Chapter 1 : The First Day

Black Depth I : Curse of The Moon and The Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1

(The First Day)

 

Edited 06/12/2016

There are few stories or movies that telling you about the existent of some supernatural creatures. They show you the way those creatures live, how they survived and how they acted. Some even believe in it and some are not. Just like how it happens in some Vampire movies such as Twilight, Vampire Diaries and all, some are telling the truths and some says bull and illogical things. But in Baekhyun case, he always been such as a believer, he’s believe in vampire, actually he always believe in everything that relates to supernatural thingy.

He’s been living in the small New York town of Maysville for almost his seventeen years of life (he’ll be seventeen next month). Maybe living in a small town far from the big city like this is one of many reasons why he always listen to his grandmother story telling about vampire, werewolf, and sometimes fairy too (but Baekhyun won’t admit it himself that he love them the most) whenever she prepares him to sleep when he was still a little stupid innocent kid. But, honestly speaking, the effect of it is still there, remaining the same and fresh inside Baekhyun’s teenager mind. He’s such a believer and that’s only making it hard for him to erase all things from his mind eventhough he’s not five anymore.

Just like what will happen today, in the middle of gloomy day with a little drizzles and barely sunlight shine upon his little figure, Baekhyun makes his way towards his so called highschool old building. Hands inside his pocket with his hoodie covering half of his face, hiding his beauty face from anyone to see. He walks with a small steps, not rush and not too slow either, he walk passed the big old red stones gate of his highschool with his confident steps not even sparing any single glance to his surroundings. St. Malden O’Marie Highschool is the one and only high school in their small town. Everyone that attended this school almost known each other without needed much to ask about that person itself. They’re almost been together since kids, sharing the same school, classes and sometimes table whenever the break time is coming. So, when Baekhyun just passed the gate, it’s not a surprise for him to get a guy on his height cling himself on his arms.

“Jongdae.” He hissed in annoyance under his breath, giving a short side glance at the guy who clings onto his arm purposely.

“Yup, miss me? Because I missed you so ing bad, dude!” The annoying guy, Jongdae, or people love to call him ‘Byun Baekhyun the most loyal best ing friend’, said with his annoying trade mark camel smile.

Baekhyun only rolls his eyes as he kept walking, faster than before to avoid the rain who suddenly gotten heavy in no time and his bestfriend following him like a good puppy with his master leading the way.

They passed the entrance hall and turn to the corner whereas a few students lingering there, talking or puts something inside their own lockers or bags.

“So… how’s your holiday? Anything’s cool happen? Did you find any hot guy somewhere?” Jongdae asked, leaning his side on the locker beside Baekhyun’s as the latter getting a few of his book out of there.

Baekhyun shrugs, looking through his book with no interest at all. “You know… same old, same old. It’s kinda hard to find a hot guy around here aside from that Jongin guy.” He said meekly as he waves a little at Jongin direction, the guy he was talking about was about to shut close his locker door across from Baekhyun’s. Jongdae only rolls his eyes when he sees that.

“Geez. Anyone but him, please?”

Maybe Baekhyun can hear him saying that in a very low threatening voice, or maybe not, because Baekhyun seems fine and uncaring without any change of expression on his beautiful looking face.

Jongin waves back at Baekhyun in playful manners and send him his charming y wink. “Talk about me again, ladies?”

Baekhyun chuckles and shook his head. “Nope.” He then point at Jongdae. “He asked me every day with the same question of the hot guy thingy. I thought he’s talking about you.”

This time is Jongdae turn to roll his eyes twice in a day and turn around only to come face to face with Jongin, who was now already standing behind Baekhyun in no time with his bag already full of books. “I’ll be the last person to call you y, brother.” Jongdae spat bashfully.

“Ouch! At least trying to make your little brother happy for once, will you?”

“Well… not in my dictionary nor my wise life.”

Jongin shrugs while giving him a lopsided smile. “Well, no prob. Since I already read your new diary and you talk bull in there again.” Jongin retorted back, smiling bashfully at the red face Jongdae makes. His brother mad and that’s mean… He won.

“I told you already to stop sneaking inside my room, dammit!”

Jongdae was about to throw a punch at Jongin’s direction when the first bell suddenly blaring around the school. And now, its Baekhyun’s clue to circle his arm around Jongdae’s and dragged him to where their first class started. He throws Jongin a disapproving looks before they disappear in the corner.

“Remind me again why you and Jongin can be brothers.” Baekhyun huffs silently as they make their way to their seat, at the far end on the back and close to the biggest window of their classroom.

Jongdae shrugs his shoulder. “Simple. His father ing with my mother on his dead wife bed and just luck any other cliché drama, they fall in love and then happen.” He simply said while he’s taking out his biology book from his backpack. “Welcome to my fantastic world!” he continues, voice full of sarcasm and his smile full of fakeness.

Baekhyun only offers him a small little smile while rubbing his back in calming manners. Because right now, out of all people Jongdae closed to, only Baekhyun knew what Jongdae real feelings about everything that happen in his bestfriend life. About how much Jongdae hates his father for what he did, forgetting his mother who just passed away two weeks before by marrying Jongin’s mother and making him and Jongin half brothers who hates each other to the bones.

“Anyway, talk about .” Jongdae starts again after five minutes full of deafening silence (Baekhyun didn’t know what to say after Jongdae’s sudden outburst about his ed up life), he moves his eyes to the front as Baekhyun own eyes followed him curiously. “What the is happen and where is Mr.Lee?” Jongdae asked again and frowning as his eyes meet with Mrs. Kwon, their headmaster and the most annoying old woman in the entire school.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, amused. “Maybe you need to learn how to pay attention to what he says sometimes rather than staring at Mr. Lee thin y lips with drools on your mouth.” Baekhyun tease his bestfriend before he continues while reading some words on his book, “he already told us before the holiday that he will move out of the town with his wife last month.” Baekhyun says with steady voice when Mrs. Kwon starts talking and telling them about the new teacher for this semester.

The entire class was in silent mode as Mrs. Kwon walking back and forth in the front class with her hands claps behind her back, just like what every old people loves to do. The annoying clacking voice of her stupid brown old high heels kept disturbing the silent and making a few of them wincing slightly at it, but as if she didn’t even notice the discomfort, the old woman kept talking and walking at the same time with the same slow like snail pace (for Jongdae, of course).

“So… any question about your new teacher? Well, I hope nope. Because I won’t repeat anything anymore and I don’t have enough time to explain every single little thing about him to all of you.” She said, after talking an hour full without stopping and blinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter