Final

I'll Wait.

The evening wasn't really going how you had expected it to, mostly because your date couldn't get hints. "I'm really tired, maybe we should go?" You looked at him with a small smile. He was a decent guy, really, just boring. You had zoned out somewhere during the first five minutes after placing your order and you had texted discreetly under the table. Any moment now...

 

A minute later, you saw just who you were waiting for. Your best friend of many years strode into the restaurant, glancing around and searching for you. You pasted a sweet smile on your face as you waited for him to notice you, and when he did, he walked over angrily. "Why are you here?" He snapped, unable to conceal his irritation. In a split second, you decided what role you were going to play - the heartbroken girlfriend he was taking a break from.

 

You looked at him with a pained expression, "I didn't know what to do without you. I know you wanted us to take a break, but it's so difficult when you're not around. I just tried to..." You trail off and wait for Oh Sehun to reply. He takes a breath to calm himself, what kind of crazy friend does he have? He gives a sidelong look to your date, "Maybe you should go, we've got things to talk about." The poor guy quickly nods, looking terrified, before he quickly flees the restaurant. That wasn't really fun. Oh well, at least he paid for the meal.

 

Sehun sits in the seat that was just vacated and glares at you. "Why do you keep doing this?" You feign ignorance, even though you know it won't help anything. "I'm not doing anything, you're the one who scares them all away." He's getting annoyed again, "You know what I'm talking about, you can't keep going on dates with other people and then calling me when you get bored, that's not how you do things." You bite your lip as you realise that you might have gone too far this time. "I tried to give them all a chance, but they just... they're not him. Why can't you understand?" You feel tears prick at your eyes, and you can't tell if they're from anger or sadness.

 

Sehun sighs when he sees that you're about to cry, and he stands up and walks over to your side. You look up to see him holding his hand out to you, "Come on, let's go somewhere else. People are staring at us." You take his hand and leave the restaurant, heading back to your apartment.

 

***

 

When you're back in your apartment, Sehun immediately pulls you into a hug, and you let the tears you've been keeping in stream down your face. It bugs you how after so long, you still haven't gotten over him. It's been almost half a year, and when you think about him you still cry. "I'm pathetic, aren't I?" You ask quietly, and you hear Sehun sigh as his arms tighten around you. "No, you're not. Stop texting me to get rid of your potential boyfriends though, you can do that by yourself." This makes me laugh a little, and you tease, "It's more fun when you come and look all pissed off though."

 

Your eyes flutter closed for a moment as you murmur to Sehun, "Thank you for everything. I know I haven't been easy to deal with, but you've been really patient." Sehun's breath catches as he looks down at you. "You know I'd do anything for you." You know what he's trying to say, he's never tried to hide his feelings for you, but you can't accept him, not when you're still hung up over your breakup with Baekhyun. "I'm sorry, Sehun. But not now..."

 

He looks back up so you can't see the pain that flashes across his face. He knows that you need time, and he's willing to wait, but it still hurts when he thinks about how he cannot compare to Baekhyun, especially when he knows he can treat you so much better. For a minute, there's silence in your apartment, and it's only broken when Sehun speaks again. "I understand. I'll always wait for you."