How Can I Love You

Always You

Words I prepared for you. I can say them with confidence. Even though you stopped in fear. I love you.

2016 was a hectic year for the Song Songs. The shooting of Descendants of the Sun went well without any hiccups for 9 months in 2015. Joong Ki got himself injured at the end of it, but it was just like any normal shooting experience for an actor. But they were able to enjoy themselves as couples and as well as with other colleagues. Most people received the drama casting well and there was already a huge following by the time they had their first press conference. They agreed to maintain a professional working manner while not worry about rumours or negative comments. While the ratings were climbing up the charts they had a second press conference with two main leads. Joong Ki had won the Instyle Icon for 2016 the night before. His popularity was no joke on top of his chemistry with Hye Kyo thay had everyone's attention glued on each move they make. Luckily Hye Kyo is a private person to begin with, and Joong Ki had no public social media accounts. 

Each interviews they had was very focused on the chemistry onscreen. Same questions, same replies would be given. Hye kyo knew that it was Joong Ki's time to shine in 2016 to build his career. She is already secured as a veteran actress of 20 years and as a woman in her 30s she is definitely not a pushover or has any intention of being a clinging girlfriend. She has reassured Joong Ki that over the many times they were hanging out on film sets in 2015. Joong Ki sends her flowers or selcas every other day, and surrounds himself with Hye kyo's stylists. This way he could be near to her even though he's busy with countless CFs and fan meetings. 

Come June, Joong Ki and Hye KYo walked the Baeksang's awards red carpet and they looked like a giddy nervous couple on their wedding day. Hye Kyo was nervous as hell. Her celeb exes Hyun Bin and Lee Byung Hun attended too and Joong Ki made sure to make her feel like the most important person that night. Holding her hands constantly and making sure she felt comfortable. She truly had fun that night that she totally forgot about her nervousness. At this point she thought to herself, "As long as I'm always with him, past is past"  that night Ah In, Joong ki and Hye kyo hung out for drinks and supper post award shows and it was caught on Dispatch news. They are already known as good friends and Joong Ki has a stand to keep matters of the heart private but he doesn't hide it. The only thing that mattered to him was how Hye Kyo feels around him. He was an addition to the mutual circle of friends and he has no intention to break that trust in order to gain Hye Kyo's trust in him slowly. He has not express a lot to Hye Kyo in words but all mostly through his actions. 

In the meantime, Joongki needed more control of his career expansion. His label company, Blossoms Ent was not slow to understand his magmatic popularity, they were getting more CF contracts and they were happy cashing in since Joong Ki signed on to them while doing his Military Service. He didn't expressed his dissatisfaction regarding the way they handle his job offers but fans and netizens were getting angry. 10-15 cfs and campaigns from sports wear to cosmetics to beer to pizza  in a month on top of fan meetings, press conference, and appearances as the new face of korean tourism and  his upcoming movie Battleship was making him busier than the prime minister of Korea. He was not an idiot, he felt he just shouldn't voice out anything negative as long as he was free to work with Hye Kyo's group of staff as an excuse that he could also meet up with her without any excuses. And to leave Blossoms would seem ungrateful in the eyes of public. One way out is to get busy with work. The more money he makes for them means more money he makes for himself and he could decide his next career move in last quarter of 2016. The only thing he demanded of Blossoms was to protect Hye Kyo from getting hurt from rumours. He had built a good enough reputation from before with a good friends in the industry and he did not mind nasty words hurled at him for being money minded etc but the comments shouldn't be on Hye Kyo.  That was his priority. 

Amidst some cross road decisions he has to make, he managed to pull strings for Hye Kyo to join him at his fan meeting. He wanted to make her importance felt among his fans and Chengdu was a perfect location as Hye Kyo was a panda ambassador there before and he has seen enough i love Kikyo and ki❤️Kyo banners throughout his fan meets. Perfect alibi? Yes it was a smart move. Fans loved her as predicted by Joong Ki. He hesitated a thousand times before inviting her and he knew it was perfect timing as he plans to be direct with future marriage plans when people eventually caught on the "dating photos". Joong ki was in it 100% and already made plans for her to meet his parents before Battleship. 

There were alot of fears. It wasn't simple. But Hye Kyo and Joong Ki was understanding of each others' feelings. Communication was key and Joong Ki wanted to be clear. Hye Kyo is also a smart woman. As industry A listers, they are both professional and well connected. As a couple, they are just like any other couple but more cautious of things they say, or how it will affect each other. When jokes don't work they depend on each other by sending ig post messages and having silly banters. He even has a nickname for her "Big Baby" when they are alone together. It's good for the world to know that they are best friends. 

They love it when global fans supported them in terms of tribute donation. And even shared the same posting the same day. Hye kyo's public ig has 18 mentions or photos of Joong ki more than her dogs. Fans would make that comparison and They would laugh about it over wine and snacks..... They sneak in dates when in big group meet up or Hye Kyo's stylist's birthday parties or just at random places like LA, Jeju island, Thailand or New York. 

It was time for Joong Ki to start his next filming for the next few months. So after his Taiwan fan meeting, he flew out to LA for a photoshoot and treated his while team at it. He took 2 nights to be in New York to be with Hye Kyo before flying back for his shooting. 

Come 2nd July, Blossoms denied Joong Ki's dating rumours and UAA came out with a statement to provide alibi for Joong Ki during the night of Baeksang regarding a supposedly connection with a ex colleague charged for ion. It created a crazy war on the net, but Song Song couple were unfazed and just enjoyed their private time together. 

They even made time to meet up with writer KES and spoke about more plans to work together in the future. They were also planning for an interview for directors' cut for Dots, plus both of them signed up for "creative korea" campaign featuring seoul and korea tourism. 

For now, as the storm calms down, and more people are having less expectations, these two are laying low while enjoying what they do best. Working and having dates in between without the pressure. It was a not a whirlwind romance for the love birds. They did not need to shout and express to the world they are in love. It is a pretty obvious thing to people who believed in them. That's what they needed.