JUNGKOOK

Perhaps It's Love?

It’s the usual busy day for the student council like every day they were used too. But it seems like today they will even get busier. Jimin who has just come back from the Principal’s office seems out of the place when the council members realized he was sighing loudly. Yerim comes inside the room right after Jimin entered a few minutes earlier, with bundles of papers on her hands then placing it on Jimin’s desk. The ginger head boy stares at Yerim for a fleeting moment before coming back to his sense about the endless work they need to finish by today.

“Ah, I never wanted to do this…” He stares at the stack of papers in front of him, “What the are these this time?” He asks as his index finger pointing at the papers laying on the desk.

“Complains coming from students, what else?” Yerim answered with a soft humming to end her sentences.

Jimin sigh as he takes one of the paper and reading it thoroughly, “So many endless complaining.” He said as he took one after another piece of paper repeatedly. “So many things I can’t handle at one time…”

“The students are complaining about the school system. Most of them don’t even make sense anyway so let’s just ignore them.” Yerim said as her eyes were glued to the computer screen and her fingers danced on the keyboard furiously. But she stops immediately as if she was reminded of something important. “Where is Secretary Yook?”

The Student Council secretary raised his hand, “What’s up?”

“I almost forgot that the Principal asks me to call you to his office. There’s a new student transferring to our school.”

Jimin lifted his head up from the papers to look at Yerim, “Transfer student? What year?”

Yerim stops from typing again and looked at Jimin, “She’s in our year, I guess.”

It’s a girl, Jimin thought, and why at this time around? What’s the point of transferring to your third year anyway? He shakes his head at the thought and back to focus on what he was doing.

“Oh, yeah. President Park, you also needed at the Principal Office to welcome the new transfer student.” Yerim added as Jimin looks at her in disbelieve.

Another burdensome job he had to attend. What a pain. Why do I even pass the interview to enter this board? I even become the president now. What a ing pain in the . Jimin somehow were in regret on his decision in becoming part of the student council. He’s regretting it so much now. He takes a glance at Yerim again. She was so diligent when it comes to council work when everything here just killing him inside. How does she even maintain her composure anyway?

To confirm his curiosity, Jimin asks the red-haired Vice President, “Yerim-ah, are you happy being in the student council?”

Yerim stops from typing and turns her head from the monitor to Jimin. She blinks for a little while before she leans her back against the chair. “I was wondering too if I’m happy to be part of this council.” She chewed on her bottom lip, “But this is the only getaway for me to escape from my own stress by loading myself with tons of works. I love doing works like this. That’s why I never complain and I love it here.”

Jimin chuckled, “You’re weird. How come a person like you becomes my twin sister’s best friend anyway?”

Yerim unknowingly laughed at the question and Jimin realized she was trying to hold it from bursting out loud. “I wonder why too. We’re totally the opposite from each other. I don’t even know how I make friend with her. Things just happened.”

Hearing her honest answer made Jimin fall into a pit of silence. He wanted to ask more, but his throat just would not cooperate with him and he continues to stay quiet.

But it did not last long. Yerim threw the exact same question to him.

“You’re quite the opposite with Jungkook too. Doesn’t that make the two of us? How do you guys become best buddies?”

As if he was taken aback by the question, Jimin clasped his hands together and laughed nervously. “I had a feeling you will ask the same question.” He said while fiddling with his small fingers. “Everyone seems questioning my friendship with him. I feel offended sometimes.”

Yerim was surprised by the sudden comeback but she hides it well by maintaining her straight face. “Why? Because he looks like he could kill a person and you look like an angel from the sky? Oh, please. People are just so annoying sometimes.” Yerim laughed at her own words and had Jimin laugh along with her.

“That’s why I said I feel offended by people’s judgment on us.” Jimin explained “They just quick to judge on Jungkook. He’s a good guy despite his scary look. You know that too, right?”

Yerim’s heart skips a beat when Jimin suddenly drags her to the conversation. She nodded at his words and tucking strands of her hair nervously behind her ear. Well, it is no secret she's in a good term with Jungkook but when Jimin suddenly mentioned that she gets nervous for a second.

“He’s a good guy and a good friend, and a material of a good boyfriend,” Jimin said as he continuously teasing the blushing Kim Yerim who was across from his desk. He laughed softly at her obvious reaction and decided to stop or she might explode later. “I’m going to leave this here. Sungjae-ah! Let’s go!”

