Sequel

Wall of darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon p.o.v.

"Happy birthday to you~~ happy birthday to you~~"  all where singing loudly while clapping their hands, while I was just standing in front of the cake with red cheeks.

I didn't really know what to do or where to look, so I just turned my gaze to the girl next to me. Hyomin was so calm while everybody was singing, always with that beautiful smile drawn on her face. So I relaxed a bit, just enjoing this moment. 

"Happy birthday Jiyeon and Hyominnnn~~~ happy birthday too you." Yes, I and Hyomin where celebrating our birthday together since they where just few days apart and we where all gathered in the kitchen of my home. With all I meaned Soyeon, my parents, Hyomin and me. Not that much of people but they where the only I needed to spent a beautiful birthday. 

"Com'on,  make a wish and blow off the candels." Soyeon said with her sweet voice, letting a little chuckle out while my mother was ready with the camera to take some photos. 

And so we did. I closed my eyes a moment, but I already knew what my biggest wish was.

I wish that Hyomin can gain her sight again.

"Ready?" I heard Hyomin's voice and understood that she was asking me if I already made my wish.

"Yes." I said with a smile after opening my eyes again and took her hand. After making a really fast countdown from 3 to 0  we blow the little candles off and once again everybody clapped their hands.

The little party went well; we ate the delicious cake and opened gifts our dear made for us. Soyeon unnie gave me a new helmet with a cute design on it while Hyomin received an mp3 player from my parents, since they already knew how much Hyomin loved music. 

 

 

"I am always happy when I can sleep next to you." Hyomin said with a grin on her face while I helped her sitting on my bed. It was already midnight passed, Soyeon went back to her home a bit earlier since she had a really stressfull work day the next morning and I invited Hyomin to stay for the night at my home. 

"Me too." I said sweetly, bending down to give her a soft kiss on the lips. The brunette brought her hands on my cheek while returning the kiss and I could feel shivers running in my spine for the beautiful sensations. 

"How much time passed since our first kiss?" Hyomin asked after we parted away, still her hands where placed on my cheek 

"Uhm, a year almost." I said, remembering that day at the beach with a smile. So many things happened from that day. So many beautiful memories where created. 

"And I'm still so addicted to your lips. I could seriously kiss them my whole life long." Hyomin said with her sweet but somehow y tone of voice, biting slightly on her lovery lip. 

"Well, if you will we can kiss forever. You know, I'm also addicted to your lips." I said, trying to make my voice sound y as she can.  Then she leaned in, bringing her arms around my neck, and once again we where involved in a kiss, this time more passionate and overwhelming, involving also our tongues in it. 

I could feel my body becoming hotter when I pushed my girlfriend delicately down so that she was lying on my bed with me on top of her, my hands on each side of her shoulder to give me support. 

I parted the kiss, just to place my lips on her long neck. The wonderful scent of her skin was making my mind go blank and I started to on it, earning a moan from the oldest that just turned me more on. 

"O-okay- Ji... I think it's enough-" I heard Hyomin saying with difficult but then let out another little moan when I shifted my head next to hears, on her earlobe. 

"Ji... really... it's n-not the right...time." Hyomin mumbled, pausing time to time and bringing a hand to push me slightly off. Well, she was right, it was not the case to make such things when my parents are at home. They know that we are together but my father already told me to not make "strange" things when we are in the room, at least not when he or mom are at home. Well, it would be really embarrassing if they would find us in the middle of our 'sport activity', thinking about it. 

With a little pout on my face I got off from Hyomin who put herself again in a sitting position. 

"Are you mad?" Hyomin asked, furrowing her brows in fear, when she didn't hear me saying a thing. 

"N-no." I said softly, taking her hand and not even a second later her expression relaxed. "I just miss you." I added. 

"Me too.." Hyomin said, caressing the back of my hand with her thumb. "I love you so much." She then continued. 

"I love you too." I mumbled sincerely, placing my lips again on hers, for a little sweet kiss. Then I took a deep breath.

"Com'on! I'll help you to put on the pajama, it's late." I said, trying to sound cheerful even if the tiredness of the day was beginning to affect me. 

Hyomin insisted to put alone her pajama on and I gave in. Maybe it's better so, before once again I could lose my mind with that nice body of her. 

I saw her taking off her shirt after I put the pajama next to her on the bed and I couldn't take my eyes away from that beautiful sight in front of me. I gulped while my gaze traveled from her red bra to her toned abs but then Hyomin brought up her arms to wear the white pajama shirt and my eyebrows furrowed in concern when once again I saw that  scar she had on her side. I sometimes forget that she went trought that horrible car accident who leave her all those painfull scars. Not only on her body, but also in her heart. And I could feel myself without breath everytime I would think about it. 

"Ji?" Hyomin called me, making me come back to my senses. Blinking two times my eyes I looked at her. She was already wearing the pajama, looking blankly in front of her. 

"Uh.. yes?" I mumbled with my husky voice.

"Are you okay? You are not talking that much. I was even wondering if you where still here." Hyomin said, forming her lips in a little pout.

"I'm jus really tired." I said as excuse. "Let's sleep." 

After putting Hyomin good under the covers, I lied next to her, bringing an arm around her waist to embrace her. Hyomin turned to the side and now we where facing each other, our nose almost touching. 

"Good night honey." Hyomin mumbled. 

"Good night my love." I mumbled back, before closing my eyes. 

 

Hyomin p.o.v. 

"Aigoo, dad let me drive. I didn't make the drive license for nothing... and then you look really tired." I said with a chuckle, noticing that my dad was going to sit on the driver seat. I put my hand forward with my palm open, expecting him to give me the car keys and fortunately he did without fighting back. So I sat on the driver seat, while my dad sat on the seat next to me and my mom right behind him. 

"Where is this restaurant exactly?" I asked while beginning to drive and my dad began to indicate me the right way to go. We where invited to a dinner tonight; my only aunt who lives from years already in China came back to Corea for a few weeks and asked us if we could see us and maybe eat well in a good restaurant. And so we did. Actually Soyeon unnie was going to come with us too but decided to stay at home since she wasn't feeling really well. 

"Go straight ahead on this crossroad." My dad said. We where waiting that the red traffic light flashed green and in the meanwhile I the radio, humming to the song that was just played while my parents where talking about something I wasn't even listening. 

"Finally." I mumbled to myself, letting out a little sigh when the traffic light became green after what felt like 10 minutes.

I began to drive again but then, when I arrived in the centrum of the crossroad, I saw a pick-up going in a fast speed towards the side of our car, right where my parents where sitting. 

"Hyomin!" I head my mom shouting in panic but I hadn't even the time to react that-

 

"NO!" I found myself sitting on the bed, breathing heavily. 

"Hyomin, what happened?" I heard Jiyeon's worried but still sleepy tone of voice asking me, followed by the little rumor of a light switcher that was surely . "Hey, don't cry." She then added softly, placing a hand on my back and caressing it to make me calm down.  

Crying? 

I placed a hand on my cheeks and they where wet. I really was crying and I could feel now other tears going up to my eyes when the flashback of what I just dreamed came back to my mind. 

"It was just a dream... okay?.." Jiyeon whispered next to my ear, after enclosing me in a tight hug. But it wasn't just a dream, it all happened for real. And even if I try to erease it from my memories, it won't go away. It will always be inside of me, haunting me and making me weak. 

"No.." i mumbled, crying silently on Jiyeon's shoulder. What would I do without her? She is like the light I can't see, the strengt I need to go one.

"It's all...my fault.." I then added, sobbing slightly. Because I was feeling responsabile for the tragic death of my parents. If I just reacted in time, if I just saw a few seconds before that stupid pick-up. If I just had more patience and passed that traffic light two seconds later, they would still be here. 

