||One||

His Alter Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having people around you doesn't always mean that you can't be lonely. Loneliness in my dictionary, is not having anyone understand you. I can be alive right now with a person next to me, our hearts beating simultaneously every second, yet I am still lonely. That feeling is when no one is really appreciating you or just saying "good job, you did well" or maybe just an "it's okay, there's always next time." Instead, I always feel like an empty body walking around because no one is willing to take my feelings into consideration. Hell, not even my dead sister. Or am I still just too selfish?

But right now in this empty world of mine, I am standing here with the rest of the humans. The species that I despise the most. Funny though, I'm one too. Although humans are supposed to be the type to be able to communicate, connect, and to do all those stupid things, it's just sugar coated to blind our true self. Maybe we aren't all that. Just selfish perhaps?

I gaze at the other humans as my bare shoulders touch the shoulders of others. Seemingly, it feels like my long black mermaid dress is suffocating myself as I sense demons walking down the stairs to pick their prey. I gulp, my red lips becoming drier each second. I couldn't lie that I was nervous or more like I was scared that I wouldn't be the ones that were able to walk out of those large doors free. I was frightened that I might not be able to go back into my mother's arms or be able to go back to that miserable life of mine in which I truly hated. 

I lift my chin, my curls tickling my skin as the cold breeze past me. I've been feeling cold since entering this place, or should I say the house of the Demon Leader Oh Daniel and his twelve sons. But it wasn't just thirteen demons here. There were many, ages between eighteen to twenty-five who wore masks that covered half of their face. Even the female demons didn't look any friendlier. Just their presence brought the energy in the room down and I bet they could easily sense the blood that rushed through our human veins.

I tried not to make any eye contact with the demons although my face was pretty much visible. I didn't notice that I was freezing everytime a demon glanced at me, my heart rate increasing each time their dark eyes examine my body or particularly my chest. I could see the hunger in their eyes and the way they wouldn't mind the life out of me or any other human in here. I pretty much didn't care much about the other humans. Just for my sake, I hoped I was able to walk out of this chained room.

In the room, demons smiled slyly as they picked their victim. The female demons continued to sway in their long gowns, their heels making noises. The males, who were their lips as they stuff their hands in the pockets of their pants made it hard to breathe. I stare ahead of me to line four or so while my heart continued to skip. One of the female demons gave me a smirk as she grasps onto a young human. Her long nails dug into his pale skin, enough to have his skin pierced before she pulled him into a sweet kiss. I twitch and come back to my senses.

"Hey, pretty lady." A male my age asked as he bites his lips which was totally unattractive. He smirks and runs a hand through his already groomed blond hair making me chuckle at his try-hard character. "Oh please, I can make you laugh and have fun at the same time." He winks and prepares to grab my necklace -which had a clear crystal- to imprint his name on it. That was the rule for imprinting in this meet and greet, to do it elegantly which was a total joke.

I quickly grasp my necklace so that he wouldn't be able to get ahold of it first. I turn my head to see the gold stencils that were imprinted on the walls only to hear him laugh in disbelief, "Really human?" He tugs on his collar impatiently and begins to move closer to me, his breath against my skin.

Another male comes up to me. He was laughing jokingly at the blonde man. "Jin, just go on." He pushes the blonde one away and Jin willingly goes. He looks back at me and smiles, "You alright?" 

I nod and loosened my necklace at the uncomfortable question. It's nothing to be weirded out by if you lived with people who cared, but to me, it wasn't a norm. "Yes, I'm good. Just hoping you're not here to claim me." I smile stupidly even though there was nothing attractive enough in me that I'd think a demon would want. 

"If you don't want me then no." He jokes handsomely making me suddenly warm inside. "I'm Kyungsoo." He whispers and I look at him confused. One of the rules was for demons to not let any human know who they were but I figured this one didn't really care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter