ROAD 3: SHE’S BACK?

Meet Me Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROAD 3: SHE’S BACK?

Tossing in her sleep in the middle of the night while sweating and breathing heavily, Momo shot up from her bed in her dorm from a dream that had seemed so real. The images from the dream seemed so dramatic, the same dream which had been haunting her for the past year and a half, ever since that talk with Sana. Every dream was about Rahel where she would be standing on the edge of a cliff, peering out into the horizon. She would turn to look at Momo who was standing behind her and smiled at the Japanese girl. As soon as Momo would try to reach Rahel, an unknown man would appear and brought Rahel together with Sean and Christina away from the brunette in which she couldn’t stop. Every night, the man would take her away and every night, Momo was too late. Momo’s chest was heaving heavily at the thought of that.

Momo began to feel tears run down her cheeks. Reaching her hand to touch her cheeks, she pulled her hand back only to see tears glistening against her finger. Momo clenched her fist and put her head in her other hand and began to sob uncontrollably. Luckily she didn’t have a roommate in the meantime. Her shoulders trembling and her head aching. Momo finally released all of the emotion she'd been suppressing for over a year. Then, Momo lifted her head out of her hand with her eyes blazing red and her cheeks tear stained. With each passing thought of Rahel, Momo began to remember what Sana had said to her back in Busan. She started to reminisce everything she'd been through with Rahel about how she never left Momo’s side, despite her stupidity and how gluttons she could be, she was always there and just the thought of losing Rahel forever, never looking into those eyes which always looked at her lovingly, never seeing that sweet smile was worse than any pain she'd ever felt.

"God, I love you… I’m so stupid to think that I could just ignore this feeling.” Momo said aloud to herself.

In the same night, Momo immediately got off from her bed and packed a few clothes into her backpack before she walked out of her dorm and stared at the dark sky, remembering the night she left Rahel. Momo could recall telling Rahel that she wanted to ease her mind. Well, her mind became more mixed up as she left Rahel. Momo's gaze broke away from the sky and she took out her phone in order to book the earliest flight to Paris as she was returning to the only home she's ever known, to the place where she knew she belonged, with Rahel. After that, Momo got into her car and drove off to Incheon International Airport.

 

Momo had been sitting in the airplane for a few hours and she was determined to get back to Rahel as soon as she possibly could. Finally arriving in Paris at dawn after few hours of travel, Momo got off from the cab that she took earlier after landing and ran as fast as her legs could carry her to Precious Love Restaurant. After reaching the restaurant, she stopped because of out of breath and stared at the front of it in bewilderment. The doors were boarded over and a ‘For Sale' sign was hung up in the front window. A lump began to form in Momo's throat and she ran up the stairs and pounded on the door in panic.

"No, no, no, NO!" Momo shouted in horror.

Momo pulled back from the door and walked over to the window. Luckily, Rahel did forgot to lock the window at the side as always so she climbed through the window and walked through the rundown interior with the restaurant stools were laying crooked on the floor. The restaurant counter was covered in about an inch of dust and debris. Momo turned her gaze to the stairs and ran up to the bedrooms. Momo's heart pounded in anxiety as she shouted for Rahel, Christina and Sean’s name with her voice echoing throughout the restaurant. Each shout was replied with nothing but dead silence with only her echoes being the only reply. Then, Momo peered into the kids' room and saw nothing but the framing of a bed. After that, she ran into an empty room which used to be her shared room with Rahel and saw the same. Momo, now panicking, ran out of the restaurant, grabbed a cab and went to Mark's house since she knew that Mark was currently back in Paris from the article. Momo really hope that Mark could explain what the hell was going on.

 

Arriving at Mark's house in Orleans a few hours later in the morning, Momo walked up to the door and began knocking on the door furiously.

"Oppa! Mark oppa! It's Momo!" Momo shouted while knocking the door.

Opening the door, Mark was shocked to see Momo standing there. He grimaced at the very sight of the brunette.

"What the hell are you doing here? You're not welcome here anymore after what you’ve done to my baby sister." Mark told Momo with a stern voice.

"Who is it daddy?" A sweet voice echoed from inside of the house.

Mark turned to reply sweetly, "Nobody sweetheart. Why don't you make us some chocolate milk and bring it out back?"

"Okay daddy!"

"Is that Christina?" Momo asked and her eyes lighted up at the thought of the 7 years old girl.

"The hell do you care?" Mark snapped which makes Momo to pout.

Momo sighed and tried to explain herself as Mark stepped outside. The idol shut the door behind him to listen to Momo's pathetic explanation of why she'd abandoned all of them.

"Oppa listen, I'm well aware of how ed up I am and how foolish my decisions have been." Momo explained calmly.

"Pfft, yeah right." Mark scoffed while glaring at Momo with hard eyes, ready to reach out and choke the brunette at each passing moment.

Mark wasn’t the violent type actually but when it involved hurting his younger sister, he wouldn’t mind beating the crap out of that person even if that person was a girl.

"Oppa, why the restaurant is closing down? Where are Rahel and Sean?" Momo asked desperately.

Mark furrowed his eyebrow at Momo. "And why the sudden interest, Momoring? I thought you had completely forgotten about Rahel already since you didn’t even ask about her when we would cross with each other in JYP Entertainment. Been what, nearly 3 yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter