Ch #5

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Guys, I read your comments and some of you told me that you are confused by paragraph spacing, and can’t figure the scene switching. I’m sorry that you had difficulty. I will put margin lines at the end of the scene, so you guys would not be confused by the scene switching. I will try to work on the paragraph spacing too. Some of you were also confused by the thoughts that I wrote in italic. To help you guy with that I have written Baekhyun’s thoughts in red and Haejin’s thoughts in green. I hope that it will help you guys.

Please enjoy the chapter….

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter #5:

  

         The Engagement.

 

“Baekhyun~”

“What?” Baekhyun snapped, clearly annoyed by the person who disturbed his peaceful sleep. The sleepy guy raised his messy bed-head from the soft looking and inviting pillow before he squints his sleepy, puffy eyes at the figure standing at his room’s door.

“You are pretty cute when you are not being scary.”

“Thanks?”

“Get up.” Baekhyun glared at his mother; who was standing at his room’s door, for the second time that week. He threw his head back on his pillow again and groaned. His raven-black hairs contrasting rather prettily with the blood-red color of the bedding.

“Hmm…you’re hot. That’s the only thing that makes me proud of the fact that I am your mother.” Baekhyun raised a brow at the Queen, before looking down at himself. Of course, there was no doubt he was hot. Puh-lease! Girls die for him – well except for Haejin, but he will change that soon. He allowed a small yawn to escape past his lips before he stretched his half- body tangled in the blood-red sheets; very innocently baring his neck vulnerable to the world outside.

Thankfully, there were no more girls in his bed.

“You definitely got that neckline from me. Is that how you tempt all those girls?” His mother wondered and settled herself down on the couch.

“What do you want, Mom?” Baekhyun inquired, while running his hand through his messy black locks.

It was again too early for him to deal with his mother.

“Like seriously, you need to teach one or two of those tricks to your father too.”

“Mom!”

“Fine. Take me to Haejin. I want to meet her.” Baekhyun turned towards his mother with a scowl and again buried his face in the soft pillows.

“Go by yourself.”

“Baekhyun!”

“Mom, believe me. There are still some chances that she will listen to whatever you have to say to her…” Baekhyun stopped to let out a small yawn again, before continuing.

“Those chances will be reduced to none if I am there.”

“I don’t find this information very comforting.”

“She hates me.”

“Then change that.”

“I don’t think I’m really interested in doing that.”

“Baek, you can’t always force people just because you have the power to do so.”

“What do you suggest, then?”

“Bad time doesn’t knock when it comes. It’s better if you have more friends than foes.” Baekhyun finally lifted his head up to gaze at his mother. He clearly got what his mother meant, and knew she was dead serious about it.

“You want me to make her fall for me.”

“I may have implied just that. Even though, I won’t mind if you fall for her first.”

“You are being ridiculous. Mom, I’m not interested in having a romantic relationship with anyone.” Baekhyun retaliated with a frown. What was with his mother, nowadays?

“You are going to marry her.” The Queen deadpanned, as soon as she heard her son.

“Yes- because of an alliance, if you fail to notice.”

 “You think taking down that foundation is everything, but it’s not!” His mother snarled, before getting up from the couch in rage.

“You have some responsibilities regarding your Kingdom; other than their safety.”

“You sound like I don’t already complete them.”

“You do. But, there would be some in the future you won’t be able to.”

“Like?”

“You can’t lead a Kingdom properly – in your case; two Kingdoms – if your Queen is not willing to cooperate.”

“I think My Princess, is smart enough to not cause troubles in Kingdom matters.”

“Don’t say; I didn’t warn you.” His mother gave up with an exasperated sigh.

“I won’t. Why do you want to go there?” Baekhyun asked the forgotten question, again.

“Your dad told me to arrange your engagement date.”

“That’s why ” Baekhyun muttered under his breath and nodded his head.

“Won’t you ask when are we planning to arrange it?”

“Probably in two or three days.”

“You talked to your father before me, didn’t you?” His mother asked with a scowl, while pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

“I meet him daily.” Baekhyun deadpanned and finally moved the tangled mess of sheets away from his body.

“You and your father; both are infuriating.” His mother pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Are you done?” The young Prince asked with the roll of his eyes.

“Yeah. Don’t forget to teach your father some of those tricks.” His mother instructed, before pecking his forehead.

“I don’t have to answer that, right?” Baekhyun asked back, as a small smile danced on his lips.

“Of course, not.”

 

 

One day later…..

 

“Hyung~” Tao sang, as he stepped inside Baekhyun’s office along with Kris.

Great. Now, I can’t even have peace at my office.

“What are you doing here?”

“Nice to meet you too,” Kris remarked sarcastically, before parking his on the black-leather couch.

“No, really. What are you doing here?” Baekhyun didn’t bother changing his question into a greeting.

“Mom assigned me to buy engagement dress for Haejin noona.” Tao started explaining proudly.

“As, you know Kris-Hyung and I have the best fashion sense-”

“Tao! Get to the point.”

“Fine. We bought all the things. Mom wants you to take them to noona.” The young Panda elaborated further with a frown.

“Okay.”

“Okay? That’s all you have to say.”

“You can leave?” Baekhyun looked at his brother confused. What else was he expecting?

“No- I’m going to meet Haejin noona with you. All you had to say was simple thanks!”

“Are you going to come too?” Baekhyun ignored the whining Panda and turned towards Kris; who was looking at Tao clearly annoyed.

“Mom told me to. So, I guess yeah.”

“It will take me some time to finish these. Can you wait?” Baekhyun asked with an apologetic look, which made Kris chuckle.

“It’s okay. Take your time.”

 

 

 

“Hey, Princess!” Baekhyun greeted with fake enthusiasm, as soon as he saw his fiancé making her way through the hallway. Tao and Kris were waiting in the main hall,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter