home.

We'll Make It Through, We Always Do.

A/N: Hii! Just a build up for the next few chaps! I hope you enjoy! 


The repeated click-clack of Taeyeon’s heels resonated throughout the 5th-floor corridor at SM’s Headquarters causing everyone around her to drop what they were doing to stare at the star parade through the hall.

 

Juniors and seniors alike bowed to her out of respect and she herself made vague attempts to briefly bow back at them before shambling along her path in a rush.

 

She wore an all-black trench coat coupled with black shades to cover her tired and blurry eyes and tight-fitting jeans to complete her look.

 

With her head held low, she walks on and on - recollecting memories from earlier that morning.


 

XXXXXXX

 

“You sure you’re gonna be okay?” Taeyeon asks Jessica as they get dressed to leave - Taeyeon was to leave first followed by Jessica who would leave a few minutes later.

 

Jessica nods in response to Taeyeon’s question, the older of the two had spent a full twenty minutes lecturing and ordering Jessica’s manager to buy a ton of Ice Packs for her aid while the latter sat on the bed with a guilty look on her face.

 

Taeyeon, in a rush, kneels down to face Jessica who sat on the bed, “Are you sure?” she asks her for the billionth time while caressing her cheek.

 

Jessica takes hold of Taeyeon’s hand, “I’m sure Taengoo. I promise I’ll call you if anything happens.” she says as though she were a kid being asked to repeat  a set of instructions.

 

“Damn right you will.” Taeyeon says in a serious tone as she gets up to go wear her jacket, as she slips it on she notices Jessica eyeing her with puppy-dog like eyes, after being with someone for 9 years, you start to catch on quick.

 

“You want it?” she asks the girl warmly in reference to her jacket, Jessica nods shyly, Taeyeon smiles and shrugs it off before walking over and placing it on her, “There you go.” she says as she kisses Jessica’s temple.

 

“You take mine.” Jessica says as she sniffs the jacket, it smelt exactly like Taeyeon, like home.

 

“Sure.” Taeyeon says as she slips it on, Jessica smiles.

 

Taeyeon walks over towards the girl after taking a quick look at the mirror, she takes hold of both her hands and looks deep into Jessica’s amber coloured eyes - “Be safe Sica yah~”

 

She then leans in and tenderly pecks her on the lips, “I love you.” she says.

 

“I love you too.”


 

XXXXXXX

 

Taeyeon reaches the dead end of the hallway, away from the crowd and onlookers, she stops in front of a mysterious looking door that read  “FOR AUTHORIZED MEMBERS ONLY.” in bold red letters, she smirks as though it were a joke.

 

She fumbles through her bag for a bundle of keys and on finding it slips it into the crack between the doorknob as quietly as she could.

 

To her satisfaction, the door opens and she straddles her way in making sure to close the door behind her.

 

She stumbles around trying to find a light switch before flicking it on.

 

A dimly lit light fixture from above illuminated the room she was standing it, highlighting every particle of dust in and around it.

 

In front of her lay tons and tons of paperwork all messily filed in oodles of brown files that all looked the same from afar.

 

Taeyeon sighs.

 

Oh what the .

 

She sets her bag down and takes Jessica’s coat off before placing it on the ground and raising her hands up to her hips. She gapes at the mountainous piles of paper she’d have to look through.

 

And so, she rolls her sleeves up and takes a step forward.

 

Do it for her.

 

XXXXXXX

 

Jessica seats herself on the lavish leather couch in her luxurious condo, her manager sets the plastic bag filled with ice packs down on the table and bids her goodbye.


 

The girl remembers Taeyeon’s words and chucks the plastic cover into the freezer before kicking her shoes off.

 

Jessica sighs and falls onto the couch with exhaustion, she was to be at her agency’s office within the next 2 hours.

 

She lazily slips her phone out of her pocket and is bombarded with notifications of all sorts, she unenthusiastically scrolls through them but comes to a halt when she sees messages from a certain someone.

 

Soojung <3 : Unnie. Call Me.

