ONE

Sweet Trainwreck

“jun, can you cover for me tonight?”

“sure. Got a date tonight huh wonwoo? Lucky you” jun said and nudged my shoulder.

“yeah. mingyu promise to take me to romantic dinner for our anniversary” 

 

That day I smiled a lot. Even jun said my face was glowing. We talked about mingyu’s plan for our anniversary. How I can’t wait to go home and just get ready waiting to be picked by him. While we were talking, my phone rang with mingyu’s name popped up on it.

“speaking about the devil” jun smirked and left me alone. I guess he just didn’t want to puke from our cheesiness.

 

I picked up the phone. “hi babe, why are you calling me?” 

“hi love, what? Can’t I call the love of my life out of nowhere?”

 yup I was glad jun's gone already. Because I curled up out of cringe because of mingyu. 

“geez, what has gotten into you”

“I just miss you” I can felt his smile even though I can’t see his face. even after all these year he still able to gave me all butterfly, making me nausea.

“what did you do? Did you burn the house again?” I .

“you’re so mean. I really do miss you. And beside I’m not even at home. I’m at that pledis building next to our first date place

“ah I know that one. What are you doing there?”

“secret. Did you watch any news today?”

“umm no. we’ve been pretty busy today”

“good. Too much bad news anyway”

“so are you going to say something important or what? Because I still have works”

“talk with me for a couple minutes first. I’m important right?”he said with an aegyo.

“yeah yeah. I’ll listen to you today” I can’t really reject mingyu after all.

“wonwoo”

“hmm”

“do you love me?”

“really? We’ve been  together for 4 years. Of course I love you. If not, I can’t tolerate all your stupidness”

“that’s true” he chuckled. “you know I love you right”

“I don’t know, aside from you reminding me that every 1 hours. I can’t really tell”

“I guess I’m just not showing you enough.  I mean I always thingking of you. Well maybe not always. I have a life too you know.”

“really?” I raised one of my eyebrow.

“no I’m kidding love. You’re the only thing in my head. Even right now.”

“yes I know you love me, you idiot.”

“do you remember the first time that we met?”

 

I Sat my self on the chair next to me, because I know this is  going to be a long story.

 

“still clear in my head. 4 years ago I was at the park. You were playing basketball with your friends. Somehow you got distracted and got hit by a ball? You got huge bloody nose and you came up to me after the game and said ‘I was distracted by you’ with blood all over your face and jersey. “  why am I dating this idiot.

“great memory indeed.”

“you looked horrible that time.” But he still looked hella fine though.

“we all have our weak moment. Can I tell you the truth?”

“didn’t you always telling me the true? Or did you?”

“actually that time. It was a bet. Seungcheol told me that he’d give me 10 bucks if I ask you out with my broken nose. And you said yes. BUT that’s not the only reason. I already got my eye on you, you see. You were really really cute in your round specs, your green oversized sweater with your sweater paws reading me before you that you always talk about. Drowning in your own world. And I didn’t have the gut to said hi. So the bet was more like just an extra boost for me?” he sound guilty. But he shouldn’t

“did you think I’m going to be upset for this. It doesn’t matter how it started. Well I guess that’s mean we should thank seungcheol. I still love you the same”

“but that time I didn’t really think you were gonna said yes. I didn’t even imagine to be with you until now. Turns out I love you more than I originally planned”

“and you got me hooked on this sweet train wreck”

 “that’s true. Wonwoo, I have another confession”  oh god why do I have a bad feeling.

“did you found another person? Is this why you’re telling me all of this?”

“what god no. I told you, you’re the only one for me. I can’t even spend a single day without talking to you. How can I find someone else. I love you too much to do that. And you can say I’m saying all of this because I see a couple in front of me holding hands”

“yah how can you be jealous in this broad day light. so what is it?” I took a deep breath. This is just usual mingyu with his greasiness

“remember that time you asked me what is my favourite color and I told you to guess?”

“yeah”

“do you remember what’s my favourite color?”

“yellow. I remember I guessed it right the first try. And you told me we have connection” I laughed. it was a great memory. Our 3rd date on soonyoung’s café.

“actually that time, I didn’t even have a favourite color until you yelled out yellow.”

“then why were you told me I was right?”

“You were so excited and smiling like a little kid so I told you, you were right And I haven’t seen yellow the same since. it’s in everything I could probably live in it now. That’s the kind of effect you have in me jeon wonwoo”

“why are you telling me this”  I played with my finger. Imagining him that he’s in front of me.

“it’s our 4th year anniversary. I just want to tell you all of this ”

“ well. thank you for telling the truth”

“I wish you were here so I can kiss you”

“yeah me too. I really miss you”

“talking about kisses, did you know I really love your non-lip kisses. You’re a shy person. But you really like to showering me with that”

“oh I thought your favourite would be our make out session”

“yeah I know. I really like that one too. Your lips got me addicted. but i just love the way you absentmindedly kissing the back of my palm as we hold hands. Chaste forehead kisses ad brushes against cheek. Silly boop on the nose. Kissing fluttering eyelashes. Neck kisses that barely touch skin but are no less passionate. Kisses on collar bones or exposed tummies. Sloppy kisses at the corner of my mouth. The way you kiss my each and every fingertip with a delicate touch”

“now I want to kiss you so bad. Thanks a lot” I flopped my head down. My face got all red because of that. I didn’t think I did all of that a lot. And it got me flustered.

“I’ll send you a kiss from here.”

“yeah right. Cause I can kiss an air. Come back home soon”

“have you had lunch?”

“yeah”

“you’re not lying to me right”

“yes mother. Jun ate with me”

“I’m sorry. You know I’ve always been worry about your eating habit. Especially since you went hospitalized for acute gastritis.”

“mingyu. It’s been years since that time”

“That time I was really horrified.  I was scared you were going to leave me. I can’t imagine  living my life without you.”

“mingyu I’m still here you know.”  He’s always like this. Can’t stop being worry wart

“I know. But I’m still worry. Like will you eat properly when I’m not around and stuff like that”

“of course I do.  And jun always threatening me that he’d tell you if I skip my meal. And I know you’d cry if you know I skip my meal”

“jun is a good guy”

“yes he is”

“wonwoo”

“mingyu”

“hypothetically speaking , IF  my boss sent me to work in other country for 1 year, what will you do.”

He made sure to stressed out that if.

“ hypothetically, I’d get sad of course. But I know you work for us. I just need to it up and support you. But I’ll miss your food. Yours always the best. Ah but really, I don’t think I can’t do anything right without you. “     I’m getting worry. I was scared that his boss really going to send him for a long time.

“that’s not good wonwoo, you need to learn to do everything alone.”

“let’s just worry about it when the time comes. Remember, you promise to pick me up at 5”

“I made a lot of promises didn’t I. I remember when we were on our 5th date, and I promise you that I’d make you cheesecake and I still haven’t able to fulfil that one.”

“ah that’s right, I forgot about that.”

“I also promise to marry you in the same park the first time we met.”

“but you have some fulfilled promise you know. Like that one about kissing me in the rain. Thank you for making my romance fantasy alive.” he laughed. but it sounds different. 

 "We’ve gone through a lot  didn’t we?”

“but we make it happy right”

“right.” mingyu’s voice getting smaller. “wonwoo, will you forgive all of my mistake, even my worst one?”

“depends, did you kill someone?”

“no”

“I guess I can.”

“you’ll even forgive me for not being able to fulfil all of our promises?”

“as long as you’re with me, I’ll be okay”

“wonwoo”

“yes mingyu”

“tell me you love me”

“how many times must I say it until you satisfy”

“just say it”

“I love you”

“again”

“I love you”

“again wonwoo” he was acting like he’d never hear my voice again.

“I love you kim mingyu, even though it was just from a bet. You are still the best thing that happen to me. you gave me so many butterfly to the point I can’t breath anymore. You’re the source of my happiness and my sorrow. You are the person I want to grow old with. You are… my everything. i’d say it again and again until you understand that I love you with all my heart.”

And before I knew it, I started to cry.

“sshhh why are you crying. Are you love me that much that you can’t control your tears”

“shut up, and I don’t know. You make me miss you so much. Come back home soon. Let’s just cuddle and forget about our dinner”

“that’s sound really inviting”

“that’s why you must come home alright”

“I want to hear it again. The I love you”

 

he did it again. He never answer when I asked him to come home.  I was shaking.  My heart was beating so fast.

 

“I love you kim mingyu”

“I love you jeon wonwoo. Thank you and I’m sorry.”

“for what?”

“for everything.”

“what do you mean. You keep saying weird thing. You better explain”

“I’m afraid I can’t talk anymore right now”

“because your business?”

“sort of. I love you wonwoo. Just remember that. You are the reason I can live this long happy life. But I’m sorry I need to go. Please forgive me, love.”

 

With that the call got cut off. And I was just stood there dumbfounded in panic. What is actually happening. Why did he never answer when I told him to come home? Is he not going back. Oh god. I kept on calling him again, it didn’t get through.

 “did you hear that pledis building is on fire right now”   I heard seungcheol talked with jun. no no no that is not the same building mingyu went to.

I ran to seungcheol and shook his shoulder asking where did he get that info and he told me that it’s from the news. I took the tv remote at the office. My hand still shaking. I couldn’t do this.

“what’s wrong wonwoo?  Why are you like this” jun looked at me in confusion.

“jun, mingyu. Mingyu is” I can’t even talked right. My throat can’t even said anything.

“what is wrong with mingyu wonwoo?”

“he told me he was in that building.”

“what”

he took the remote from my hands and turn on the tv. Looking for the news, in a flash he found it.

 

BREAKING NEWS
Fire on pledis building cause panic in this distric. Police assume that the source of this fire is from malfungtion electricity. 10 people found dead and 13 people in severe wounds.

 

I fell on my knee. No that can’t be right. There’s no way mingyu was in the same building. The building shows in tv already eaten by fire. Firefighter brought dead body out. And people  crying their heart out. I kept on talking to my self that mingyu was alright. He can’t be hurt or anything.

“wonwoo are you okay” jun’s voive was low.

“I’m okay jun. there’s a possibility that mingyu is not even there. he just talked to me  5 minutes ago. He told me he love me jun. there’s no way he’s dying right?” I said with tears in my eyes. 

“wonwoo i-“

“RIGHT JUN??” I screamed and cried at jun. I still don’t want to accept this. Not until I can hear it my self.

 

Jun tried to calmed my self. It worked. Until I got a call. They told me that they got my number from his speed dial and they want me to come to make sure the identity of the dead body. After that call i just felt so empty. Like they just the source of my energy, I collapsed and fell on the floor. Everything just went blank.

 


AUTHOUR'S NOTE:
AYEE WASSUP.
PLEASE DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBES.
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS. 
PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR KILLING MINGYU
I JUST READ A FANFIC WHICH END UP WONWOO BEING DEAD. SO I GUESS I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO BE LONELY UP THERE.
OKAY IT MAKES NO SENSE.