0.1

Cult

Chapter 0.1

Rooms 

Once again I opened my eyes to be visited by an unfamiliar room. That is the sight that greets me almost every single morning, so now I am used to it, I don't even feel fearful anymore. I will do the same thing I always do, get up, walk out, and head to my house. It's not like I ever end up locked in these unfamiliar houses. My dark brown eyes drift over to a simple photo that sat gently on the dark wooden dresser. It featured  a young girl I vaguely recognised and an older man, most likely her father. The only positive feature of waking up in a place that isn't the same to where I fell asleep, is analyzing  the intriguing surroundings . You can learn everything about a person if you do enough snooping, and considering I'm an aspiring writer  I see this as a positive.  Everyone in the town I live in - this town - likes to wear a perfect mask, everyone you meet feels like they're an actor on an infomercial. In a way  I'm glad I get to experience this  unusual mysterious and uncomfortable situation every morning. I can find out exactly what they're hiding if I look in the right places.

I gently climbed out of the soft double bed I had previously been lying in. In just one look  you can tell it wasn't made. The cotton floral blanket was  being embraced by the violet sheet. Both of them slowly drifting off the bed. I sighed, I don't think even once I had awoken in a made bed. I continue to explore my surroundings as I walked across the cold wooden floorboards, I made my way to the mahogany dresser and carefully picked up the photo I had been gazing at while still lying in the rose smelling bed. The girl was wearing a beautiful smile, but one somehow I didn't believe. Her eyes were sad. In a way like she had seem some kind of great tragedy with them. But who knows maybe I'm reading to far into a simple photo, I have a tendency to do that. I placed it down carefully trying to avoid leaving traces of my snooping.

 I felt around the old fashioned floral wallpaper that was fraying at the edges as a mark of it's long life. There is clearly a large percentage of  this room that is decorated in floral decal. I find this fascinating, you can find out a lot from a person by there aesthetic. It gives an abstract illustration of their mind. I presumed this was a room of a male as it usually is, but considering large portion of feminine aspects in the decor. I would make the logical assumption that this room belongs either to a metroual male, or a feminine female.  It contains an old fashioned feel, so most likely there either an old soul or someone of old age .

The only photo that is in the room is the one with the smiling girl and her father. I guess this is the room of one of the two?

I hear shouting through the still pretty, but fairly torn wallpaper, I don't intend to be rude, but being far to intrigued I place my ear against the cold hard wall and listen carefully to the loud, and spiteful conversation.