DEAD END: THE TRUE FEELINGS

Meet Me Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE TRUE FEELINGS

Momo walked along the path, checking her watch constantly while eagerly waiting for 10 pm to arrive.

"God, what am I going to say to her?" Momo asked herself while putting her head in her hands before running her hands through her hair once.

"You can start with an explanation of why you're here." A voice said loudly from behind the brunette.

Momo quickly turned around to see Rahel standing there with her arms crossed. Staring at Rahel absorbedly, Momo took in her beauty. Rahel was wearing a pair of torn jeans, cutting off at the knees and a black tank top. Her hair blowing gracefully in the wind and those gorgeous eyes were illuminated by the moon's reflection in the water. Momo approached her slowly with Rahel watching the Japanese girl’s every movement.

“I just wanted to see you Rahel." Momo said, struggling to find the words to explain herself.

"It took you nearly 3 years to want to see me Momo?" Rahel asked with an angry, puzzled look on her face with her arms still crossed.

"Rahel… I… I um…” Momo stuttered while trying to find the right words. "I just missed you Rahel." Momo said quietly as she lowered her head.

Rahel's eyes widened at Momo’s sudden confession. Was she really hearing this?

"After I left you that night, I went to Seoul and auditioned for JYP Entertainment in which they accept me to become their trainee. I’m nearly making my debut but something just feels missing even though that was my dream in the first place. Everyday after I get back to my dorm after practice, I feel lonely like I wasn’t even home. I miss when the kids ran towards me as soon as I arrived home. I miss when you would already prepare the foods for me as I got home. I miss that feeling…” Momo explained to Rahel.

Rahel just looked down at her feet. Her arms still crossed then turned her face up to look out into the river.

"You had a home Momo and you left it behind." Rahel said with a single tear escaping her eye.

“I know Rahel, I know and I came back to fix that but when I went to Paris and saw the restaurant had been closed, I panicked." Momo told Rahel almost pleading for her to listen to the brunette.

Momo took a step a little closer to Rahel, trying to fill in the space between them little by little.

"That's why I came back, to try and fix what I had broken." Momo explained, trying to catch Rahel's gaze.

Rahel smiled tearfully and shook her head before looking up at Momo.

"You're too late. I already moved on." Rahel declared to Momo which makes Momo took a step back, trying to absorb what Rahel was telling her.

“So, that man you're living with." Momo said quietly and fear-stricken as Rahel nodded.

"Jeonghan was there when you weren't Momo. He helped me put the pieces of my life back together, mine and Sean's." She told Momo before Rahel chocked back a sob. “You can't just leave for 3 years and return suddenly and expect everything to be the way it was!" Rahel shouted as she stomped toward Momo angrily shouting at her, letting out everything she's bottled up for the past 3 years. "Do you have ANY idea what you put me through? What you put Sean and Christina through?" She shouted, shoving Momo by the chest slightly.

Momo was completely taken back by Rahel’s actions. Suddenly, Momo grabbed Rahel’s wrists as she was shoving the Japanese girl.

"I'm sorry Rahel!" Momo exclaimed to Rahel, trying with every cell in her being to get her childhood friend to hear her out but Rahel just stared at Momo, piercing through her like a bullet. "I'm sorry…" Momo whispered to Rahel.

Rahel pulled her arms out of Momo's grasp and backed away. "Well, it's a little too late for sorry Momo." Rahel told Momo sternly but her heart ached with every word she spoke.

Rahel began to turn away when all of a sudden, Momo pulled her back by the shoulder with a gentle force. Both of them stayed silence until Momo leaned in and pressed her lips against Rahel's soft, plush, lips ever so gently. Rahel fell into the kiss at first but she immediately opened her eyes and pushed Momo back after coming to.

"I can't do this Momo. I'm with Jeonghan. This isn't fair to him...” Rahel said with a voice filled with sadness while Momo was at a loss for words as Rahel stepped back from her. "I think you should go Momo. Please… just go!” Rahel announced to Momo as she felt tears welling in her eyes.

After that, Rahel turned away from Momo and walked away, leaving the brunette meek and heartbroken. Rahel walked back to her apartment while sobbing the entire walk back. When she entered her apartment, she peeked into Sean's room and looked at his sleeping form before walking away into her room and tucked herself into bed.

 

A couple of hours passed that night when Rahel suddenly woke up. Her sleep was so broken that night, troubled by the conversation she'd had with Momo just hours earlier. Then, Rahel rose out of bed and walked out from her bedroom. She looked out through her backdoor window which led towards the balcony. Rahel opened the door and walked outside to the balcony, feeling the cool, crisp breeze. She closed her eyes and lifted her head toward the sky. Rahel then slipped her shoes off, followed by her shirt and bra as she removed the rest of her clothing. She tossed them to the wooden floor. Completely bare, Rahel walked toward the outdoor Jacuzzi and let her toes wriggle in the warm water before she entered the tub completely. She lowered herself underwater for a few seconds and rose back up to the surface, feeling completely refreshed. The water had calmed her nerves as she just stayed around for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, Momo was walking toward the apartment building and entered the apartment next to Rahel’s since she had rent the room next door without Rahel knowing. Momo sighed as she entered her apartment and walked straight to the balcony where their balconies were connected with only a wall-sized wooden gate separating them. She looked to her left where Rahel’s apartment were as she heard the sound of the Jacuzzi so she peeked through the gap of the wooden gate only to catch the slightest glimpse of Rahel's bare form in the Jacuzzi. Flushed, Momo pulled back from the gate and breathed in heavily before peeking again slightly to see Rahel once again, taking the sight in. Rahel really was beautiful in every way. Ashamed of herself for peaking again, Momo turned away and walked back into her apartment, praying that Rahel wouldn't notice that someone was stalking her. After that, Momo walked to her room and drifted off to sleep immediately after the long tiring day.

 

Momo was awakened the next morning by the noise of horn from below of the apartment as people heading out to start their day. Momo got up and took a bath before she decided to walk to the company for practice. She had to find a way to get Rahel to talk to her. As she arrived at JYP Entertainment building, Momo went straight to the cafeteria to grab something to eat before she went to the practice room. It was only noon and the cafeteria was buzzing with idols and trainees. Momo sat down at a table and ordered her favorite jokbal with peach juice. Just then, Momo overheard a familiar name being brought up in a conversation between two female trainees and the vocal instructor as Momo listened carefully.

"Joshua sunbae, have you heard the news?" One of the girls asked the vocal instructor named Joshua and he just shook his head which makes the girls gasped “You didn't hear that Jeonghan sunbae is planning to propose to his girlfriend? And I thought you used to be classmates." She exclaimed.

When Momo heard that, it was the biggest blow to her heart. Momo had to do something to get Rahel to understand what she was trying to say so the brunette began planning to try and see Rahel again that night and during this meeting, Momo was going to tell her that she loves her, whether she wants to hear it or not. If Rahel refused her after tonight, then Momo would respect her wishes and let her go. But if she feels that there is still a glimmer of hope, no matter how dimmed, Momo was going to fight for her.

 

Rahel was just finishing up her morning shift at the restaurant even though her night was restless as she was unable to get Momo out of her head. She could still taste the brunette’s lips. True, she did feel terrible that she didn’t tell Jeonghan about what had happened with Momo the previous night but the sensation of feeling Momo's lips touching hers was something she'd dreamed about since childhood. Snapping out of her trance, Rahel hung up her apron and left the restaurant. Walking back to the apartment, Momo's words began to ring in her ears.

‘Does she really miss me? Or has she just become bored of her recent lifestyle?’ Rahel thought to herself as she walked into her apartment.

"Oppa, I'm home." Rahel shouted while throwing her keys on the side console table.

Sean was not going to be home fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter