Words of the Heart

Reaching Out to You

Amber POV

Awaken due to the sunlight beaming through the window, slowly opening her eyes, Amber whispered quietly to herself , "Ah..., it's that dreadful day again. The day the whole Exo will become dead silent unlike their usual dorky selfs". In fact, it is not just Exo, but, she, herself will be also be locking herself out from the world since it was the anniversary of exo breaking apart.

Today is the day Kris told the members that he could not hold it anymore. The day Kris left without saying goodbye to her or everyone. It was never easy enough for everyone to overcome what Kris has done, followed by Luhan and Tao. The remaining exo members relied on her positivity when they were going through such hard times. She has always been close to the Exo members and was their dork leader whenever they hang out. Even Luhan and Tao kind of hinted her before they decided to leave the company. But, Kris, he..., he just disappeared. He cut off all contacts. He deleted his KaoKao Talk, his number and everything. She knew he had his reasons to do so but, but, leaving without saying a word? She thought she was one of his best friends. At least she believed she was and that he was hers, one of her best friends that she could rely on. It was the day she lost her best friend. 


Kris POV

It is only 4 in the morning and Kris is already awake even though he took the sleeping pills last night in order to fall asleep because he knew, he knew that today was the anniversary day that he made all the biggest mistakes and the most regretful decisions he could have done in a lifetime. He knows that he made those who love him unconditionally shed tears. He made his fans devastated, he made his beloved members devastated, he made them fell into their knees and begged him to think about his decision again. And, nevertheless, he left. He left without saying goodbye nor sorry.

Everyone must have hated him now. The friends he made after training together for years and suffered together, he knows that they must have hated him back then and must still hate him. He was too apologetic back then,and could not dare them to apologise nor say farewell because he knows he doesn’t deserve their kindness and forgiveness. He was tired and hurt, both physically and mentally. He was on the verge of breaking down. At that time, running away and leaving everything behind was his only solution to his survival. He repeats to himself that he should not have run away, and that if, if he was a bit braver and opened up to someone, then, he did not have to leave everyone that he loves. Open up to someone? He definitely should have done that. There was this particular someone who asked him if he was okay months before he finally decided to leave the company. The then-best friend none other than Amber Josephine.

It has been quite awhile since Kris had thought about Amber. Actually, he has been avoiding himself from thinking about anything related to her. Whenever small things would remind him of Amber, he would distract himself to read new scripts or he would just scan over countless CF proposals. That was how he survived this past year without Amber.

If he thinks about himself two, three or even four years ago, he would have never imagined his days without Amber Liu. She was his best friend. The only girl he had opened up, even more so than his fellow Exo members. In fact, she was the closest friend in SM, or in any other countries and the closest to his heart. Yes, he was in love with Amber and he still is. That is what makes him most regretful of his choice to leave SM. He never thought he would lose her. Actually, he was confident of making her come to him. But, the guilt and coward took over him and eventually, he was bit by bit drifting away from her.

She has always been the one who knew he was having a hard time without even asking. She was the one who would always asked him the right questions and told him the right words in the right time. She was always the one who reached out to him first and earned the place in his heart. Now, the woman whom he wished was the closest to him is the furthest away from him and he still do not have enough courage to reach out to her. Kris look at the Shanghai sky from his balcony and ask, “Amber, would you please, for once and for all, reach out to me again as I, Wu Yi Fan, the coward, is still afraid of taking chances?”