Jaehyun

And That's a Long *ss Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the short chapter! I didn't really want to drag it on ahah. It's kind of an introspective one, sorry if it's boring~

Beta'd by NyaNai!

Yuta is seeing someone. Jaehyun is 90% sure. For one, Yuta had just been complaining about missing workouts for midterms, so when they both finally had a night with no pressing studying to do, Jaehyun had asked if he wanted to go to the gym finally. To Jaehyun’s surprise, Yuta had declined light-heartedly, citing the dance rehearsals as enough to keep him in shape. Jaehyun never found out what Yuta was going to be doing with that free night. Mostly, it's the fact that occasionally, the other boy would get a text, go quiet to reply speedily, and slip his phone back into his pocket. Then he would rejoin whatever conversation they were having. If it had been one of the boys, he'd reply mid-sentence and continue talking, or snort at it and tilt the screen over for Jaehyun to see. But recently, Yuta checks out into his own personal bubble with his phone until he puts the phone back, making Jaehyun feel like it’s all hush-hush. It’s also becoming a trend for these conversations to precede his absence for the night. But maybe it's not a romantic thing. Maybe he’s just texting some other acquaintance from class. That explanation doesn't feel quite right though, somehow.

 

Jaehyun almost made some elaborate plan to find out, but when Jaehyun tentatively tells Taeyong his theory, Taeyong laughs. "No way, Yuta with some kind of secret lover? Why are you so interested in his love life anyways?"

 

"I never said it was a secret lover." Jaehyun points out, "Maybe a buddy. Maybe it's not even meant to be a secret."

 

To Taeyong's credit, he only looks slightly scandalized.

 

“Besides, I’m basically his best friend! I’m concerned because, what kind of dude gets laid and doesn’t tell a bro? What if it’s sketch?”

 

The elder just stares at him and says slowly, “Why don’t you just ask Yuta’s room mate? You’re friends with that guy, right?”

 

Which, duh, of course, why didn’t Jaehyun think of that? Johnny lives with Yuta. It’s hard to hide that from a roommate who also happens to be your friend.

 

“Dude, you’re so smart.” Jaehyun wheezes, diving for his phone.

 

At dance practice the next day, Johnny tells him, with uncharacteristically shifty eyes, that Yuta is not-dating this really hot older chick but also not-not-dating dating her at the same time.

 

“What does that even mean?” Jaehyun asks, exasperated.

 

Johnny shrugs and his arms flop down to his sides with a smack. “I don’t even know– He doesn’t even know. I swear, I thought Yuta of all people would be put-together on that front.”

 

“Yeah dude. I always thought that Yuta just has this whole ‘life’ thing figured out.”

 

Johnny sighs. “But I mean. He’s the one getting on a regular basis so what do I know.”

 

Jaehyun tries not to imagine Yuta “getting ” and fails. “Ew.” He says with a shudder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter