➤Four

Just My Luck!

It's her again...

I gaped at her immediately when she turned around in her heels. We were both lost for words. The fact that we met once again was quite bizarre for me. Of all places, I had to run into her here- in an elevator that suddenly stopped working. Is it me or does trouble just seems to follow her? 

"Minho!" She yelped, pointing at me with her index finger in horror. She was surrogating as if I was some ghost or something.

"Oh God, were you following me?" Being annoyed, I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing as I roll my eyes. 

"Following you!?? Why would I be following you?" She argued before smacking her teeth. Perhaps I was thinking too highly of myself but I just didn't understand why I had to be stuck with this girl in this damn elevator. An elevator of all places! If there's one thing I hate it's small places, and this elevator was definitely small. I felt suffocated, but it was better than being stuck in this damn place with no lights. 

"If you weren't following me then what possible reason would you be here?" I questioned her. Judging by the way she was dressed it seemed like she worked here, but that was hard for me to believe. A ridiculous clumsy girl working here as a sophisticated writer seemed quite comical to me. I even chortled among myself at the thought. But then, Jisoo crossed my mind. 

That silly bastard.

That silly bastard had no inch of responsibility in him, he still probably doesn't have it up to now. He's never serious, always bantering, and he always seems to get not only himself in silly situations but the both of us. 

That silly bastard is one of my biggest headaches - but my best friend as well. So if he's working as a "sophisticated" writer here then I shouldn't be surprise if she was too. 

"A job interview-" She cried. 

"But it looks like I'm not going to make it." She sighed, banging her head repeatedly on the elevator door. Then the next thing you know she started sobbing. I'm just here wondering what situation I got myself into. I only came here to visit a friend and it leads me to being stuck in this tight space with some crying girl that seems to love nothing but to hurt herself. 

This girl is practically insane. And if somebody said she wasn't, I would have to smack some sense into that person. Why wouldn't she be insane when the first time I met her she tried to kill herself? Then the second time we met,  she's smacking herself ridiculously hard. And now she's trying another method on how to injure herself.

Aish.. I've had enough. I need to get out of here. 

I pulled out my phone to see if I was lucky enough to have any reception. Too bad I wasn't. 

"Why me!" 

"Why me!" 

"Why me!" 

She cried repeatedly. All I could do was irritatingly watch her as she continued to bang her forehead against the hard, steel door. Her head was gradually bruising up. 

"There has to be a way to get out of here!" She squealed, pressing down all the buttons on the elevator. When she found out that wasn't making any difference, she knocked extremely hard on the doors. She was so violent with it to the point were I feared that the elevator would just collapse. 

"Yah!" I roared.

"Stop that or you'll make the situation worse." 

The idiot wouldn't listen to a word I was saying. She continued to be stubborn. I gripped unto her waist to depart her from the doors, but I was too late. Instead of the elevator collapsing, the lights completely shut off - cruelly leaving us with nothing but pitch darkness.

"Great!" I howled. My worse nightmare just happened. I could take the tight space, the heat in the elevator, but the darkness was a whole other level I did not want to be included in. And it was all her fault! I inhaled and exhaled, keeping my cool when all of a sudden I felt my arm being hugged on. What now? It's already tight in this place and here she was - making matters even worse. 

I pushed her off my arm and she found her way back to me, crying as she does so. I just repeated my action and she came back crawling like a lost puppy. 

"What the now!?" My roar startled her. It just caused her to mourn more.

"I-I'm scared.." She whined. Judging by her actions, it seemed like she was scared of the dark. I couldn't help but let her lean on my shoulder. It was aggravating. I pulled out my phone once again and the flash light. The beam of light made it easier for not only her but for me to coupe with. I looked down at the weeping girl, her face was drenched with tears just like the sleeve to my shirt was. I don't know why I felt a pinch of sympathy - after all, she's the one who got us into this situation. 

"Thank you" Her soft voice spoke. In that 'thank you' I heard gratitude and sincerity - it was probably the only humane thing she had ever said since I've met her. In that  moment I didn't see her as some insane woman, I saw her as a normal person who needed comfort. Aish.. I think being in this tight, humid place is driving me crazy! I popped off a few buttons on my shirt because this heat was slowly killing me. And just when I thought she was being normal she erupted like some dangerous volcano. 

"What do you think you're doing!!?" She hugged herself tightly - basically hiding her body from me as if I'd ever touch her. "It's hot-" "Doesn't mean you should take your clothes off!" She slid to the other side of the elevator, being far from my reach. 

"Don't misunderstand things. Do you think I'd want to have anything to do with you?" That statement really had her thinking. She finally came to her senses and chortled. It seemed pretty bitter to me - I'm talking about her chuckle.

"You're right. You'd definitely want nothing to do with me.." She stared off into space. Her facial expression was a bit gloomy. Her eyes were coupled with loss and helplessness and her lips nearly creased into a smile. This time I didn't feel any sympathy, I was just elated that she knew I wouldn't want to be involved with her in any type of way or form. It'd be really nice if I didn't set my orbs on her or her stupidity again. 

"Glad you know." I scoffed, sliding down unto the ground. I was getting weak. It's hot, dark, and not to mention I was the epitome of dehydration.  I could no longer stand anymore, and she couldn't as well. We both sat on the floor, leaning our heads on the barrier of the elevator. This was by far the worse incident I've ever been involved in. I sighed, hoping to see those doors open as I drifted into sleep. 

 

"Huh..?" I woke up with a heavy weight on my shoulder. I look over to my side to see no other but the insane woman, fast asleep. Damn she was worse than Jisoo.. "What another headache."

"Are you guys okay in there?" The voice was coming from the speakers in the elevator. How happy was I to hear some one else's voice other than mine or hers. 

"Yes-" I looked over to her again, she seemed to be dreaming since she had this little simper across her face. Surprisingly, she  looked normal and harmless. 

"We're okay. Just hurry up and get us out of here." 

"We're working on it!"

It wasn't long before they started working on the elevator. It was funny because through out all the commotion the girl was still asleep. And for some strange reason I was tolerating it - well that was when she started to drool on my attire. 

"!" I roared as I pushed her off my shoulder. The sudden action startled her, forcing her to awake from her slumber. She had this confused expression across her face - seemed like she was lost and had forgotten that she's trapped in this prison. 

"First you soak my attire with your tears." I was heated up - and not because it was hot in this elevator. The girl knew I was pissed, she could tell by the tone of my voice. 

"And now it's soaked again with your slobber." I got up, causing her to get up as well to bow apologetically. "I'm so-" "I don't accept apologies." I brought out my hand, shoving it in her face. 

"Because of you my shirt is spoiled. Give me money to get a new one." I demanded. She must've thought I was pulling her leg due to her chuckle, but I was damn serious. I mean, this shirt is one of my expensive possessions - and she ruined it. 

"Y-You can just wash it! You got to be kidding me!?" 

"I kid you not. This shirt is high quality. If I wash it carelessly it'll wear out." "Then take it to the dry cleaners or something!" She debated. There was no way I was letting her win this debate either. 

"And that's why I need the money to take it there." Well, that definitely shut her up. I shoved my hand in her face once more. "I'm waiting.." I impatiently said, tapping my foot as I waited for the money to be put in my palm. She searched in her bag. No money. Her wallet? No money. And then her pockets..no money - well, she found two dollars but what could that do? Might as well put it in the no money category. 

"H-here! This is all I got!" She bowed her head in defeat as she put the change in my hand. What type of person doesn't carry enough money around? Her IQ was definitely low wasn't it?

We both jumped at the abrupt cacophony that the working men made as they finally opened the elevator doors. The fresh air that burst through the finally opened doors were almost as refreshing as mother nature's oxygen. I looked back at the girl, throwing the money at her. "Keep it." 

I walked out the elevator doors - and it felt like I was some prisoner that finally got released. The girl walked out behind me. 

"Ah, aren't you Mr. Lee from the L.E.E Fashion Industry?" The random man recognized me. I'm guessing he's the head director of this magazine enterprise. I nodded at the stranger before replying. "I prefer being called Minho."

"Then Minho, what brings you here!? And who's this girl? Did you two come to-"

"No!" We both roared in unison. The last thing I'd want is for people to think I know this girl. "I only came for an interview sir, but I got trapped in this elevator." She spoke - the tone of her voice was filled with woe and affliction.

"And I only came here to visit a friend, Nam Jisoo." I spoke after.

"Mr. Nam should be down the hall. And young lady, what is your name?" He asked the girl as  I bowed my head - thanking the man before I walked off. I could still hear them converse. 

"Shin Hye. Park Shin Hye!" So that was her name? I literally forgot. 

"Well Park Shin Hye, consider this your lucky day! I'm terribly sorry that you and Mr. Minho had to go through this horror. Because of that, I'm automatically giving you the job! Congratulations. Why don't we talk business in my office? By the way I'm Gangjeon. The C.E.O of this enterprise." How generous was the man - no wonder Jisoo works here. If it was me, I wouldn't have hired him, as well as Shin Hye. If he keeps hiring ridiculous people as such his business might actually go down the drain. 

"Foolish people these days." I murmured unto myself when that annoying voice interrupted my thoughts. 

"Minho!" I turned around, seeing Shin Hye race after me. What now..?

"Thank you!" She squealed, the corner of her eyes carried a droplet of water - ready to run but not quite. She embraced me with this huge grin on her face. All I did was to stand there - frozen at the her actions before she pulled away. 

"D-Don't be ridiculous! What is there to thank for!?" 

"I got a job because of you!" She flashed a bright smile at me. Before I could respond she had all ready left to go back to have that talk with the Mr. Gangjeon guy - leaving me with this puzzled look on my face. I just can't get this girl. Instead of thanking Mr. Gangjeon she thanked me - why? Ah.. this. I rather forget about everything that just happened today than hurt my head trying to figure things out. What a deja vu moment..

I walked off to Jisoo's office with a cleared and collected mind - which didn't last long because the minute I saw Jisoo I told him everything. And I mean everything. 

 

"Will you get off me now?" I rolled my eyes as I begged him for the third time. He was suffocatingly clingy - hugging me tightly. 

"I'm sorry! I'm just so happy to see you. It's been years." He said as he nuzzled unto me some more. He was right though, it has been years. The last time I came to Korea was when I was 19 years. Jisoo and I had been best friends since I was 7, but we departed ever since my father began to build his fashion industry in America. Since then, I've been visiting Korea but that all stopped when my mother died. Other than Jisoo,  I had no other reason to visit Korea once she was gone for good. Since her death, I focused on the family business - working hard to get where I wanted to be. And where I want to be is seated on the CEO throne of the L.E.E Industry. Other than working hard to achieve my goal, nothing else seemed important to me - not even food. 

"Yah.. Minho, what brings you here exactly!? I know I'm attractive and quite irresistible but I doubt that's the reason why you're here in Korea." Jisoo wondered. He knew I wouldn't have returned to Korea unless it was for a good purpose. To him, a good purpose would probably be my mother rising from her grave. With the things he thinks about, I wouldn't be surprise if he thought that was the reason why I was here.  

"Father thought it was about time for somebody to take the title of CEO of his company here in Korea." I answered his question. He gawked, suddenly attacking me with questions and gripping unto my arm tightly. 

"He gave you his company!!?? "

"You're CEO now? You're in charge?"

"How- How did this happen? He just gave it to you? Your step mom allowed it?"

" She must be pissed huh?"

" Hold up - wait! This means you're going to be living in Korea now!? This is great news!" He just rambled on and on, giving himself no chance to breathe between his on going words. 

"Can you ask one damn question at a time!? Aish.. No the position is not given to me yet. I have to work for it which is why I came back. You know how I'm not that man's only son. He's basically having us compete for the position. And the theme is Korean culture, so I thought where else can you spring great ideas for the Korean clothing line other than Korea? " I explained. Coming to Korea was something I didn't want to do, but had to. If I was going to make the best clothing line for this theme and win, I knew I had to come here. And plus, there's this specific clothing store that I used to visit back when I used to come down to Korea. The designer had the best hanboks and I thought I could learn from her as an intern. I just hope the store was still there - and that the designer was still breathing of course. 

