Customer Service Charmer

♡ EXO Oneshots and Drabbles ♡

Pairing: ing

Rating:PG

Warnings: mild cursing

Length: 691


 

"Hey, how do I damage this?"

Yixing sighed softly. Why did Sehun seem to have absolutely no idea how to do anything? The guy had been hired to work for Li's Department Store three months ago- during an off-season. His biggest concerns were the 30% and summer clothing rush. It's currently the huge "Back to School" sale and Sehun still didn't seem capable of grasping the most simplistic of P.O.S. or Customer Service tasks- and as much of a nice guy Yixing was, this situation was beginning to grate his nerves. He had personally trained the younger the week he was hired- and they had worked together 3 to 5 times a week since then- but he still seemed just as lost as day one.

"Yixing?"

"Go to the home screen, click the customer service button in the bottom left. Entering that menu will bring up a list of 8 options on the right-hand side, the last button should be 'next page' above that should read 'damage-slash-def' click that, enter your 7 digit employee ID number, scan the merchandise, hit 'print ticket' first button, right-hand side- attach the appropriate print out to the appropriate merchandise via matching the UPCs." Yixing blurted out at last, not once lifting his gaze from the keyboard of the mainframe computer (a beast of a desk computer built in the late 80s with select applications- mostly the mainframe- available on it).

Sehun hesitated, before stepping back toward the door, "Thank you."

"No problem, oh- and Sehun?"

"Yeah?"

"Next time you use this monster." Yixing turned to face the younger, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the computer. "Please remember to use the 'Mainframe Basics' book I wrote for you. The more times you make this thing crash, the more times I have to fix it... and let's be honest, you know I hate this old thing, but we need it in order to do our job."

Sehun at least looked mildly sheepish as he nodded in agreement, "Sorry about that. I really was just trying to go back a page."

"F3. F4 to go to the main menu page, you know we don't use F1 for anything, let alone... whatever else it is you hit."

"I panicked!"

There was a slight whine in the younger's voice that made him pause. "What makes you panic enough to do this several times each shift?"

Sehun looked torn momentarily, his back leaning against the door instead of opening it to go through it. But as quickly as that expression had made itself present, it disappeared to be replaced with the normal stoicism, "You."

"Pardon?" That had certainly been unexpected.

"You." Sehun repeated before taking a breath and continuing, "You're just so good at this job, and so pinpoint accurate. At first, it was... scary intimidating. One minute you're zoned out, the next, you're reciting all eight options on the customer service menu and their functions- and the two on the second page of the menu as well! But, it's also insanely attractive. And the way you handle some of the s we deal with is so admirable... how are you ing human?" The words tumbled forward, the younger shaking his head for a moment, "And when there's down time and we can chat, I don't get how the hell you've been single for six years! I could easily see myself dating you-"

"Okay." Yixing cut the younger off, a slight smirk gracing his lips at the younger's rant.

"Huh?"

"I said, okay." He repeated, glad to have a reason and an understanding to accompany this mess that's been happening with the new guy. "Thursday night, 7 o'clock. Pick me up, I'll text you my address."

Blinking, Sehun finally seemed to have caught up, "But I dont have your number..."

"Then I guess you'll have to wait for me at the time clock before we leave tonight, won't you?"

"Yes?"

"Good boy, now go damage out that mess so that we're not doing extra work after 11 tonight." Yixing replied with a quick wave of his hand before turning back to the mainframe.

Maybe this time he had been too quick to judge the new guy.