Chapter 3

One Love For You

(Still a flashback)

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

"You cheated? Why? Are you not happy being with me?" I suddenly ask making Sooyoung and Jessica stopped dragging me. Jiyeon didnt answer me. "What makes you cheat behind me? Am I not good enough for you? What did I do to deserve this?" I asked again. Without answer, she walks to the drawer and took someting. "Take it back. I dont need it anymore." she said coldly. It was my present for her. A necklace that I bought for her a few months ago. I stares at it without no emotions. I do feel hurt, but its just..unexpected. "Now go." she turned around with her back facing me.

 

 

 

 

 

"Taeng..lets go." Sooyoung said as she wraps her arms around my shoulder. I shook my head. I still wanna talk to Jiyeon. "Tae, we should just leave. She's hurting you!" my cousin said almost shouting on my face. "She or he? They can treat you better than me right? They will always take care of you right?" a tears fell from my eye. I cant believe that she's not mine anymore. She didnt even look at me. I guess her love for me is faded a long time ago. She's obviously hating me right now.

 

 

 

 

 

"She's way better than you." thats the last thing I heard that day.

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up in my room. I look around and saw the necklace at the nightstand. So its not a dream. Its real. We already broke up. I let out a chuckle. Its funny when something you never expect happened at the most unexpected moment. Feeling thirsty, I leave my bed and walk downstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

I saw Sooyoung and Jessica in the living hall but my legs didnt stop. I kept walking to the kitchen. I feel hurt on my head all of a sudden. Maybe because everything that happened is so sudden so my head is in mess. A familiar voice were heard behind me. I turn around with a glass on my hand. "You okay buddy?" Sooyoung seems worried at me. Her eyes showed it clearly. I just smile bitterly giving an answer to her. She rubs my back slowly when I choked. "Yah Tae, you should just stay in your room and rest." she said while helping me to put the glass down. "And what?!" my head was in mess and I couldnt just stay in my room, crying. It'll hurt me more. Sooyoung didnt answer me. She look a little bit shocked cause I raised my voice at her."Look, I'm fine. Dont worry about me okay." I sighs and walk away from her. "Kim Taeyeon." my cousin stopped me. She crossed her arms on her chest, staring at me.

 

 

 

 

 

"Go back to your room. You're not allowed to go anywhere Taeyeon." her cold voice makes me shiver. But I need to go out. I need to calm down. "No Sica. I cant stay in my room. Move, I wanna go out. Please." I was pushed by her. She wouldnt let me out. "I'm not 5! I can take care of myself. Stop worrying me would you?!" I starts yelling at her. I feel bad for yelling but I've no choice. I push her away and walk to the front door. I was about to pull the door knob but suddenly I feel wet on my nose. What the ..why am I bleeding?

 

 

 

 

 

Someone pulled me from behind. Sooyoung hold my shoulder, shaking my body. "Yah Kim Taeyeon! You hear me?! Yah!" I can hear her voice followed by Jessica's panic voice while they looking at me. I'm bleeding on my nose. Everything is blurry and I shook my head to clear it. I suddenly feel pain on my head. "Tae, are you okay? please say something." Jessica ask me in worried. I didnt answer her and I fell on Sooyoung's embrace. Everything went black. Am I going to heaven?

 

 

 

 

 

5 months later.

 

The test is over. I drags my legs to the car since I've nothing to do at school amymore. My driver opens the car's door for me but then, I saw them. She's with someone at the school gate. Her new girlfriend I guess. They were hugging and even kissing in public. She looked happy with her new girlfriend. Sigh. I shouldnt feel jealous. She's not mine anymore. I should move on and forget everything. There's no us anymore. I hope Eunjung will take care of her better than me. Yes, her girlfriend's name is Eunjung. And Eunjung is my friend. I dont know what is happening with her dating Jiyeon while she actually knew Jiyeon is my girlfriend. I never talk to Eunjung since I saw them together after Jiyeon broke up with me.

 

 

 

 

 

Eunjung saw me looking at them. She smile at me. Her smile is somewhat..bitter. I mean, if she really backstabbed me by dating Jiyeon, she could just smirk at me or something. I dont know why but her eyes showed something different. I smile back at her and get inside the car. Eunjung is a good person. I trust her that she'll take care of Jiyeon as much as I do before. I acted strong infront of people. But too bad, I couldnt hide it with my grades. Since we broke up, my grades isnt great like before. I wasnt in the top 50 either. I dont care about it. As long as I'm still alive, then I can manage it.

 

 

 

 

 

I arrives at home. Welcomed by my maids. They were looking at me weirdly. Some of them are looking worried and panic. What happen? I was about to walk upstairs but Jessica appear out of nowhere. "Tae..you look pale. Whats wrong?" she put her palm on my forehead and gasps. "You're burning!" gosh her voice is so loud. She can just tell me slowly about it no need to shout at me aigoo this girl. "Then I'll go upstairs and rest in my room. Alright? No need to worry about me." I smiles at her and forced my heavy legs to walk upstairs. "Tae, no. Lets go to the hospital." she pulled my hands from walking. "Yah, I'm just having a fever. Nothing serious. Seriously Sica, I'm fine I just need to rest." ever since I broke up with Jiyeon, Jessica and Sooyoung never stopped worrying me. They were like protecting me from harm for 24/7. Its not like I hate it. Its just, I know I can manage it. I'm used to it. "I wont take no. Come with us." Sooyoung appeared and suddenly pulled my hand to the door and enter the car as my driver drove to the nearest hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

Doctor said that I've to stay for 3 days at the hospital. I just agreed with him because Sooyoung and Jessica wont let me go home if I say no to him. Due my fever and depression, I've to stay here. Breaking up with Jiyeon really effected me. Its been months but yet, I'm still like this. Heartbroken. She's happy now with Eunjung. I should be happy that her girlfriend is Eunjung instead of someone else. At least I know that Eunjung is a good person.

 

 

 

 

 

My condition is still the same like yesterday. Doctor Lee sighs after wrote something on the paper. "You should take care of yourself." he said while looking at me. "I am." I replied and look away from him. "No you're not. Listen Taeyeon, if you being like this again tomorrow, I wont let you leave this place. You wanna stay here for weeks? Months perhaps?" he smirked at me. Sigh. I bet Sica asked him to do this. I just rolled my eyes. Its annoying when I cant even do something that I want. "Can you just let me die?" I said it all of a sudden. Its shutting him up.

 

 

 

 

 

"Do something so that I can die and leave this cruel world." he still looking at me without saying anything. "God is being unfair to me. I never ask anything. I just wanna be happy with her. " I starts crying like a mad person. I've been holding it back since months ago. Too much burden in my chest. It feels hurt. Doctor Lee pulled me into his chest. Hugging me like a father. He nodded to everything I said. "Let it out. Say whatever you want." he said and patted my back slowly. I told him everything and he never ask me to stop even it took hours.

 

 

 

 

 

Its been 1 year since we broke up. I've moved on and I feel much better now. I havent seen Jiyeon and Eunjung. They were nowhere to be found. I leaves my classroom and meet Sunny, my friend. She's actually one and only daughter of Doctor Lee. She's always here with me and I never feel lonely. And one day, Sunny confessed to me. She told me about her feelings but ofcourse I didnt accept her. I talked to her slowly and explain to her not wanting to hurt her with my answer. I'm not ready to let anyone replace Jiyeon's position in my heart yet. I'm glad Sunny never hates me with my answer. She never complain about us, being only friend. Nothing more.

 

 

 

 

 

"Lets go to the amusement park Taengoo-ah. I wanna ride roller coaster with you." she pulled my hand excitedly. This kid is seriously have so much energy. "Roller coaster? Yah yah!" she didnt let me speak and keep pulling me to the car. She sometimes annoying but without her, I wont be happy right now. "Thanks for everything." I said it on my mind while looking at her. She's holding my hand tightly. She were looking outside, enjoying the view. Sooyoung and Jessica always made fun of us. They thought I'm dating Sunny because we always stick together almost everyday. We're holding hands, feeding each other, sleep together and hugging in public but seriously I'm not dating Sunny.

 

 

 

 

 

One day, I was playing tennis with Sooyoung when suddenly Hyomin appeared out of nowhere. She looked panic. "Tae.." she stopped running when Jessica glares at her. "What are you doing here?" Jessica asked coldly. Me and Sooyoung stopped playing the game and walk closer to them. "If you wanna talk about your sister, then you may leave. She have nothing to do with your sister anymore." Sooyoung pulled me to her back. I dont hate Hyomin. Its not her fault that I broke up with Jiyeon. But I wonder why she came here. I hold Sooyoung's hand to make her calm down. I know they're mad but Hyomin know nothing about it.

