The Transfer

Ordinary Girl, Ordinary Life, ... or so she thought

“EEEEEEK!!!!” Maeri and Jaekyung squeal.

 

“Omo, mah ears,” Sooyoung wince, rubbing her ears and chuckle. “Please calm down girls!”

“How can we calm down?? The new season of our favorite anime is coming out tomorrow!!!! We have been waiting for this moment ever since we were born!” The two fan girls exclaim.

“Now now, don’t exaggerate,” Yoorin giggles.

 

The best friends were hanging out in a small cafe near school after another boring Tuesday in class. Their original plan was to study for the Korean literature exam that is taking place the next day. It doesn’t seem like much studying will be happening any time soon though.

 

“Also guess what? I was passing by the office today to make some copies for Mr. Yoo...” Yoorin reaches for another cookie as she began her gossip. “Continue?” Jaekyung gesture, obviously curious.

“Well I passed by and I heard some of the secretary talking about a transfer. And I think I heard he’s from the states.”

“Omo, really? That’s awesome, I’ve always wanted to become friends with a foreigner!” Maeri clapped her hands together but then slowly put them down when she saw her three friends gawking at her. “Wae?” She pouts. Yoorin shakes her head in amusement and flick the little girl’s forehead lightly. “Yah, babo, he’s Korean.” The other girls chuckles, making Maeri blush in embarrassment. “Aww, that’s not fair, the way eonnie said it made it seem like he was really foreign.” Maeri pouts again as she rub her forehead.

 

“Anyways, I wonder if he’ll be handsome,” Yoorin states dreamily. Sooyoung laughs. “Yah, what if he’s also a jerk? What good does the face bring?”

“I agree completely!” Jaekyung raises her hand.

“Aish, can’t you girls at least let me have my moment for like thirty seconds?” Yoorin glare.

“Yoorin, you shouldn’t even be complaining, guys are always at your door,” Jaekyung winks earning another glare. “That’s not the same!” Yoorin defended and they all laugh.

 

Jaekyung glances at her watch and groan. “I have to go, gotta run to the market to buy groceries for this week.” She said as she began to gather her things

“Aww, bye eonnie,” Maeri sulked.

“And as expected, we didn’t study,” Sooyoung stated and they all laugh.

“Bye Jae!” Yoorin and Sooyoung wave.

 

- - - -

 

Having her cup of hot chocolate (which is not even that hot anymore) on one hand and her groceries and wallet on the other, Jaekyung struggles to keep her balance while walking out of the store.

“Aish, how am I going put my wallet back into my bag” Jaekyung complains and decided to settle her groceries down to the sidewalk to put her wallet in her bag. As soon as she was done and was about to pick up her groceries, a person bumps into her from the back, causing her to stumble forward.

 

“Aish, what the.” Jaekyung gulp and look up to the now pissed teenager in front of her. It seems like the stumble had caused Jaekyung to accidently bump into another guy that was walking the opposite direction, spilling her hot chocolate all over his shirt. Maybe it's because she’s short but this guy is hella tall, *and really good looking.*

 

Jaekyung gasp. “I am soo sorry!”

The guy just kept looking at her like dirt, “YAH! Don’t you look where you’re going!? Are you blind?!” The handsome-ness has disappeared.

 

Now it was Jaekyung’s turn to be mad. “I said I’m sorry! You don’t have to be all sissy about it,” she fumed. Who the hell did this guy think he is? It wasn’t even her fault, someone else had pushed her. “Fine, here’s the money for the laundry, this is what you wanted right?” Jaekyung huff and began taking out her wallet again.

 

The guy scoff. *Is this girl serious right now? She is really getting on my nerves.*

“I don’t want your money little kid, plus, this shirt is too expensive for some measly laundry place to thoroughly clean it from this mess”

 

“Well then, if you don’t mind, I’ll take my leave,” Jaekyung declare, then mumbled, “rude jerk.”

 

“What did you say?” He glared and Jaekyung rolls her eyes, “nothing.” She then storm off with her groceries.

 

*Man, that girl was just so annoying. I mean what kind of girl is that impulsive despite being so tiny? Thank goodness I’ll never see her again… Aish, now what do I do with this shirt. *

 

.

.

.

 

*Does that guy thinks he’s a king or something?! Who the hell is that rude? If someone says sorry, you should accept it. Arghhh, thinking about it makes me annoyed. I hope I’ll never see him again.*

 

- - - -

 

“Good morning class,” Mrs. Choi said as she walked in with her usual khaki dress pant together with a white blouse while carrying a few papers. It is now Wednesday morning. “Good morning Mrs. Choi.” The class chorused back.

 

“Okay, before we begin today, I would like to introduce you all to our new transfer student. Please be respectful as we welcome him,” Mrs. Choi announce.

 

“Ooh here he comes! The transfer student!” Yoorin whispers to Jaekyung and Sooyoung, nudging them excitedly. The girls chuckle at her reaction and Jaekyung went back to her doodles, not really caring who the transfer student is.

 

“Hello everyone, my name is Kim Myungsoo but call me L instead, please treat me well.”

On her right side, Jaekyung can already hear Yoorin whisper to Sooyoung how handsome and tall the guy was.

*Pfft, L, what kind of name is that* Jaekyung scoff while still working on her beautiful drawings of Yato from Noragami.

 

“Okay Myungsoo, can you please sit down at the empty seat beside Jaekyung? Jaekyung can you raise your hand?” Jaekyung silently groan having to pull away from her anime zone and look up. L at the same time, searches for the said girl and finally notice the little hand in the back. Both their eyes meet each other and widen.

 

*Wanna-Be-King?!*

*Chocolate Shortie?!*