final.

Prom Night.

It was prom season at Baekhyun and Yixing's school.

They were so excited over it, they started planning everything weeks before. It wasn't like they had a date to take care of while they were there. Both of them were single and didn't ask nor did they get asked to prom and they were totally okay with that.

Two bestfriends with their pals could have just as much fun together as a couple.

-

Baekhyun and Yixing were sitting in the backseat on Jongdae's car, on their way to prom together.

"Sooo, are you still excited?" Baekhyun nudged Yixing with his elbow.

"Of course! We've been waiting for this for so long! We're definetly gonna have toons of fun! Especially with Jongdae with us."

Yixing put his hand on Jongdae's shoulder, who was sitting in the drivers seat. He nodded as he was grinning like an idiot.

"I hope we can do all the things we planned. Getting drunk, ruining someone's dress.." Baekhyun smiled at Yixing.

"Me too but I'd be happy if I got one dance with someone."

Of course he had someone in mind. He always had this tiny crush on Luhan. Nothing serious but he'd love to dance with him  one time.

"Duh, of course! Who wouldn't want to dance with a hot guy? Also known as BYUN BAEKHYUN's hot bestfriend. And besides the dance, I'm sure the person you dance with is gonna kiss you and I'll be cheering you on!" He started tickling him, earning a loud laughter from Yixing.

,,Seriously though, Yixing. I'm sure everyone's already waiting for you to come and dance with you." Jongdae added.

Yixing shyly turned his head to look out the window.

'This is gonna be a great night.'

-

The moment Jongdae stopped the car, Baekhyun grabbed Yixing's hand and basically jumped out with him. Yixing turned around and threw an apologetic smile to Jongdae but he just shrugged it off with a grin.

"Slow down a little, Baek." Yixing laughed but Baekhyun wasn't listening, he was too excited.

They went through the door and they were already greeted by an almost full hall of people.

Baekhyun was still holding Yixing's hand as he guided him to the table with all the drinks.

"So, Jongdae's joining later and the others aren't here yet. How about we start the task 'Drinking until we can't think'?" Baekhyun said as he handed his best friend a cup of beer.

"You know that it won't take long for me." Yixing replied with a cheeky grin.

They both took a sip and started looking around, in hopes to see some of their friends but there wasn't anyone they knew.

Not too long after, they saw Jongdae and Chanyeol enter the hall. Both of them let out a relieved sigh as they saw them.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Chanyeol asked them.

"Great!" Baekhyun and Yixing said at the same time, making both Chanyeol and Jongdae laugh.

"Jongin and some of his friends are gonna be here soon. Let's get over there and have some fun." Jongdae cheered.

-

Yixing and his friends were fooling around on the dancefloor. He had felt eyes on him the moment he got up there but he ignored it.

Just as a drunk Jongin wanted to shout how great life could be, the DJ put on a slow song.

That was also the moment, when Yixing felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to look at whoever was behind him.

It was Luhan.

"Hey, Yixing." He greeted him.

"Hi." Yixing replied, slightly startled by Luhan talking to him since he thought it'd be the other way around.

"So do you want me to spell it out for you or are you gonna dance with me?" Luhan smiled sweetly.

'Yes.' Yixing thought. He's getting the dance he wanted!

"Sur-" He was about to agree but before he could finish his sentence, he felt another hand on his wrist.

Baekhyun was looking down with a sad expression, fingers still wrapped around his bestfriends wrist.

"What's wrong, Baek?"

"Can we leave? Please..?"

Something was definetly wrong. Yixing didn't know what though. Maybe he wasn't feeling well because of the alcohol? Or it's just the alcohols effects in general?

"I-I.. I'm so sorry Luhan. I gotta go. Really, I would've loved to dance with you. Sorry again, I'll call you."

Luhan seemed even more confused than Yixing but he didn't ask anymore questions and told him it's okay with an understanding smile. Yixing smiled back and then he was being pulled along with Baekhyun.

-

Baekhyun lead him out and away from the school. His pace was slow but Yixing knew better than to ask him what's wrong right now. Baekhyun would tell him eventually.

They arrived at a park, away from where everyone was having fun at prom.

They sat down on a bench and Yixing looked over to Baekhyun worriedly.
Before Yixing could say anything, Baekhyun spoke up.

"He was there." He said, his gaze directed against the ground.

Oh.

'He' was Daehyun.
Baekhyun's bully.

He had been bullying him since they came to the school. Basically just ruining his whole school life. They were 17 not 14 but bullies still existed. That's why Yixing and Baekhyun got best friends in the first place.
Yixing was the first and only one to stand up for him and defend him.
After they got closer, Baekhyun's life started getting much better.

Daehyun left him alone, annoyed by having to deal wih Yixing.
Baekhyun thought it was okay now, but it wasn't.
Everytime he saw him, he automatically recalled everything he had done to him.

Just like now.

Yixing put his arm around his friend, in order to comfort him. He didn't say anything. It wasn't necessary right now.

Well, there goes their 'great' prom night. They couldn't even finish the first thing on their to-do list and Yixing missed his dance by seconds. He really wanted to dance. It seemed silly and it probably is but Yixing couldn't help it.

But his bestfriend needed him.

"This is so silly." Baekhyun suddenly said.

"What is?" His bestfriend asked.

He shuffled in his seat before looking up at Yixing.

"I ruined your night and why? Because of an that went to the same place."

Yixing immidiately tightened his arm around him.

"Hey, no, don't say that."

Baekhyun's mood seemed to drop further but he doesn't want to be the reason Yixing doesn't get his prom dance.

So he removed Yixing's arm, stood up and pulled his phone out of his pocket. Yixing watched him as Baekhyun some slow music.

"What are you doing?" Yixing asked as Baekhyun put his phone on the bench.
He smiled at him and stuck out his hand, signaling Yixing to take it.

So Yixing did and stood up. Baekhyun wasted no time in taking Yixing's arms and putting them around his neck. His own hands went around Yixing's waist.

The latter opened his mouth to say something but Baekhyun shut him up by pushing his head down onto his shoulder.

"What are you doing.." Yixing repeated, now in a more timid tone.

"I already ruined the night so the least I can do is give you the dance you wanted."

It sure was weird. Bestfriends standing in a park, no one else is there and they're dancing to slow music. But neither of them seemed to care.

Time passed as they were rocking from side to side, arms around each other, Yixing's cheek pressed against Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun's forehead resting against Yixing's shoulder.

Yixing decided to break the - weirdly comfortable - silence after the song started repeating itself for the third time.

"So am I gonna get a kiss too?" He laughed, remembering what Baekhyun had told him earlier.

He expected a chuckle and not a "Sure" followed by Baekhyun's hands on his cheeks, lifting his face up and pressing his lips onto his own.

It took a couple of seconds for Baekhyun to realize what he was doing and pull away.

Yixing looked at Baekhyun before lowering his head, hands still slung around his neck.

"I.. I was j-joking.." He said quietly.

"I wasn't."

Yixing didn't say anything, instead he kept quiet, still looking at the ground and trying to hide his blush.

"Sorry, I'm not Luhan but I couldn't.. I couldn't hold back."

Baekhyun started to fumble with his fingers on Yixing's lower back, waiting for.. something from Yixing.

And after a while, Yixing stepped back a little.

"You know what?"

Baekhyun was already rooting for the worst thing to happen : Yixing running away and cutting ties with him.

But his worries were quickly washed away when Yixing spoke up again and took Baekhyun's hands into his.

"Tonight was great. I'm glad you're not Luhan. I think I prefer you."

He smiled at him and placed a kiss onto Baekhyun's lips.

After the kiss, they smiled at each other, pressing their foreheads together.

And just like Yixing expected :

It was a great night. Way better than great actually.