➤One

Just My Luck!


It was an undesirable, cold autumn night. Although it was cold as hell, somehow I managed to sleep comfortably as if I was a newborn in it's mother's arms. The alarm still hadn't rung, but no worries because that meant more sleep for me. Though... It does feel like I've slept for more than 8 hours. Hold up! More than 8 hours?! Holy what am I doing asleep??!

Wake up! 

Wake up!

Wake up Park ShinHye! Who am I kidding...this isn't working. 

Eventually, I woke up and glanced at the time. "Of course." It was 12 p.m. Once again Park Shinhye is late for another job interview. I rushed out of bed, falling hard unto the cold, brutal ground while doing so. It probably would've been smarter if I had unraveled  myself out of my comforter before trying to get out of bed. But what the hell, I've never been the smartest pupil in my class anyway.

I stood up from the hard ground as my back decided to act stubborn and ache the heck out of me. I don't know how I got this damn back pain. Did I sleep wrong? Or is it because-- oh yeah the interview. I smacked myself- back to reality,  back to my senses, back to the fact that I'm about 45 minutes late for this job interview.  

I rushed into the bathroom. Took the quickest shower. Brushed my teeth in a fast manner. And threw on some clothes that looked nice for a job interview, well..at least I thought so. I didn't have time to brush my hair....or wear deodorant, but hey, hopefully nobody  notices.

.:**:.☆*.:。.✿

 

"Yah! Yah!" I ululated as I firmly waved at any bus or taxi that passed my way. But they all drove pass me as if I were invisible or a ghost or something. Being ignored wasn't the best feeling, but it didn't matter because I've always been ignored. So it wasn't any news to me. However, this time I couldn't be ignored. I needed a ride and quick. 

"Yah!" 
"Yah!"
"Ya--" Just my luck. Before I knew it, I became drenched with water from head to toe. Some car had to literally drive in some puddle that was supposedly near me. Like...did it even rain last night, let alone this morning? I swear it didn't. But what can I say? The gods of bad luck has struck again.

My submerged attire slowed me down. Being soaking wet like this and walking around felt like I was carrying huge bricks on my back. Not to mention that the wonderful wind of the cold autumn was making anything better. By wonderful, I was being sarcastic. This wind was agony. I could feel myself catching a cold.

Finally, I was able to catch a bus. Too bad nobody paid their own damn business. 

"Omo..Look at that girl!" 

"What is she wearing?"

"How could she leave the house looking like that?" 

"Is it raining!? Is it raining outside!?" 


"Oh ! I don't have an umbrella. What am I gonna do?"

The rambling  voices were provoking my ears as I found my way to the last empty seat in the back. I felt like an runaway model walking down the runway with the amount of attention I was getting from these people. Too bad in reality, I'm just a disgrace parading  down the aisle as I humor the public. 

.:**:.☆*.:。.✿


 

"This is my stop!" I clamored, running out the bus of frustration and humiliation. It felt like I was on the bus forever.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist. "2:15 p.m." Damn I'm so late. What am I doing anyway? I shouldn't have walked out the house in the first place. I was 45 minutes late anyway, so what was I thinking? It's not like I was gonna get the job. 

I walked into the building, looking for the person who had to interview me. 

I really wanted... well needed this job. The pay is not well but it was better than being jobless. They were looking for an editor and I qualified all the qualifications they need in one. Though...it's not what I really want to do. 

My true dream was to become a famous clothing designer--funny right? How can a girl like me with no intelligence or sense of time become a designer? Having those thoughts led me into abandoning that dream not too long ago. Although, I still make my own designs whenever I have spare of time.

"Can I help you?" I snapped out of my thoughts. Before me was this model-looking lady. She had luxurious long hair  that flowed over her shoulders with flawless complexion. Her eyes were framed by long lashes, and I know there's no such thing as perfection but her nose fit the part in my book. Her lips made mine jealous. They were full and seemed saccharine. 

"Hello?" 

Her angelic voice spoke again. This time I was able to reply.

"Oh! I'm Park Shinhye and I'm here for my interview." I nervously spoke as I scratched my nape. Her beauty made me feel like I was insecure my whole life. How can a common person like me speak to a girl like that? "I know I'm kinda late but--" I was interrupted by her derisive laugh.
 
"Are you kidding me? You're here for an interview looking like that? I mean look at your shoes! You're a joke!" I looked around, searching for where that voice could possibly come from. I couldn't believe that this "angel" was talking to me like that. I looked down at my feet, seeing that I was wearing two complete different pair of shoes. Damn I should've taken my time getting ready. 

"I suggest you leave. I'm even embarrassed for you." She laughed as she smugged me. She looked down at me as if I was some damn peasant and she was the almighty queen of the world.

She made me feel worthless as . 
 
"Next time you're looking for a job, make sure it's something that suits you. Hm...maybe a ramen shop will do." She eyed me before turning her back on me  and walking off. I couldn't get any words out my mouth. I wanted to curse her out. Maybe stick up for myself a little, but instead I kept my mouth shut. I was just caught by surprise by what she was telling me. Here I was admiring this good for nothing girl only to get insults from her. But what she was saying was true... I am a joke, I am someone worth being embarrassed of. Maybe I should work in a ramen shop, I'm worthless after all... 


 

I didn't have the strength to walk but I did anyway. I walked out the building, sulking all the way to the bus stop. 

I didn't want to go home. I either wanted to drink my sorrows away or bother my friend Soyun. It seemed like this bus was taking forever to come, and plus I just rather avoid people right now so I just decided to walk away. I didn't know where I was going, didn't make a choice yet. All I did was sulk around, going wherever my legs led me. As I was walking, I was battling where I should go. 

"Soyun?"

​"Soju?"

​"Soyun?"

"Soju?"

"Soyun?"

"Soj-" "YAH!!"  My battle was interrupted by a husky voice. Out of nowhere, I was pulled out from the streets by my wrist, forcefully turned around to face this handsome figure. He was tall and broad-shouldered with dark, heavy hair that matched well with his milky complexion. He had solemn brows that defined his dark and mysterious eyes. His long nose hooked over his curved lips which took all my attention. His jaw lines were sturdy and firm.  And his clothes? Nicely polished. They seemed too expensive that if I were to touch it, it'd automatically get ruined. He was definitely the type of guy who belonged on the cover of one of those popular fashion magazines or better yet-- a romance novel. 

"Are you even listening to me!??" His husky voice rung again. I came back to my senses. He was still holding my wrist tightly. His grip was electrifying. 

"Oh! Wh-What happene-" Again I was interrupted, but this time by my phone. I thought it was Soyun. 

I picked up the call as he released the grip around my wrist.  I heard the mysterious man sigh annoyingly. "Aish..this girl." 

"H-hello?" I responded to my call. 

"Is this Park Shinhye?" 

"Yes I am."

"I noticed that you were late for your interview, but we're willing to give you another chance. Come by tomorrow at 12 p.m. Make sure you ask for a man named Gangjeon. Arasso? " The call ended. I couldn't bring myself to respond. How did I get a second chance? Seems quite unbelievable if you ask me. 

It was crazy! Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I looked around, noticing the handsome guy wasn't about. "Where did he go?" I murmured, spotting his figure walking away. 

"Hey you!" 

I followed the voice. It was some random chubby guy in his dirty truck. "If it wasn't for that man you would've been road kill! Watch where you're going next time!?"  He speeded off. 'If it wasn't for that man...I would've been road kill..?' So he just saved my life...? I watched his figure fade. 

That man..just saved my life, and out of no where, I got that call! I don't know if I'm stupid or not but right now it feels like I got a second chance because of him. I got a second chance in living and a second chance on getting a job. I couldn't lose him. I had to at least thank him! I might be wrong but there might be a slim  chance that he's the luck I need. What am I doing standing here!!??

"Wait! Mysterious man!" I yelled as I chased him down.  I wasn't sure if I was going the right direction but I was hoping to find him. 

I didn't need to run too far, I ended up finding him. He was currently getting into his car that was so nice. He had to spend a lot of money for it.

"Mysterious man!" I yelped.

"Mysterious man?" He mocked me. He took a good look at my face. His facial expression seemed like he recognized me. 

"Oh you're that crazy girl that tried to commit suicide." 

WHAT? SUICIDE? Even if I tried I wouldn't die! My destiny is to suffer on this damn earth. Who's this guy even? He seems so damn arrogant. But...then again..I need to keep my cool. He saved my life and I might be getting a job because of him, or so I think. I forced a smile on my face.

"I just want to thank you for saving my life-" I wanted to say more. I wanted to introduce myself. I wanted to ask for his name, his number, his email address. I wanted to tell him how I felt like he's the luck I've been looking for, but I didn't have the courage to do so. He already thinks I'm crazy, so if I go on rambling he might think I'm insane. I sighed then walked off. My heart felt like I was being ripped apart from someone so important to me.

His car drove pass me, but it wasn't long before he backed up. He rolled down his window and once again I heard that deep voice of his. 

"Do you need a lift?" 

 


Author'sNote:

I just want to thank you guys for reading! I'm really excited about this story and I hope you guys at least enjoyed chapter one. Please feel free to comment! I love reading about what you all  think.