 

 

 

 

 

"Tae.." Jessica said while I'm just smile at her. "Whats wrong Hyomin-ah?" I asked Hyomin calmly. "I'm sorry but you need to know this. Its about Jiyeon." I heard Sooyoung scoffed behind me when she heard Jiyeon's name. "Stop right there Hyomin. There's nothing to talk about her. She broke up with Taeyeon a long time ago." Sooyoung said as Hyomin look down on her lap. "Go to her new girlfriend. For sake, why Taeyeon?" Jessica added making the atmosphere tense even more. "Guys please..its okay." I tryna stop them from making it harder for Hyomin. I look back at Hyomin, letting her continue to speak.

 

 

 

 

 

"Please let me explain everything. I wont force you to come but at least listen first." she said making me curious. "Come? What do you mean?" Jessica asked. "Jiyeon never tell you about why she broke up with you right Tae?" ignoring Jessica's question, Hyomin look at me. "She only said that she have someone else." I replied remembering the moment when we broke up. "She's cheating." Sooyoung bluntly said. "She lied. To you guys, to me as well. I found the truth a few days ago." she lied? What is happening? Hyomin hold my hands tightly. There's a tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean she lied? After 1 freaking year, you came and told us that she lied? Its not funny. We saw her with Eunjung. Hugging and kissing in public. You wanna tell us that was fake? Are you kidding me?" Jessica snapped at Hyomin. But I agreed with my cousin. If Jiyeon lied to me about dating Eunjung then why she wanna tell me about it after I year? I've moved on. "Tae..she's dying." I froze. Dying? What is that mean? "She broke up with you cause she knows she wont make it. She was suffered with cancer." I was blank. I dont know what to say. Its like..my heart is breaking once again but I didnt feel any pain. What if she lie? What if she already broke up with Eunjung and she have no one else and decided to come back to me? "Tae..she didnt ask you to come. She dont know about me meeting you right now. Could you please.. see her before- before she leave.." Hyomin choked in tears while begging me to see her sister.

 

 

 

 

 

No one is talking. Hyomin just cried infront of me. "I want you to know that she still loves you Tae. She and Eunjung never dating each other. They were just a close friends. They pretend to be a couple to make you forget her." Hyomin added while crying out loud. I heard a loud sigh behind me. A hand on my shoulder make me turn around. "Go buddy, for the last time." Sooyoung smiles at me followed by Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyomin's house.

 

My heart is racing like crazy. I'm not sure if I'm nervous to meet her or I'm scared meeting her. But all I know is Jiyeon never cheat behind me and she still loves me as much as I do. I walk to her room with my hands sweating alot. Finally, I saw her. Laying on bed with Eunjung crying next to her. She look shocked to see me here. "Taeyeon?" Eunjung calls my name as I walk closer to the bed. "Hey buddy." I smiles and hug her tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

"H-how.." Jiyeon weakly said as she look at me. Her skin was pale. She look skinnier than before. I guess she lost weight cause of her cancer. "Hyomin told me everything." I sat next to her, taking her hand to my lap. "I'm s-sorry..." she said slowly enough for me to hear it. I shook my head while her hand. "I understand why you did that so nevermind. I wont blame you. I'm here with you now. I love you." I kiss her hand like how I used to do it before.

 

 

 

 

 

She close her eyes as I kissed her forehead. "I love you.." I heard she said it. "I love you too." I quickly replied as I feel her hand starting to be cold. I'm trying to control my tears. I know..she was about to go. I wraps my arms around her and carry her to my lap. She pull me for a kiss. Her lips that always addicting. It feels the same even it was pale and dry. I close my eyes as we continue to kiss. I cant explain how much I missed her. Suddenly..she stops. She's not moving. She didnt hold me anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

I dont want to open my eyes. I dont wanna see her, not breathing in my arms. But I have to. Eunjung my back as I hold tight on her body. A tears fell when I saw her. Thats it. I'm crying out loud not wanting to let her go. She's gone.

 

(End flashback)