You're there and I'm here

4 Years and Now Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]You're There and I'm Here[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Words: ~2616[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3]Baekhyun and Chanyeol started dating in January. They first met at Namsan tower and slowly fell in love. Chanyeol wasn't sure if Baekhyun is the one but he is sure that his feelings for Baekhyun isn't just some puppy love. Even if he isn't the one, Chanyeol wants to be happy with Baekhyun so he made a light promise to make Baekhyun smile on his birthday every May 6th.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun's POV

1st year

Today is my birthday and I woke up like it was like no other day. Yes, today was the day I was born, but what's the point celebrating if Mom is gone. She is the sole reason this day exist. She passed away last summer and my heart is mending itself, slowly, with time.

Time will fix everything, because feelings and emotions are all based on memories. If memories fade within time, you are bound to feel numb to it. Time will not heal,but it will help you forget. Forgetting isn't accepting, but it's close and touching borders.

I wasn't there at her last breath for I was hald a world away. I'm in Korea while she is in America, California to specify the place I couldn't come to at that time. Dad was with her, but that doesn't change the fact that her youngest couldn't even make time to say a simple goodbye. 

Does it help to regret? No. What good will come out of it? She loves me and I love her. She would want me to be happy, wouldn't she? I'll smile for her.

I got dressed in casual clothing. A simple grey shirt with faded jeans along an ash-grey cardigan. It is my birthday after all, so I'll go to buy a drink and try to enjoy my day.

ding-dong 

Ne? I don't remember inviting someone over and the mail was delivered yesterday. Ahh...It must be Chanyeol.

When I open the door, I was looking at my birthday present. It was a 6'1 elf with big ears, deep voice, and 32 sparkly-white teeth that shines in front of me.

"Happy Birthday, baby Baek!"

Butterflies. They are flying in my stomach. Everytime I see his smile, I get these wierd feelings that I hate but love at the same time. My insides twists and turns and it's the most uncomfortable sensation in the world and it only happens when I'm with him.

"Thanks Chanyeol," I beamed at him a smile. Strangely, it's easier to smile at him than anything. He held two small rectangular paper in his left hand and hovered the other one in the air.

"As your boyfriend, I will bring you out on a date," Chanyeol pushed his empty hands closer to me and I took in, intertwining the fingers and finding myself so comfortable with the feeling.

"You really didn't have to. I told you not to do anything for my birthday," I didn't want to burden him. I'm happy if he's with me.

"Correct. I don't have to, but I want to and I love to. Come. Today, I bring you to Lotte World," Chanyeol walked in front of me and I followed with hands linking us together like we can never be apart, ever. I smiled at his dumbness and he smiled at me.

The car ride was filled with us singing along to the radio and just making up lyrics for the ones we don't know of. Everything felt so beautiful and right at this moment.

When we got to Lotte World, Chanyeol dragged me to every ride, kid's or adult's, we went on all of them. Who cares about the wierd looks they give you when you 22 and in a teacup, spinning. Those looks must be of jealousy for they don't have the courage to be happy like us.

By the time all the rides have been ridden, it was 6:30 pm. We went to a flower garden nearby and sat there, being each other ears and listening, being lovers for words of comfort. I told him of my mom who died of heart failure. As expected, I teared up. But, it was only natural for me to cry, not for Chanyeol to shed tears with me. But, he did. I cried and he cried.

Today was my first birthday with him, Chanyeol.

 

 

2nd Year

Today is my birthday, and unlike myself, I want to do something with Chanyeol. I want to eat out. But of course, Chanyeol being Chanyeol, he made a restaurant at an expensive one, but not too expensive. He showed up at my door with one red rose.

"Happy Birthday, baby Baek," he guided the flower to my hand and I cupped it in my fingers. "One red rose to represent our love."

I didn't need to smile because I'm already smiling. Just like I have been for more than the last 365 days when I'm with him. If this isn't true love, than I hope that it's something better.

We talked and ate. I made a joke and Chanyeol was laughing until he spit out some water on the table. I laughed at him and he laughed with me. We finished eating and I want to walk around a bit so we decided to walk around the streets until it was too cold. Chanyeol gave me his jacket and went to drive the car to where I am.

I stood there and waited for him for about 5 minutes but there was no sign of him. It was already 9:30 at night and I'm shivering to my bones. He wouldn't keep me waiting, would he?

I'm scared. I'm in the middle of the city at night and it's not as safe as you think it would be. Chanyeol took 7 minutes. I'm just gonna go look for him then.

"Hey! Where you going with that tight ," A voice eerily close behind me shouted. I turned around and there were 3 other men surrounding me. they look about the same age as me, if not older, and a bit drunk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter