Reminisce

Unforgettable Past

(Jessica POV)

 

-flashback- 
 
"Hi! My name's Jessica... jung. I came from the United states, but my dad wants me to fly to Korea so.. Hello! I'm new here. Let's be friends." I greeted everyone at the class, in a cute way, waving at them and bowed. 

 

"Okay Jessica, you can sit there." The teacher said, pointing to the vacant seat at the back. 

 

"Thank you so much." I bowed at the teacher, went to my seat and sat down.

 

Everyone's staring at me and i felt so much embarassment, new faces, new school.. so i just ignored them and only staring at the teacher. 

This is the first day of class, and my first time in Korea. Well i'm wearing glasses and my hair's long and blonde. 

Then a bunch of guys came in and directly walks to their seats without greeting the teacher. 
The time suddenly stopped when i stared at one of the guys, and he was staring back at me too, and that was the first time i fell in love at first sight, never felt like this before, my heart beats fast, and i'm so really attracted to that guy..

He suddenly smiled, and so i smiled back, he's also wearing glasses, his hair's messed up, and he looks so cool.

I've been staring at him the whole time until the teacher dismissed the class. 

 

/while in the cafeteria/ 

"Hi!" A girl approached me, "You're Jessica, right? The transferee?" 
I nodded to her question.

 

"I'm Tiffany, i came from United States too. Nice to meet you!" She introduced herself to me, and we shook hands.

 

"Nice to meet you too." I gave her a cute smile and she suddenly grabbed my hand.

 

"Let's go eat together~" and she pulled my hand and walked together to a vacant table in the cafeteria.

 

She is my first friend in Korea, and we became best friends, we always eat together and go home together.
So after a few days, while i was heading to school. I saw the guy with the glasses again, and he was staring at me again, so i smiled.

 

I was about to approach him but then, a girl approached him first and she hugged him. So i stopped and walked away. While i was walking, i heard someone's approaching behind, and he suddenly grabbed my wrist, and it was him again.

 

"We're classmates right?" He smiled.

 

"Ye.. yeah." I smiled back.

 

"Umm.." He suddenly took off his glasses. He looked so cute and handsome, and my heart keeps on beating fast. "I'm Lee Donghae. You can call me by my first name, Donghae, or Hae instead." He grins. "And you are.. Jessica? Am i right?"

 

"Yep." I smiled softly.

 

"Can we be friends? Can i get your phone number?" He fished his phone, and handed it to me. So i saved my number in his contacts.

 

"Here." I gave him his phone back. "Sure. We're friends from now on." I gave him a warm smile.

 

"Thank you! See ya!" And he ran off.

 

And starting this day, we became textmates, we always talk on the phone.

"You look even more beautiful when you smile, so if you're feeling sad, just call me and i'll be there. ^_^" -His text message.
And so i blushed too much, but until now, i haven't ask him about the girl yet. Its been weeks since that day.

 

-text conversation-

"Hmmm. Can i ask you something oppa?"

 

"What is it sica?"

 

"Who's the lucky girl that is always approaching you and giving you a hug?"

 

"You jealous? Kekeke."

 

"Why should i? Pfft! I was just asking."

 

"Well she's my little sister, and her name's Sulli, she always do that when we're at school~"

 

"Oh! So you have a sister! That's nice. What a sweet and lovely sister."

 

"But she always become evil when we got home. Hahaha!" 

 

"Really? Well i also have a little sister but she chose to stay in US :)" 

 

"Wow! We have so much similarities, aren't we really meant to be!? Haha. Just kidding."

 

"Pabo ya. I'll go to sleep now. Jaljayo!"

 

-end-  

 

And that's really the start and officially fell in love, 
Until then suddenly, there was something happened in his family, and the first time i saw him crying really hard. 

 

Sulli and his dad flied to Japan and been gone for few weeks.

when they were about to come back to Korea, the airplane crashed over the sea and they were nowhere to be found,  

They've been searching for them for a month but no sign of their bodies.

 

Donghae's been depressed ever since. He never come to school, been in his room for weeks.

but i'm still here by his side, i still talk to him even though he don't reply. Always forcing him to get up.

Until the time he finally accepted everything and he went back to himself again. But everytime i look at his eyes, he's still hurt, but he's trying to be strong.

And after a few months

 

/While walking/

"Thank you sica, for being there for me. For taking care someone like me. Thank you so much." We stopped walking and he hugged me so tight. 

 

"No problem.. Always smile okay? There will be no happy fish if you don't~' I said, tapping his back.  "You can hit me if you want to. Just to make you feel better~"

 

"You silly. I'm not like that, and why should i hit a beautiful girl like you?" He smiled.

 

"No beautiful, just girl!" 

 

"Stop being humble will ya?" 

 

"And why!?" (fading out)

 

And that's the start of our friendship, we've been always together.. 

And i still remember the time when he unexpectedly confessed his love, and it was really my first unforgettable moment in my whole life. 

When the graduation is almost over, The principal called Donghae for his farewell speech and i didn't know he's a part of the chosen students' speech.

I was so shocked that time because everyone's staring at me and i was like, did i do something wrong? 

 

"Mic test.. mic test.." Donghae, practicing his voice on the mic. 

 

"So.. I don't know what to say but.. i just can't believe we're all now graduated and i didn't expect this to be happen in my life. I'm known here in school as the badass boy." Everyone laughs and he did too. "I'm a lazy and very naughty guy.. but when i met someone, my life has been changed.. because of her." He stared at me and smiled, 

 

"Oww Sica.. you got him bestie! You ruled the world!" Tiffany whispered, elbowing me. 
I don't know what is happening back then.. and even my best friend, not sayin' even a single word. 

 

"Jessica!" Donghae, shouted my name on the mic. "I don't know how and where i should start but.. it was you who changed my dark blue sky into a rainbow." He stepped down from the stage. "I like you... or should i say, i... love you, Jessica jung."

 

I was so damn surprised and i don't know what to react, what to feel. I don't know he feel the same. I rubbed my eyes several times, thinking this is just a dream or an imagination but i can't believe this is reality.
 
As he approached me, pulled me into the center and he was standing very cute, infront of me ofcourse, "Jessica... can you.. be my.. girlfriend?" He kneeled down, giving me a bunch of roses. And our schoolmates stepped into the stage and showed a huge banner sayin': 'Can you be my girlfriend?' on it.

 

"I know you're the one, you're the right person for me." He looked away. "This is so embarassing but... sorry if i'm so shy at things at like hehe.." he said, cutely, with his pinkish face, 

 

"You can do it Donghae!!!" A friend of him, shouted proudly. 

I'm still surprised, with my widened and teary eyes. As he hold my hand and kissed it softly. "Do you.." he looked at me. "Feel the same way, too?" 

And i just nodded to his question, and my tears were now falling, and i can't stop smiling, with my mixed emotions, i don't know what i should say first.

 

"So.. is it a yes? Or a... no?" He asked, 

 

Everyone became so quiet and waiting for my answer. 

I paused for a moment while staring at his eyes.

Until i said

 

"Yes! I wanna be your girlfriend, oppa!!" I answered, with excitement.

 

And he turned to be so cheerful and screaming "yes! Finally!! Finally!!!" 

I covered my face and started to burst into tears. 

 

He then hugged me so tight. 

"Thank youu! Thank youu!!" Donghae, thanking so happily while sobbing. 

 

And that's how our story started.

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

"And that's it. I know i always tell this to you guys ever since. Hhahaha." I said to my dongsaengs. Listening to my story again. 

 

"You two really looked so cute unniee." Seohyun, "i still blushed to your love story unnie hihi~" 

 

"Yeah! And i remember the time when Donghae oppa introduced his self to us. Hahaha!!" Yoona, said loudly with her alligator mouth open again. 

 

"Yet i'm so thankful. Its because of you, i met Sungmin oppa." Sunny daydreaming again.

 

"Oh memories. If only i could turn back that time." I said, and sighed. 

 

"Where's tiffany unnie anyway?" Seohyun asked.

 

"When i came back to US. She's still with my little sister there. Actually they really want me to go back here again, they already knew about the situation.." i explained, and looked down.

 

"Its okay unnie." Yoona, taps my back. "At least you have us here. We're here to protect you from villains!" She said, in a cute voice.

 

"Just give Donghae oppa some space now sicachu. And everything will be back to normal again." Sunny, comforting me. 

 

"Thank you girls." I smiled at them and we continued chatting until the end of the day.


 

Hi again guys! Again, sorry for not updating this story but still thank you for subscribing.

Been too busy because of school works, sorry!

But i'll try to update as soon as possible.