The Stranger

The Stranger

“Honey, can you come down?” your mom yelled. You ran downstairs to find your mother in the kitchen. “What’s wrong?”  You asked curiously.

“Can you go to the convenience store to do the groceries?” You sigh as quietly as possible so your mother didn’t hear it. You can’t refuse her because she has spine problems, you don’t want her to suffer. “Okay, what do you need?”

Your mom walks over to you and gives you a list and money. “If you can’t find something just let it be.” She said with a smile. “Okay I’ll be back before 9!” you say before walking to where you held all your shoes. You put on your shoes and grab a thin jacket. You step out your house to be hit by the cold air. You were about to close the door before your mom screams “Be careful, it’s late!”

“Okay!” She was right it is late, actually it’s too late to let a girl walk alone at the street. You lived in a city just outside Seoul, it wasn’t dangerous but it wasn’t save to. You walk down the street to the convenience store.

The store was just 8 streets away. You saw people walking around in black. At this point you were getting scared. You started to walk faster. You passed some alleys. Just when you were 4 blocks away from the store, someone pulled you into an alley and covered your mouth with his big hands so no one could hear you when you scream.

You started to panic. Tears were forming in your eyes. He scanned you from behind. “What should I do with you? There are so many choices.” He said letting you fear him even more now. He held you with his left hand against the wall with your back to him. He started to touch you with his other hand. “STOP, please…” you begged him silently.

“You think I’m going to let you go so easily?” he said with a smirk plastered on his face. “Please, someone save me.” You thought to yourself.

Suddenly you were set free ((A/N) I want you to break free~ Sorry, I just had to…) You looked to your left where the kidnapper was now laying on the ground in pain. You turned to your right and saw an another guy dressed in black. It only got scarier…

You stepped backwards only to hit the wall behind you. The stranger looked your way. His expression softened when he looked into your eyes. “Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you.” You looked at him with disbelief. “Just… Trust me.” He said softly.

You scanned his face. He had a mask on but he looked friendly and at the same time tough because of his many earrings/piercings. You believed and trusted him because there was no one around, you had no other choice.

The kidnapper stood slowly up. The guy walked over to him and punched him in the face and he fell again on the ground. He turned towards you, grabbed your wrist and pulled you away from the alley. He started to walk in the way of your house (It’s not like he knew where you lived though. That would be creepy…)

“Wait!” You whisper yelled. He turned around to look at you. “I have to go the other way…” He looked at you with an unbelievable expression. “You still want to go that way?!” He said now with an annoyed voice. “You know, I came here in the first place because I have to do the groceries.”

He glared into your soul. “You still want to go that way?!” He repeated himself while pointing towards the opposite way where not long ago someone tried to kidnap you. “You’re not going that way again! You’re crazy! Go home and ask your dad or brother to do it. It’s dangerous to be around so late.” He said calming at the last sentence.

“B-but I live only with my mother…” You stuttered. “I really have to go!”

“I said no, I don’t want you to go that way!” He said getting annoyed again. You then realized something, “Why do I have to listen to you?! You’re still a stranger to me.” You said and turned your back to him to continue your walk to the store.

Before you could take a step, he grabbed your wrist (again). “Okay, wait. I should at least introduce myself. I’m Jaebum, Im Jaebum.”  He pulled his mask down. You now had a full look of his face. “He’s handsome.”

He bowed lightly. “I’m Y/N.” you smiled and bowed too. “ That’s a beautiful name you have there.” He smiled.

“Thanks, but I’m still going to the store.” You turned again to continue your walk (again). But this time no one grabbed you by your wrist.

You walked down the street and you finally noticed that Jaebum walked right next to you. He noticed you finally noticed him.

“You thought I’m going to let you go alone?”

“Nah…” there fell an awkward silence.

“Thank you for earlier and now. You really hadn’t to…” He looked your way. “I hadn’t to? You wanted to die or worse? And after that I have actually no other choice. I can’t let you go alone. Beauties shouldn’t be let alone at night.” A smile crept on his face from relieve that he finally could say it.

“So… that means you can go. I’m not a beauty.”

“In my eyes you are a beauty…” He said slightly blushing and a bit shy. You took a glance at his face and you immediately inverted your gaze blushing like a crazy at his comment. While walking he would sometimes glance at you from the corners of his eyes.

You finally reached the convenience store. “So, what do you need?” he said now looking at you. You took out the list your mother gave you. “There isn’t a lot of stuff on it…” You said slight annoyed because your mother sent you only for like 6 things.

“I’ll take the ramen, paprika and the cereals. You take the rest!” He said. “You don’t have to.” You said but when you looked up from the list he was already gone. You sighed and let him be.

You walked to the pasta’s. You had to crouch because the one you were looking for were at the bottom shelf. You searched for the one you needed, but you couldn’t find it. You stood up and turned around.

You were surprised to find Jaebum stand before you. You took a few steps backwards but you tripped over something. Before you could hit the ground, Jaebum caught you in his arms. You looked into his eyes. Breath getting heavy, heart beating so hard it could burst out of your chest and your face red as a tomato.

He chuckled at the view “So cute.” He thought. He brought you to your feet. “Be careful, there’s a box behind you.” He pointed behind you at a box. You turned around to look at the box. “Oh! Those are the pasta’s I searched for!” You said a bit too excited.

“I have never before saw someone get so excited just about finding some pasta.” He laughed. You chuckled awkwardly. “Did you get everything?”

“No, just 2 more things.” You said already walking to the other thing you need with Jaebum next to you.

After getting everything and paying the employee, you walked down the street to your house while Jaebum was still next to you and looking a lot around. “What are you doing?” You asked while you already knew what he was doing. “Just looking around. You never know what can happen.” He said now looking at you with a smile. You couldn’t take that adorkable smile anymore and smiled back at him.

“This is my stop!” you said without wanting to show you were actually sad that the walk with him was already over. “Okay then.” He said plainly. You were almost inside the building before Jaebum grabbed you again by the wrist. “Wait! Can… Can I see you again?” He asked full of hope. You smiled this was what you were waiting for!

“Sure. Do you want to exchange numbers?” you asked.

He grabbed excitedly a paper out of his pocket and gave it to you. “Do you have a pen?” He pouted this time. “Yeah, I think I do have a pen…” You said already looking into your pockets. You took out a pen and wrote your number on it. You gave the paper back and he smiled at you.

“I’ll text you in a while.” You smiled back at him.

“I’ll get going now okay?” You grabbed the handle of the door. “Okay, go! Bye, see you soon!” He said already walking. “See you soon!” You said while waving at him. He waved back and waited for you to go in. “Hope to see you again, Y/N.” He said quietly to himself.