PROMPTS

We've Got the POWER! A Writing Contest [CLOSED]

Prompts are not required, but are encouraged! 

(These prompts messed up, so are under construction, but I will try to have them back up soon. I'm sorry if they are not in the same order, so if current entries can remember which ones they used, it would be great!)

 

1. Do you think you are alive because you can fight? 

You are alive because of what I did to save you. 

 

2. You blew up half the city! 

I regret nothing. 

 

3. 

4.

5.

6. At birth, everyone has the date they will die written on their arm. You were supposed to die yesterday. 

7. I believe if you find yourself stuck in darkness, the first thing to do is to find and start capturing the light. 

8. 

9. Learn to overrule minor interests in favor of great ones, and generously to do all the good the heart prompts; a man is never injured by acting virtuously. 

10. No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. 

11.

12.

13.

14. Just because you find that life's not fair, it doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it. If you always take it on the chin and wear it, you might as well be saying you think that's it's okay and that's not right.  

15. The one thing you can't take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. 

16.

17.

18. True friendship isn't about being there when it's convenient. It's about being there when it's not. 

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.

26

27.

28.

29. I see humans, but no humanity. 

30. People desire power. I don't know why they want it so. It seems to me it applies a hugely superior intellect which separates them from most of the populous.