It was him.

We'll Make It Through, We Always Do.

A/N: Hi Everyone! This is my first fanfic ever! Pls be critical or complimentary in the comment section I really wanna know how I did! Thanks :)


Taeyeon sits at the foot of the bed, her feet dangling in the air. She wore nothing but a white bathrobe and slippers that threatened to fall off at any moment.

 

She peeks at her surroundings anxiously. Were the curtains closed? Were the candles lit? Was the bed made?

 

After having smuggled into the cheap motel room without being recognized, she heaved a sigh of relief and prayed that Jessica would be able to make it the same way.

 

Jessica not turning up due to some reason or the other wasn't rare, it happened often. Leaving Taeyeon to spend the night alone in some odd hotel room in the middle of nowhere.

 

And when they did interact, there wasn’t a whole lot of time they could spend together and whatever little time they had - wasn’t enough. It wasn’t enough at all.

 

She sighs and looks over at the clock. Maybe it wasn't time yet? Maybe she was a little too early?

 

11:30 PM.

 

9:00 PM was the time they'd decided on. Taeyeon kicks the air in frustration with a little grunt before tilting over and lying down on the bed.

 

She loses hope with every passing second and just as she's about to drift off she hears hasty shuffles from the hallway.

 

Jerking up, she scurries and takes her position behind the door as a safety measure.

 

The door swings open, it was Jessica who was dressed heavily from head to toe with coats of all kinds.

 

Taeyeon heaves a sigh of relief but stays quiet as the other girl thanks her trusted manager before slamming the door shut.

 

Jessica finally meets eyes with a beaming Taeyeon before rushing into the latter’s arms.

 

She crashes into Taeyeon and pushes her into the wall in what they called a “warm embrace.”

 

Taeyeon, although in pain from colliding against the wall, wraps her arms tightly around the girl’s waist and Jessica nuzzles her head into the crook of Taeyeon’s neck.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jessica starts off, out of all the things Jessica could say to Taeyeon - those were the words she’d heard the most of, “We got stuck in traffic and then at the office, I’m sorry I’m sorry I-” she starts to chant till Taeyeon cuts her off.

 

“Good Evening to you too.” Taeyeon says playfully, as she rubs the latter’s back, “It’s okay Sica yah~” she cooes.

 

She sniffs Jessica’s hair and nuzzles into it as they deepen their embrace.

 

“I missed you.” Jessica muffles in a broken voice into the soft fabric of Taeyeon’s bathrobe. Taeyeon sighs, “Me too.” she says as she plants a soft kiss on Jessica’s forehead.

 

They stay like that for seemed like eternity but was, in reality, a mere 2 minutes, Taeyeon loosens the embrace, looks into Jessica’s teary eyes and smiles before pecking her cheek and leading her to the bed.

 

The newcomer looks around the room and at the candles and smiles, Taeyeon really knew how to make everything better.

 

Jessica kicks her heels off in haste and carefully takes her coat off before setting it on the bed, Taeyeon admires her, Jessica had definitely become thinner. It worried her.

 

Jessica seats herself next to Taeyeon at the end of the bed, Taeyeon instantaneously leans in and captures the girl’s soft lips for a much-needed kiss.

 

Her hand travels and positions itself on Jessica’s back, Jessica wraps her hands around Taeyeon’s waist as she deepens the kiss.

 

It starts off raw, needy and rough but mellows down soon enough, Taeyeon feels something moist and wet trickle against her skin, she pulls away and realises that Jessica was crying.

 

As soon as she does, Jessica tries to stop and collect herself, “I’m sorry.” she mumbles for the millionth time while attempting to dab her tears away.

 

Taeyeon slides closer towards her and gently wipes away a tear with her thumb, “What’s the matter?” she asks tenderly while rubbing circles on the shaking girl’s back in an attempt to calm her down.

 

None of this was new.

 

On hearing Taeyeon’s soft voice Jessica starts to sob even more, she buries her face into Taeyeon’s chest and breaks down.

 

Taeyeon, who was now starting to get worried, holds the girl tight.

 

“Shh. It’s okay.” she repeatedly whispers into the girl’s ear while her hair.

 

“I’m here now.” she mumbles in a comforting voice, “I’m here Sica.”

 

“T-Taengoo..” Jessica finally croaks out, she looks up at Taeyeon with hazy eyes.  

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I-I have to show you something..” Jessica splutters vaguely while sniffling.

 

Her words raise all kinds of questions in Taeyeon’s mind but she says nothing, “Then show me.” she whispers instead.

 

Jessica catches her breath and attempts to dry her tears away, Taeyeon now gently caressed the girl’s arm.

 

Jessica gets up and wanders off into the bathroom, beckoning for Taeyeon to follow her.

 

Not knowing what to expect Taeyeon obeys and they enter the now lit bathroom, Jessica steps into the bathtub and pulls the shower curtain, leaving an extremely curious Taeyeon standing there, staring at her silhouette.

 

“Wait.” she says.

 

Jessica undresses herself and sets the clothes down behind her, once she was completely bare she calls out for Taeyeon.

 

“Okay.” she says in an unstable voice.

 

Taeyeon kicks her slippers off and shakily steps into the bathtub.

 

What she see’s - she would never have wanted to.

 

Jessica stands at the end of the bathtub - the shower head was centimeters away from hitting her. Her skinny arms were draped around her stomach and tears freely fell from her eyes.

 

Jessica’s entire body was covered in bruises, every inch of her stomach to her thighs was peppered with wounds of all kinds. On her shoulder was a particularly large cut that threatened to bleed at any given moment. Her ribs looked as though they were going to pop out of her body at any moment and her knees were seconds from giving way.

 

Taeyeon stops dead in her tracks, her head felt dizzy, her entire body had gone numb and her eyes were as blurry as they could get. Her face scrunches up into a small ball and she stands there like an unmoving statue.

 

“P-Please don’t be mad at me.” Jessica whispers fearfully, her head was tilted down and she watched as her teardrops hit the floor of the bathtub. Her heart was beating at a million miles per hour, she had no idea how Taeyeon was going to take it.

 

She starts to whimper on seeing Taeyeon’s state, “T-Taengoo.. I’m sor-”

 

“Who-” Taeyeon starts to say but pauses to choke down a tear, “W-Who did this…?” she asks as she feels her entire body starting to shake with rage.

 

Tears of anger start to fall from her eyes which were dusted with red veins. She tries to maintain her composure but fails miserably, “Was it him?” she asks, her voice now raising in volume.

 

Jessica says nothing, her entire body was quivering with fear which sat on her like a pillow covered one's mouth - not allowing her to breathe.

 

“Was. It. Him.” Taeyeon asks in a frightening voice, scaring the bejeezus out of an already petrified Jessica.

 

Jessica weakly nods with a whimper as goosebumps start to form on every inch of her body.

 

It was him.

 


A/N: TBH - I have no idea what I'm even writing. Please review!