Yerim watches as the two guys leave the council room and groan in frustration soon after they lost from her sight. She bites her bottom lips and hides her face in embarrassment from the words Jimin just said to her. Such tease…such a ing tease! Good thing he’s the twin brother of her friend or not, she might kill him on the spot.


 

“You’re teasing on Vice*Prez too much.” Sungjae opening up the main topic he had just witnessed earlier at the club room while the two boys are on their way to the Principal’s office. “Her face was red as her hair, didn’t you notice it?”

Jimin chuckled as he patted Sungjae’s shoulder softly, “She won’t get mad over it.”

“How can you be so sure?” Sungjae questioned again, “She could load you with lots of work again after this. Didn’t you hear the rumors circulating about her?” His face expresses his fear over Kim Yerim so well that Jimin can read him like a book.

Jimin heard the rumors of course, about the demon vice president title given to her, and he had overcomes it with Yerim together back then. But Yerim decided to ignore it and the title is attached to her until these days. She was known as the demon vice president in the history of student council ever since the school was established in 1990. She is the first vice president to be called a demon when usually the title goes to the president.

Jimin is always amazed at how Yerim can turn a deaf ear to all the people criticisms. She’s a strong girl.

Jimin laughed at the thought. It’s not he’s in love with her or what, she is just so admirable. “She’s not that really a demon, right? Yerim is still a human, NORMAL human like us.” He patted the latter shoulder again when he realized they had arrived at the Principal’s office. “Looks like we here.”

Sungjae knocked on the door several times before they heard a voice instructing them to come in. Jimin carefully reached on the door knob as he twisted it slowly. The door opens gracefully as Jimin entered the room then bowing to the respected Principal in front of him and Sungjae does the same.

In front of them, there is another person, a girl with ginger hair like Jimin has, were sitting with her back facing them.

The transfer student, Jimin thought inside.

“Good morning, Principal Kang.” Jimin greeted him and the old man nodded at his words. He took a glance at the transfer student in front of him and waves his hand to point at her.

“I need you to assist the transfer student to her respective class with Ms. Kim here, the homeroom teacher of class 3-3.”

Jimin was more than surprised to see his homeroom teacher was actually inside the Principal room and his eyes immediately searching for her everywhere. When he found her, Ms. Kim waved at the shock looking president and he returned a smile to her before he responds to the principal.

“It will be my pleasure to assist her to her classroom, Principal Kang. Thank you for trusting me to guide the new student.”

Principal Kang smiled widely at how polite Jimin was and he clasped his hands together as the sign of the end of their meeting. “Then, my work here is done. Allow me to borrow your secretary for a moment, President.”

Sungjae was surprised by the command but quickly to maintain his composure, “I am more than glad to assist you, Principal Kang.”

The principal smiled, not the usual bright smile but somewhat looking like a half-hearted one. “You may take a leave now.”

Jimin spares a glance at Sungjae, and he gives him a pat on his shoulder, before leaving the principal room along with the transfer student and their homeroom teacher.

I wonder what kind of business the principal had with Sungjae. Jimin thought inside when his curiosity begins to embrace him. He just cannot get it out of his mind, it’s been two weeks and Sungjae didn’t even mention it while in the club. It must be something out from the council work.

“Ehem!”

A fake cough caught Jimin off guard and snapped back to reality as he was staring at a girl on eye-level. The girl smiled at him and offered her hand to him, “Hi! I’m Kang Seulgi, nice to meet you!” Her eyes beamed in excitement and Jimin was confused at how to react to her.

It just then, he finally, like finally, coming back to reality and realized she was the transfer student he supposed to assist. He returned the smile and shakes her hand, “I’m Park Jimin, nice to meet you too.” He doesn’t sound so excited like Seulgi does but his smile shows how friendly he is as if he is glad to meet them.

Kang Seulgi’s eyebrows crooked when she saw his smile. It was so awkward that Jimin had to avert his eyes from her gaze. Seulgi literally stare into his face like she’s going to gobble him up at once but then, she laughed, causing more confusion to Park Jimin.

“You’re funny.” She said as her tiny bits of laughter still escaping from while Jimin was like, WHAT DID I EVEN DO TO HER?

“Um, thanks. I guess?” He is still in the verge of confusion but he had to do his job anyway. “Let’s go. Ms. Kim has left. We need to hurry.” He said to her as they walked their way to class together.


 

“Kang Seulgi here! Nice to meet all of you. I come from Gyeonggi-do. Please take care of me.”

“Thank you, Seulgi. You may take your seat now.”

Jimin watched as Seulgi walked to her seat after her brief introduction before the class begins. He stared at the new transfer student in curiosity, and too many thoughts in his head. He snaps back to reality when the teacher called out his name to read the passage, but Jimin was lost as he looks at his textbook.

“Are you even listening, Park Jimin? Read the passage on page 45 paragraph three.”

! I spaced out too much! He immediately turned to the said page and bow his head to the teacher in an apologetical manner, “I'm sorry, Ms.Kim. I was lost earlier.”

Ms.Kim sighs softly at the best student and nodded, “Okay. Please proceed.”

As Jimin proceed to read the passage, Jinsil takes a glance at her twin brother for a fleeting moment. Her twin instinct realized her brother was not his usual self. It's weird, she thought, Jimin never spaced out in class. She turned back to the textbook when Jimin finished his reading and her mind is still full of curiosity. I wonder what he was thinking just now

The class dismissed an hour later after the break bell chimes. Jimin lean his back against the chair while closing his eyes, his mind was scattered everywhere and he was wondering why was he like this. Suddenly Jungkook came to his desk and placing a peach flavored can drink on his cheek, causing the ginger head to jumped off his seat in surprise.

“Tch. It's just you.” He takes the drink from Jungkook's hand and popped the opener, taking one gulp as if he was drinking alcohol.

Jungkook took the seat in front of him as the boy tilted his head while looking like he is going to ask a question. Jimin gulped the peach drink until the last sip and realized Jungkook was staring through him. He punched his biceps in a playful way but Jungkook did not move a little. It scares him.

“Yah. Why are you staring at me like that?” His deadly eye gaze that everyone in school afraid of, is looking at him in the most uncomfortable way. “Cut it out, dude!”

“I just want to read what's inside your mind, Park Jimin.” Jungkook's answer was unreasonable but it caught him off guard.

“What? Yah, Jeon Jungkook. I'm fine. Why are you so curious about what I was thinking inside my head?”

The latter leaned forward a little, “You're not the usual Park Jimin.”

Jimin sigh. What's wrong with him today that everyone thought he is being weird? Did he have an eyelid surgery when he was asleep last night that makes everyone curious? He just doesn't know what to answer.

“You've been spacing out in class, oppa. That's weird.” Jinsil came in between their conversation as she takes the seat next to Jimin. “If it's because of me then, I apologize.”

“Jinsil-ah,” he blew a raspberry, “no. It's not about you. It has nothing to do with you. I'm just... I just don't know it myself. Ah, what the .” He buried himself on the desk and after letting out a loud groan, he finally lifted his head back up again. “My mind was filled with thoughts about the Principal and Secretary Yook were involved in a sly innuendo.” He explained, “Secretary Yook had never brought up anything about the thing he and the Principal involved in. If it's something related to the Student Council, then why did I was not given any notice?”

“Probably because it was something personal.” Kim Yerim answered his question and the three of the students turned their heads on the demon vice president. “Secretary Yook did not want you to involve in this matter. He keeps it a secret from us.” She rests her on the desk near her and crossed her arms, “I heard it from Treasurer Choi that he had some personal problem that he didn't want us to get involved.”

Jimin stood up, the statement Yerim just said was giving him a shock to say anything. “Then, why does it have to involve Principal Kang? He just can tell us the problem he had with us.”

Yerim shrugs, “Like I said, it's a personal matter. Perhaps the Principal has another way to help him? I don't know.” She stares at Jimin who began to become a worrywart as his face express his emotion. She pats his back to soothe him down, “I'm sure he'll open up to us soon. It's just in a matter of time.”

In the middle of the serious mood, suddenly a ginger head girl come bouncing in between them. Everyone was shocked at the sudden presence of Kang Seulgi who was smiling happily as she takes a seat on the desk next to Jimin.

“Can I join you guys? Looks like you guys are in an interesting conversation.”

The four of them look at each other and didn't realize that they unintentionally form a clique of five people, including Kang Seulgi.

 


*Prez - a short form for President

New characters were added - Sungjae and Seulgi! Even as a side character, they still played an important role in this story. Also, there will be no bad guys in this story. Yugyeom is not a bad guy okay. He's just jealous of Jungkook but he is still a good kid.