Attend School, Go Home, Repeat

Ordinary Girl, Ordinary Life, ... or so she thought

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*


*SLAM!*


*Grunts*


That was the beginning of Jaekyung's morning. Buried under piles of clothes and a blanket, a little head can be seen poking out. To add to her frustration, sun rays glared through her window, stabbing her in the eyes despite her effort to hide them, causing Jaekyung to grunt again. She huff, gets up abruptly, and storm to her restroom while mumbling, "five more minutes, can't I be allowed at least five more minutes?!" Mornings are obviously not Jaekyung’s forte as she roughly rushes through her morning routine.

 

Before dashing out, Jaekyung grabbed her phone from her bed and noticed the battleground. “Gosh, I really need to clean my room..” she sigh and became determined, “tonight.”

 

As she raced down the set of stairs, Jaekyung struggles to keep her backpack on her shoulders while she grabbed an apple from the kitchen counter, biting it so that her hands are free and quickly gather any other extra items she need for school. Passing by the refrigerator, she noticed the familiar peach colored sticky note. 

 

‘Don’t wait up for me tonight honey, there seem to be extra work at the company again. Be safe and have fun at school! 
 

- Love Mom’

 

Jaekyung was not even surprised to hear the news anymore, the note was so redundant that Jaekyung practically memorized the whole message. Her father had passed away when Jaekyung was only three years old resulting in her lack of memories with him. Her family was never really wealthy and with the passing of Jaekyung’s father, her mother struggled to keep up with the family’s welfares. Partaking herself in seven different part-time jobs per day, Mrs. Lee barely has any time for her daughter. After thirteen-years, her mother was finally able to get back on her feet and passed the qualifications required for the manager role at a high-quality company, still having no time for her daughter. Jaekyung sometimes wishes that her mother wouldn’t have to work so hard. 

 

Jaekyung glance at her watch and gasp, “Shoot, I’m seriously late now.” She ran out the door with her apple and pray not to miss the bus, “pleaseeeee, if I receive my third tardy today, I will be dead under Mrs. Choi’s hands.” As if someone up there finally felt pity, she arrived just as the last person was about to board the bus. “YES YES YES! THANK YOU!” Jaekyung shout in delight and bolt to the bus. 

 

Plopping down on an empty seat, she breath the word “safe” and began working her way through her apple. Jaekyung was a pale and petite girl. She wasn’t cute or y and her messy black hair would usually be tied back into a bun. Most of the clothes she possessed are considered baggy for her body but she likes them because they are more comfortable than the tight outfits that most girls prefer to wear. She didn’t get the point of trying to look pretty. People should like you for your personality, not looks. Jaekyung pulls out her earphone and play her favorite song while humming along to the tunes, not realizing that she has reached her school until she saw teenagers wearing her school uniform strolling out.

 

As she lazily made her way down the hallway, Jaekyung yawns, she already felt like she was done for the whole week even though it’s barely Monday. *Mondays*, she curses in her head. Jaekyung then immediately recognized her cute, little friend, Maeri, by her bouncy bobbed hair-cut. She then skips happily towards her baby. “Gooood morning dongsaeng~!” Jaekyung cooed as she pinched Maeri’s rosy cheeks, causing her to squeak in surprise. This little girl was like a ray of sunshine, just seeing her can somehow make your problems magically vanish.

 

“Good morning eonnie!” she saluted back happily, “how was your sleep?”
Jaekyung smile, “It was alright, but in all honesty, I just want to go home right now and snuggle into my bed.”
Maeri giggles, “as expected.”

 

“Good morning girls,” Sooyoung said as she approached the two girls. 
“Good morning Sooyoung!” Maeri and Jaekyung chirped back. “I still really want to go home though,” Jaekyung complained and Sooyoung chuckled, “don’t you always?” sparking laughter.

 

“Have anyone seen Yoorin?” Sooyoung wondered. 

“Right here!” 

The girls all turned around to a beautiful girl jogging towards them. “Thank goodness the bell still hasn’t rang, my dad was taking forever!” Yoorin pouted causing the guys around her to melt, this girl wasn’t miss popular for nothing. Jaekyung chuckled, “okay, now that we’re all here, let’s go before we’re late!” 

 

The gals dropped Maeri off at her class and then head toward their homeroom with Mrs. Choi.

Jaekyung and her friends have known each other since elementary and were as close as sisters. They all have learned and have accepted each other’s stories and flaws and their bond was almost unbreakable. Jaekyung loves her friends to death and there’s no denying it. 

 

The day passes by dreadfully as Jaekyung struggles to pay attention in her classes. She mentally celebrated as soon as she heard the final bell ring. Gathering her stuff in milliseconds, she made her exit right after she bidded her friends goodbye. 

.
.
.

“FINALLY HOME! HALLELUJAH!” Jaekyung exclaimed in joy as she kicked off her shoes and fell into her bed’s embrace. *Heaven

- - - -

*Ah~ what a good nap..* Jaekyung got up from her bed and made her way to the kitchen. “Ramen~ ramen~ I swear someone should seriously make a ramen song,” she chuckled at her statement, *seriously though, I think it would be a great hit*.

 

It’s not like Jaekyung doesn’t know how to cook, in fact she actually is a great cook due to the fact that she was always home alone, forcing her to learn how to feed herself. Once in awhile though, she likes to reward herself with ramen after a rough day, today was one of those days.

 

“That was amazing~” Jaekyung stated as she pat her now filled stomach. She then made her way upstairs to begin her night routine and then settled into bed while telling herself she’ll clean her room the next day.

 

“I guess that’s my day, again,” she mumbled, snuggling into her blanket. She was happy with her life, with amazing friends and a mother who was doing anything and everything for her daughter’s happiness. However, she still occasionally wishes that the life she lead would be a little bit more exciting, where her goal wasn’t just to go home to her bed every single day. Jaekyung sigh as she slowly drifted off to dreamland, not aware of the dramatic changes in her life that would fall into action the following day.