 

Soojung <3 : I need to talk to you.

 

Soojung <3 : Call. Me. Now.

 

Jessica, not being one to disobey her little sister, opens her call log and dials Soojung’s number.

 

She puts the phone to her ear and it’s not for very long that she listens to the dial tone for Krystal picks up immediately.

 

“Hey kiddo-” Jessica starts off but is abruptly cut off.

 

“Taeyeon told me.” says Krystal candidly.

 

Jessica freezes, not knowing what to say. shuts itself close.

 

They stay on the line in complete and utter silence.

 

“Unnie…” Krystal says in a shaky voice as she feels herself starting to break down.

 

“Soojung ah~” Jessica manages to choke out after what seemed like an hour of awkward stillness, “D-don’t cry.. Please.”

 

“S-So it’s true?” asks the girl in a muffled voice, Jessica says nothing and sniffles.

 

“W-We’ll get you out of there Unnie.” Krystal says in a hard voice as she tries to recollect herself.

 

“We?” Jessica asks, now curious.

 

“Taeyeon unnie told me her plan.” Krystal states frankly.

 

“It’ll work. I promise.” she says, sounding an awful lot like Taeyeon.

 

Krystal cuts the phone off, leaving Jessica confused and quite frankly scared.

 

It seemed as though everyone knew what this plan was except for her.


 

XXXXXXX

 

“Aha!” yells Taeyeon as she finally finds what she’d been looking for, beads of sweat trickled down her face from being trapped in the stagnant room.

 

She stands up and admires the file.

 

Contract #184 - Jessica Jung.

 

She heaves a sigh of relief as she lugs the file towards a corner, she slides down against the wall and seats herself on the floor to scan through the thing.

 

She raises her hand up in victory as she examines the thing, it was legit!

 

She scrambles towards her bag and coat as she gets dressed before exiting the room, leaving no trace of her ever being there.

 

Quietly she makes her way down the fire route and smirks slyly.

 

Time for Stop Number Two.

 

XXXXXX

 

Jessica rolls off the couch and fixes her hair in front of the mirror and puts her shoes on before making her way out of her home and to her company’s headquarters.

 

Her manager stands outside waiting for her, she slips into the car and they drive away.

 

Silence lingers upon them like a ghost in a graveyard.

 

“H-Hey, are you okay now?” asks Soonyoung, breaking the reticence between them.

 

Jessica nods meekly as she looks out of the window.

 

“I’m sorry, If I would’ve known I would have done something.” he says, feeling rather guilty.

 

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault.” Jessica says without reserve, he nods and continues to drive, asking no further questions.

 

Awkward silence it was...

 

----

 

Jessica enters the room, accompanied by nobody. She looks up to meet the deranged man’s eyes.

 

“Hello.” he says with an immodest smile on his lips as he sits at the head of the conference table.

 

The room they were in was no ordinary one, it had been cleverly hidden behind doors and walls of all sorts, smack dab in the middle of the 3rd floor of the intricate building.

 

Jessica gulps and says nothing, she seats herself on the other extreme of the table, looking down at the carpeting, not wanting to meet his gaze.

 

“I said - Hello.” he repeats in a loud voice, Jessica looks up at him.

 

“Hi.” she finally says in a jittery voice.

 

The man chuckles as he lazily gets up off the chair, he slides over towards Jessica and seats himself on the table in front of her.

 

He snickers again, an evil disgusting snicker that sent shivers down Jessica’s spine.

 

“Where have you been baby girl?” he asks her in a brazen manner as he her cheek.

 

Jessica is instantly filled with disgust at the thought of his hand on the exact area where Taeyeon had lovingly kissed and touched her.

 

Lost in her thoughts she forgets to answer his question.

 

He takes her by the arm and lifts her up so that she were standing on her feet, he leans in and repeats.

 

“I’ll ask again. Where. Have. You. Been?” he spits out in a whisper.

 

“Home.”


A/N: Please leave your reviews in the comments it means a lot :) <3