Punishment

♡ EXO Oneshots and Drabbles ♡

Pairing: N/A

Rating: G

Warnings: Mama/Powers!au (is that something that needs to be forewarned?); mentions of death

Length: 709


 

Mama sees all, knows all. Despite living to serve Mama, we've failed the very thing we were created for. Mama sees into our hearts, our minds, our pasts and our presents- and we have all failed Mama in one way or another.

So we are to suffer through our punishments. However Mama chooses to dole them out.

One to freeze and destroy, and one to heal without end.

Being the eldest of us, Xiumin's punishment was first to be doled out- and it hadn't seemed so terrible, until Lay's was announced. They would be locked in a room with no exits for an indeterminate length of time. Xiumin's powers and instincts forcing him to freeze every inanimate thing within an hour of its original state having been regained. While Lay was to breathe life back into the room- make the frost back away from him and Xiumin, bring the plants back to life, stabilize the instability that comes with the frost- every time it is frozen again.

Luhan was next, his world limited to what could only be described as a foggy chamber below ground level. No light, save for what retracts from the seemingly glass balls scattered throughout the room. There were millions of them- and Luhan had a task for these objects as well. There were thirteen that held images within. Locate them, keep them together, and present them- and only then will the exits appear.

Kris received his punishment with his ever-frowning face. Mama knew his heart yearned for the others in different ways. The communication with them was what kept him feeling normal. He was to be isolated and had to search for the other eleven. From youngest to oldest. Locating Minseok before Luhan would not count, he would have to find Luhan and then return to Minseok. There would be no real clues to make his task easier, just instinct.

Then it was Suho's and Baekhyun'so turn. Suho would be in a long room- representative of a hallway- with only the light wielder. While this would not be a problem normally, extended exposure to one another left Suho feeling stretched thin, and Baekhyun feeling weighted down. Water dampens the spirits of Baekhyun and the Light makes Suho feel as though he is drying out. They had no task but to survive and master their own selves (and their powers).

Channel and his ever-the-social-being personality would be thrown into an abandoned city as his powers constantly feel like they're at the tipping point. He can release them- but only for a short period once a day. An opportunity he will have to use wisely so that he doesn't feel like he is frying from the inside out. For someone who feared the destructive and out-of-control aspects of their own power- this would be taxing on his mental stability.

D.O. was not without punishment either. His own being nearly identical to Chanyeol's, he would constantly rage and hate himself as the power builds until he finally destroys something. That was his only real task. He had to destroy. Everything. One thing a day until it was all gone. The entire place, levelled. A replica of the nightmare Kyungsoo had had everyday since his power was identified.

Kai was one of the quiet ones. He kept mostly to himself unless someone approaches him, or if he feels like something needs to be said. But he was to actively seeking out each of the other members except Kris. He had to communicate with them in some forms, and only then would his power allow him to move from the area. Mama would have complete control on the influx of his power.

Sehun would be in a desert land. His powers being the only way to keep himself safe. To keep the sand away, to block the sun, or to force the rain away- he only had the wind to depend on. If he failed once, it would cause a distraction and another failure until he felt like he was on the brink of dying. Mama won't allow his death (would most likely force Kai back to him) but he would be left to suffer for a while.

They had all failed Mama. But Mama would not fail them.