Miles from Home (I'll Find You)

♡ EXO Oneshots and Drabbles ♡

Pairing(s): Sehun x Xiumin x Luhan (side pairing: Kai x Kyungsoo)

Rating: G-ish 

Warnings: mentions of of some sort, vague hints of something more physical

Length: 2576

Notes: iuHan soulmates!au... I felt this was 100% necessary.


 

It wasn't that Sehun was against the whole soulmate thing. It's just that he didn't see why everyone was so into it. Everyone seemed to be more than willing to go out of their way to meet the one that is tattooed on their skin- but why? What made someone you most likely never have never met in your life before so special that you had to drop what you were doing and find them?

He'd watched his friends do it. They'd skip class or call out from work, then pick up what they could carry on their backs and start their search. He'd watched as Jongin walked out of class one day and only returned when he could happily proclaim he had found Do Kyungsoo. "He's my soulmate, Sehun-ah! We're meant to be together until the end of time." He had sounded so wonder-struck it frightened Sehun a bit.

So it should have been no surprise when a study abroad opportunity arose at their college and Sehun took it. A month before their junior year of college was to begin, Sehun was lugging three suitcases, a backpack, and a laptop case through the airport as he prepared to spend an entire year in China. An entire year where he hoped to forget about the excitement in Jongin's eyes, and the way everyone seemed to radiate joy as they spoke to something he just couldn't comprehend.

It wouldn't be much, but it would be enough. He would have enough trouble fumbling through Mandarin on a daily basis that he wouldn't have any issues with having to face the never ending topic of soulmates. It would be a year to focus on himself and his studies as he sent texts back to Korea and utilized Skype for all it was worth- well, the facetime application he had downloaded, anyway. After all, what could possibly await him in China that would make one video call every other week impossible?

Everything.

Nothing was right, literally everything was wrong. He knew speaking Mandarin everyday when you could barely get beyond introductions and apologies would be difficult, but he had no idea it would be this difficult. Granted, they were grading him on a curve as they probably weren't supposed to do, but even still he was having difficulty getting his assignments done and turned in on time. His roommate- another junior named Zitao- tried to help where he could, but upon realizing that Sehun was worse off than even he knew what to do with- he came up with another plan. 

"My friend- Luhan- he's two years older than us, he might be able to help you. If not, he should know someone who can."

"But hasn't he graduated...?"

Zitao let out a soft snort, "With his bachelor's, yes. He didn't want to settle with just a bachelor's degree though. So jackass is still in school."

"Oh... well, if he doesn't mind... I do need the help." Sehun admitted, grateful for the mostly Korean conversation  (even if Zitao''s words and phrasing were all over the place).

By Friday evening he had plans to meet up with Luhan for lunch the following day. This wouldn't be a problem for Sehun, especially seeing as Luhan had volunteered to buy lunch- and that was most definitely a win, even if the whole learning Mandarin thing wasn't. The problems began; however, on Saturday morning.

Waking up at a leisurely 10am, Sehun had two and a half hours until he had to meet up with Luhan. So he started with his usual morning routine, a routine that came to an abrupt halt as he was patting his hair dryer and glanced into the mirror only to see black words inked into the skin on the inside of his wrist. If Zitao hadn't been awake by that point, Sehun's scream most certainly had woken him.

As Sehun fled the restroom, he grabbed at his roommate and- for lack of a better term- flipped his shot. "Cancel it! I won't go! I refuse! I'll find another way. I can't- this isn't supposed to happen! How does this even make sense?!"

"Calm down, what happened?" Zitao spoke in slow Mandarin, but Sehun couldn't be bothered to acknowledge that fact as he his wrist into the other's face.

Lu Han

Kim Minseok

"I didn't want one! What makes the universe think I want two?!"

Zitao on the other hand grasped Sehun's arm tightly, a slight frown on his face as he produced his phone and snapped a photo before sending a message to Sehun-didn't-give-a-damn-who. Regardless of whether the older male was listening, Sehun began to ramble in Korean while Zitao seemed preoccupied with his phone.

An eternity later- or maybe it was only 15 minutes- there was a knock on their door, and Zitao got up to answer it; as Sehun continued rambling in Korean.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I came here to get away from the possibility of this! I don't understand how this is even supposed to be-!"

"Well, if you're just going to be upset over it, it's only going to tear you apart." A rather calm voice spoke up, effectively cutting Sehun off. Blinking, he turned toward the doorway only to find that Zitao had let not one, but two people into their room.

"You- I- what?" He fumbled out, confused. He was easily taller than the guy standing in front of him- actually, he had height on both of the new faces, if he was going to be honest with himself; granted, both of the guys in front of him were also very attractive. 

It's with a slight tilt of his lips, the guy standing nearest him acknowledged his floundering, "Well, Sehun, I'm Minseok and this is Luhan." He introduced them both with a gentle gesture toward the other new face. "And you are going to get sick if you don't put something other than boxers on soon." Minseok observed, but neither he nor Sehun could deny that they had both seen Luhan eyeing up what skin he had on display.

"Right, well, I am going to Xing ge's place for the weekend. Good luck figuring your out." Zitao tossed out, receiving acknowledgment from Luhan and Minseok as Sehun just gave a confused look before hearing a faint 'zai jian' and responding in a stilted manner.

Minseok, seeing Sehun'so confusion, took pity on him and quickly explained, "He's going out." 

"For the weekend!" Luhan happily added further, eyes practically twinkling in excitement.

"W-why?" Sehun asked, frowning to himself at his own stutter before he quickly grabbed a clean shirt from his dresser and yanked it on, wanting some coverage as immediately as he could get it.

"Because we have some talking to do." The emphasis on talking seemed to be more directed at Luhan than himself, Sehun realized, as he rummaged through his dresser and found a pair of jeans and yanked them on over his legs, finally feeling some comfort in his state of dress. 

"I know, I know." Luhan muttered back to Minseok in Mandarin- the constant language switching was starting to seriously confuse Sehun, it was still too early to deal with this much... language.

"Can we stick to Korean, please? I'm not awake enough for so much switching." The youngest spoke up before letting out a sigh and flopping onto his bed.

Luhan stuck out his bottom lip slightly in a momentary pout before slipping into a grin and sitting beside Sehun, "Okay, fine, but in return you have to tell us why you flipped out on poor Taozi in Korean... you know he couldn't keep up with you, right?"

Sehun bit his lip as he looked at his lap- he did feel kind of guilty about that, but what was he to do? He doesn't know Mandarin well enough to vent his thoughts and emotions that way and he was just so stressed out- still is if he was being honest with himself. "However, we aren't here to reprimand you for that. We're here to talk to you about this." Minseok insisted softly, sitting on Sehun's other side as he held out his left wrist. Sehun's own name there resting just above Luhan's.

Luhan did the same action on his other side, this time with Minseok's name inked above Sehun's, "It would mean a lot to us if you'd give us your input." Luhan actually sounded serious compared to everything else he's edged out since the two had arrived.

"I don't get it... we? Why would you want... this?"

There was a question unspoken, but both of the older men in the room heard it clear as day, "We've never spoken, Sehun, but you have something to you. Luhan and I, we've known one another for a few years now and I can tell you without a doubt, the two of us won't work alone. We're missing something, and maybe that could be you?"

"It's not just because your name is on our skin, and ours are on yours. You can't say you didn't feel it." Luhan spoke up again, his hand turning to just barely rest on top of one of Sehun''s, and the younger did feel it. He knew precisely what Luhan was talking about as a jolt of a tingle skittered up his arm- what he wasn't anticipating was how that faint tingle would amplify the instant Minseok mirrored Luhan's actions. The sensation pulling a soft gasp from between his lips.

"This is what makes people search for their soulmate." Minseok spoke again, voice softer than before, making the whole situation feel way more intimate than anything else Sehun had ever experienced. "There's a bond, a connection, between soulmates that makes everything feel different... feel right."

"We really are missing something though, Sehun. Minseok and I, we work great together... some times. But with just the two of us, there's been so much friction, it makes things shakey?" Luhan paused as he looked to Minseok for confirmation- which he easily gave.

"Luhan is a cuddler." Sehun's eyes went wide at that random tidbit, "I'm really not."

"I don't like sharing a bed all the time though." Luhan threw in, as though this was normal information to divulge the first time meeting someone, "But Minseok can't fall asleep unless there's someone else in the bed with him."

"Luhan isnt allowed in the kitchen, and I do all the cooking for dinner- but neither of us can make sweets that aren't ice cream in a bowl."

"Minseok is a morning person who loves his coffee, and I'm a night person that can't live without bubble tea."

"And I... fit in this?" Sehun finally interrupted, his voice still giving way to insecurities 

Luhan smiled at this, "Are you a cuddler?" Sehun nodded slowly.

"Do you like sleeping next to someone?" Minseok offered up next- to which Sehun gave another slow nod.

"How are you with making food?" Luhan questioned, his eyes glittering once again, only this time it shows something akin to joy- at least, in Sehun's opinion.

"I can only make sweets." He admitted, his voice gaining a little bit of strength.

"Coffee?" Minseok threw out just as quickly as it was answered only for Luhan to tack on the alternative a second later.

"Or bubble tea?"

Sehun paused as he looked down at all of their hands twined together in his lap, "Both. I like both. Coffee wakes me up in the morning and bubble tea makes a long day feel just a little bit brighter."

"We can hold off on putting an actual title to anything, but won't you spend some time with us and figure it out together?" MinseOK offered, gently squeezing Sehun's hand in his own.

"We won't pressure you, and we will still help you with your Mandarin." Luhan added, doing an identical squeeze to Sehun's other hand.

"So... as soulmates... we'll be working on..."

"Us." Minseok and Luhan finished for him. When Sehun looked up, he saw a fond smile on both of their lips.

He may have been running away from such a fate when in South Korea, but now that he's facing what it meant to have a name on your wrist in China; Sehun couldn't help but feel like this was where he was supposed to be- even if the situation was a little different from what anyone would have anticipated.

~*~*~

"Sehun! What did I just see on your wrist?!" Jongin yelled across the video chat, his eyes widening. "Did you find them?" Jongin turned to face off screen, "Soo! Hunnie has his soulmate!"

There was a garbled off-screen reply before Kyungsoo's face was pressed into the screen. "Let me see!"

"I... well..." Sehun glanced to the other side of the room and shared a look with Minseok and Luhan who were sitting on the couch. Sehun had all but moved in with the two of them and they had easily meshed together. It had only been two months since they met, and theye had only officially become his boyfriends two weeks ago, but he felt ready to show them to Jongin, he just need their approval.

Without a word, Minseok stood up and pulled Luhan with him, both of them flanking Shun and leaning into the camera's view. "Hello there, you must be Jongin and Kyungsoo. I'm Minseok."

"And I'm Luhan. We're both Hunnie's soulmates." 

There's a yell and the camera for Jongin's end goes wonky for a minute before settling on Jongin and what appeared to be his ceiling. "Soo! You nearly broke it!"

"How is there two?" Came Kyungsoo's only response to Jongin's whine.

"It's legitimate." Minseok spoke over Jongin's attempted response. Sharing a look, Minseok, Sehun, and Luhan all revealed their wrist.

"And it works." Luhan easily volunteered.

"Nini, Kyungsoo hyung, they balance me." He admitted, the words bringing silence to everyone in the video chat before the screen went mostly black.

"I knew you'd find someone to make you happy!" Being the only hint to Sehun that Jongin had most likely hugged the computer- and the thwack he heard was the only evidence he needed to know that Kyungsoo had (gently) backhanded Jongin's arm for hugging the laptop (again).

"Technically it's not just someone. There's two someones." Luhan cheerily interjected- just in time for Minseok to backhand Luhan's arm, leaving Sehun to laugh quietly in the middle of it all.

It takes a moment, but when Sehun finally calms down his laughter, he looks into the camera as he admits out loud, "I really am happy though, maybe I had this whole soulmate thing wrong when I was back there... I don't think I've ever felt this complete before." Sehun admitted to Jongin, a shy smile on his face. "Thanks for all of your support guys."

"I hate to cut your chat short, but do you mind if we steal Hunnie back for a bit, Jongin and Kyungsoo?" Minseok asked, offering a deceptively sweet smile.

"No, no! We can chat on Sunday! Bye Sehun!" Kyungsoo interjected, giving Jongin barely enough time to say goodbye as well before Luhan shut the laptop and Minseok set it aside.

"Now, why don't we spend some time together in a way you can't with your friends?" Luhan offered, a lecherous smirk on his lips.

"After all, there's something we've been wanting to do with you and what better time than our two month anniversary?"