Time to Learn Katakana

Self Study: Japanese

Chapter Five:     Time to Learn Katakana            

 

So you have officially finished learning Hiragana by now, right? If not, keep practicing! For all of you that have, we shall now continue with learning Katakana. 

So what you will need is a notebook, a PC/laptop/phone/tablet, a pen or pencil and determination. 

There are many websites you can find to teach you Katakana but the ones I'll be sharing are the ones I use and find helpful. So basically, I'll be sharing the programme I am going by for my process in learning Katakana.

Firstly, I use this website as when you click one of the characters, it will show you the order for that specific character. Using the animation that it presents, I copy down the character into my notebook and repeat it for practice. I do this for 5 characters at a time to go by the original order (a, i, u, e, o etc.) 

Once I finish copying the characters, I try to add little notes of how I could remember them by using this website. It has really handy tips for remembering them so next time you practice writing Katakana, you will find it really helpful.

Finally, the last resource I use is once again.... MEMRISE! You could also use Anki or any other flashcards, but I personally prefer Memrise. The course I use for learning Katakana can be found here, but there are many so you can look around for the one you prefer. 

Hope that helped!

 

tumblr_ltq6aeMerF1r27f5r.png tumblr_ltq6aeMerF1r27f5r.png

Author Note; 

Leave a comment if you have any questions or if you just want to say hello and share your story! >.< 

Also, if you have any resources that you want to share just post them in the comments below and I when I next make a chapter, I will post them, crediting the link with your username :D