WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

We've Got the POWER! A Writing Contest [CLOSED]

I want to begin by telling you how much I loved all of these stories and holding this contest, making it difficult to choose a winner. I love stories about powers, and all of you did a great job with that and gave me amazing stories with amazing powers to read about! I also want to thank you for sticking in there with me and I appreciate so many completely stories. They were all so good! However, I did have to pick a winner, and here are the results, beginning with fifth place! 

 

5th Place 

Anti-Hero

Title: 20/20
This title was very creative and fit the story well.

Plot and Flow: 18/20
The plot was nice and clear, but it felt rushed and a bit jumbled, at times. Otherwise, it was very creative enjoyable.

Grammar: 19/20
There were a few mistake and typos, but otherwise good.

Character Development: 16/20
The characters could have been more well-rounded, and I would have liked to know more about who they were and what made them feel the way they did.

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20
I enjoyed reading this story, and I liked the characters a lot. I would have liked to get to know them better and also know what happened AFTER everything, and it would be nice to know how close they were later on. All in all, good job!

 

4th Place

step by step 

Title: 18/20
The title was very catchy and fit the story well. However, it's not capitalized, so that takes off points.

Plot/Flow: 19/20
The plot is nice and clean, for the most part, but there are places that it's rushed. Ohterwise, it was well thought out and a very unique take on powers. I loved the concept of it very much!

Grammar/Spelling: 18/20
The grammar and spellling were great throught the story. The only place I saw a hole was in the title, so it took off points.

Character Development: 19/20
The characters were nice and well-rounded, but they did leave me wanting to know more about them.

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20
The very unique use of powers and the explaination of them through the description was amaying. It was a very nice read, and the ending left me with a warm feeling inside. Well done!

 

3rd Place

Ticket to Paradise

Title: 20/20
The title didn't leave me with any questions as to why it was chosen. It fit well.

Plot/Flow: 19/20
The plot was very streamlined, at first, but did seem to get a bit unclear, at times. At the end, it did leave me wanting to run to the sequel, though! 

Grammar/Spelling: 18/20
The grammar was good, but there were quite a few places with missing punctuation and and a few typos.

Character Development: 19/20
The characters were great and I loved the way they were written and the emotion put into them. While I got to know some of the characters well, there were others that left me wondering who they were, in the end. Maybe I will find out in the sequel, when I read it;).

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20
I enjoyed this story very much, and the world you have created within it was incredible and very unique! I can't wait to read more of this world and their quest in the story. Nicely done!

 

Death and Destined Death

Title: 20/20
The title clearly describes what the story is about, and I liked it a lot.

Plot: 20/20
The plot was clean and clear throughout the story, and wasn't rushed. The reason behind the power and the way it changed because of someone's actions was fantastic.

Grammar/Spelling: 18/20
The grammar and spelling was nice, but there were places that it could have been better.

Character Development: 19/20
The characters were very nice and well-rounded, but could have used a little more depth to them.

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20
I enjoyed reading this a lot. I felt bad for the characters and felt their pain, right along with them. It was a great read! Fantastic job!

 

1st Place

What Divides Us

Title: 20/20
The title was very clear and described what the story would be about. It was very creative.

Plot/Flow: 20/20
The plot was very clean and stuck to the point nicely, without rushing through or going off course.

Grammar: 18/20
The grammar was very good, but there were several typos throughout the story.

Character Development: 20/20
The characters were well-rounded and easy to relate to and fall in love with. I could sense their emotions through them, so great job with that.

Overall Enjoyment: 20/20
This story took me on an emotional rollercoaster, and I could relate to them well. It showed hope in a way I haven't seen very often. Also, the explaination about the powers and the origin of them was wonderful, even though it came at a cost. Well done!

 

Thank you all again, and I will be giving out prizes soon!