"Remember that shop that sold the hanboks I admired?" I questioned Jisoo. He was the worst with memory but I was praying he at least remembered the shop. 

"Hm..that small boutique? I believe it was call the Lee Hwa or was it Lee Ji traditional wear?" 

"Yes! The Lee Ji Traditional Wear boutique! Can you take me there if you remember the place?" I was overjoyed at the fact that Jisoo remembered the boutique. Of all things he could've remembered, he remembered this. God, I was relieved. 

"Of course I remember where, but I haven't been there since you left for the states, so I'm not sure if the boutique still exist. We can check now! I'm on my break." 

I smiled at Jisoo. For once he made me proud to call him my best friend. We immediately left the building and head for the boutique to find the designer of the attires I adored so much. 

 

.:**:.☆*.:。.✿

We arrived..but my heart dropped. The old boutique was no longer there. I capered out the car, running to the closed down boutique - pulling on the doors to see if they'd open - they didn't. 

"No! No! No! This was my only hope!" I frustratingly whined. Jisoo just stood quietly behind, watching me in my distress. I haven't been this upset since my mother died. My future was depended on this boutique - well, that's what I thought. I never thought my designs were perfect. No matter how hard I tried, I felt like they were never good enough. This designer would have definitely helped me out big time. I was hoping to learn a few things from her. 

"I'm sorry Minho.." Jisoo voiced. Sorry doesn't cut it though - I hate apologies. 

Just when I was about to head back to the car some random guy stopped me. He was definitely heaven sent. 

"Are you looking for that old lady who used to sell the hanboks here?" The stranger questioned. I restlessly nodded my head.

"I know where she lives at, I can give you headdress. I used to work for her as her houseboy back in the days." The man chuckled as he wrote down the address for me. He handed the piece of paper in my palm before giving me one important information. 

"She's not a fan of strangers - or people. So if you need something from her you need to be on her good side. Good luck!" The kind stranger grinned at me. Jisoo and I thanked him before he could walk away. His last words were 'Don't sweat it!'

Jisoo and I wasted no time to get to that destination. The address led us to an apartment - an old one too. I walked into the apartment building, looking for the designer I admired from a far. Her neighbors said she had just left for the country side and won't be back until two weeks - two damn weeks. What to do--?  

First the stranger warns me about how she doesn't like people in general and now she's not around for me to get to know her? This was just getting really irritating - and I don't have the time to waste. But I did notice that there was an empty apartment three doors down her own apartment. Call me crazy for this idea-- but I was out of options. 

"Jisoo..what if I choose to move in here?" 

"Are you crazy? Don't you have your mother house to live in while you're here in Korea?" Jisoo clamored. He thought it was a waste for me to move in such an old apartment when my mother has this nice house my father provided for her. But I didn't only want to move in to get on the designer's good side - I also needed to get out of that house. That house was filled with nothing but painful memories that I badly want to forget. 

"Yeah..but once I move in I'll gradually get on that woman's good side. I'll start of as a new neighbor to a person who's just curious about her work. What do you say!?" I don't know what Jisoo was thinking but I was proud of myself for this great idea. I thought he was going to disagree but he said something completely far from what I thought he'd say. 

"Minho...Let's move in together! We can have matching tooth brushes and night wear and even share the same bed!" He had this giddy look on his face. I didn't think he was serious , but by the way he was acting and literally day dreaming - I knew he was dead serious. I can't even be in the same car with this man and he's talking about sharing the same place!? Hell no. 

" no." I answered, walking off. Jisoo just clung unto me, crying 'Why Minho!" repeatedly. Damn this man was annoying. He reminded me of that Shin Hye girl. All I did was ignore him as he continuously cried. 

With the pain in the clinging unto me, I managed to speak to the landlord about the apartment. I'm wasting no damn time! I have to move in before anybody can. 


Author'sNote: 

Alright guys!!! Finally updated. I'm sorry it's been a while. I'm about to move into uni so I've been busy getting ready for it - and I'm moving in tomorrow so wish me good luck! This chapter is kinda boring - but the story is only getting better. Please be patient guys! Thanks for reading xD