First meeting (My POV)

Loving her

I we running late! I grabbed my coat and my car keys and ran out of my apartment as fast as I could. 

I drove past my calm and quiet neighbourhood and entered the busy city. I the radio and heard a song which I hadn't heard before. I couldn't quite get the lyrics since my korean tongue was very much lacking. I only got hold of wettoriya....wettoriya.....daridiri daraddu.....It was a very fresh song.  I hadn't heard anything like that before during my short stay here in South Korea. It's bearly been 7 months since I moved here to pursue my career at Samsung.

This was not my first time working with a korean celebrity but I still get goosebumps. Although I wasn't much interested about kpop when I was in States watching kdramas had been my habit thanks to my mum. 

I remembered my first job as a Concept Designer Assistant at Samsung with Super Junior! Everyone was super hyped at office except me since I didn't know much about them. Although I didn't know the language at that time I was able to make them understand the concept we wanted with the help of my manager for the Ad we were to shoot. It was a lot of fun. And I got a free signed album of Super Junior! 

But today I felt a little bit weird. They said it's going to be a rock band and I didn't know whether my concept for the ad will be okay with their image. Speaking of which I had never seen a korean band at all and rock was not quite my style! I had this cute guy concept in my head and I was beginning to sweat all over.

I reached the elevator door as it was about to close and took a deep breath. I'm going to be okay. Let's give it the best shot.

As I walked into our meeting room I could see four tall skinny guys dressed in casual clothing sitting with their heads down in the passageway. One if them lifted their head and met with my eyes as I was passing them. His eyes pierced into me and it felt like he drew all my energy away from me. Just get your self together! You need to focus.

I met their manger who seem to be a very friendly guy and he introduced CNBLUE to everyone at Samsung. They were very different and seemed like I won't be able to get close to them at all. 

The leader, the guy who looked at me with piercing eyes at the passageway explained their image, styles and the songs they compose to my manager. I was able to catch some things about rock and pop and cold vibe and so on but wasn't able to get a clear picture of what hw was saying. My manager then translated what he said to me in English. The guy was looking at me like as I was some kind of joke for not being able to understand my mother tongue. I just ignored him. 

Then came the time where I had to explain our concept of cute guy image concept  to them and I could sense their dissapointment. We wanted to introduce this cute pocket phone for teenagers and thought to create a fantasy drama like Ad so they would fall for it. But everything seemed impossible with these guys..................

The leader whose name was Yong hwa as I was told suddenly approached me and my manager. I didn't know what to do at the moment and I put my best fake smile and greeted him. This time I could understand what he said cause it was already on his face. He said this concept would not go with their band image, and would be very unrealistic and not be successful. He used certain english words and emphasised them while looking at me. I knew this guy meant business in every word he spoke.

I came back home a little late that day as we were trying to figure out how to meet both our terms. The cute guy concept and rock image of CNBLUE. Just then I heard the same song I heard on the radio in the morning on the TV. It was them, CNBLUE!!! I was dumb founded. Then everything what Yong hwa said was crystal clear to me! The cold and sad vibe and the rock sound......Just then I got an idea and ran to my desk to put it on paper.

Next morning I was early to office and went straight in to my manager's cabin. We needed to call a meeting with CNBLUE immediately!