"Hyomin.." i felt Jiyeon's body shifting slightly and then two hands placed on my shoulders. "..Stop saying it's your fault when it isn't at all. It's all fault of that stupid man who was driving while he was drunk, okay? So stop it... please. You are hurting yourself even more like this." I was listening to Jiyeon's word and then one of her hands traveled on my cheek, washing away those salty tears i had versed. 

"I-I  just want to forget everything." I managed to say, trying to prevent other tears to fall. 

"It's not simple to forget such things, but you can learn to overcome this pain slowly." A moment of silence followed before Jiyeon continued. "... I'll help you to overcome this pain. I'll always be by your side." Somehow, hearing those words, I felt my heart becoming lighter. 

"Thank you." I could only say, searching her hand in the darkness. I then intervined my fingers with hers. "I really don't know what I would do without you."

"Well, me neither." Jiyeon said, making me smile slightly. "You know I'm happier since I met you, remember?" I could sense that her lips where curving upwards now. How much I wished to see that smile of hers. I'm sure there is nothing more beautiful then her smiling face. 

 

Two months later

 

Jiyeon p.o.v. 

Time seems to fly when I'm with Hyomin and things where getting in some way... tense?! That's because Hyomin has in two weeks her last eye operation and, after that, she would know if she could see again or if she has to live her whole life long in the darkness. 

I was nervous at the thought, Hyomin even more.. and it was difficult to make her think positively, even if I tried seveal times. 

At the end the chances where just for the 40%. 

"I'm not really hungry." Hyomin mumbled, shifting her head to the side when I was about to feed her a slice of meat.  I frowned slightly, putting down the chopsticks.

"You have to eat a bit, you are getting too skinny." I reasoned with caring tone. "You don't want to look at the mirror and see a skelet in a fee weeks, right?" I then added, trying to give her a reason to eat. 

"You are really sure I'm going to see again, hu?!" Hyomin mumbled with her low tone of voice, still something different was in her expression. She seemed almost irritated that I was this positive. 

"I-I'm just.. trying to stay positive." I mumbled, taken aback by the serious expression Hyomin was now wearing. I never saw her like this, maybe it was just the tension she had inside of her. 

"It seems more like you are planning everything already as if it is sure that I will see again. 'We could do this, go there'... but what if I will stay forever like this?" I was looking at Hyomin like she was a stranger in that moment in front of me. She wasn't calm, her tone wasn't sweet and her expression was becoming every second more frustrated and enraged.

"What if I will never see? Are you going to leave me because you can never be really free? Because you can't do all those things you wanted to do with me?" Hyomin continued, making me confused. How could she just thing in this way. I thought she had trust in me. 

"W-what?" I mumbled, feeling tears going up to my eyes and I didn't know if it was for frustration or delusion.

"How can you just think like this?" I then asked, clenching my teeth. Hyomin remained in silence, so i continued. "This is all the trust you have in me? You think I'll leave you just because you can never be able to see?" My sight blurred for the tears I had inside my eyes and I brought a hand to dry them so good I could, as if I didn't want Hyomin to see me in this state. 

"I-.." i brought my gaze again to Hyomin when she began to talk. This time she was different; it looked light she was the one taken aback and a hint of guilt was also to see on her face. 

 "You what?" I asked with cold voice since Hyomin wasn't continuing her sentence. She took a deep breath. 

"I didn't mean it in this way." The brunette then said, making me rise my brows in disbelief. 

 "How did you mean it also? It just sounded as if you never knew me at all!" My tone remained low but I knew I was hitting her hard since her brows furrowed in panic and fear. 

"I'm sorry, okay?! I didn't mean to say those things. I'm just scared... I'm really scared." Hyomin hang her head low, almost embarassed to tell me how she was feeling inside. I softened a bit my rigid posture. "I don't want to disappoint you.." she then added almost in a whisper.

"Disappoint me?" I mumbled, furrowIng my brows.

"I really want to do with you all those things you planned. I want to visit Japan with you. I want to go to the cinema and see a movie with you. I want to see videos of you when you where little... and also look at all the phot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter