated gaze.

 

“Joon-ah,” Jin laced their fingers together, thumb running soothing circles over Namjoon’s hand, “Are you…alright?”

 

The sudden question startled him. But Namjoon merely shrugged with an apologetic smile, “I am. It’s just…I’ve been thinking about things.”

 

“I’m all ears. Fire away.”

 

Namjoon turned towards him slightly, an unreadable expression plastered on. “It’s nothing. Don’t worry.” He smiled a little wider, albeit it clearly forced. “I’m more concerned about destroying your kitchen instead. Are you sure you want my help?”

 

“Nonsense,” Jin chuckled, “You’re in good hands.”

 

It was only when Jin’s apartment came to sight that the older softly added, “You know you can tell me anything, right? I’m here - always.”

 

There was a storm going on inside Namjoon’s head as he replayed Jin’s words over and over again. Jin could only imagine the inner turmoil he faced by the way his face scrunched up - as Namjoon chose to keep his mouth sealed.

 

“I know.” He nodded after a deafening pause, “I know.”

 

Jin gave him an encouraging, loving smile.

 

But Namjoon only looked furious with himself.

 

 

Notes:

It's so good to be able to write again! >< Uni is such a torture I swear my work never decreases at all T.T
Hope you enjoy reading and thank you to those who are still bearing with my writing <3

P.S : So proud of our boys attending BBMAS!!!