Final

Wall of darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon p.o.v.

"Dad, please." I bleaded for the hundredth time, still I couldn't convince him.

 Even if my parents had enough money they didn't want to buy me a scooter that I really wanted. They told me that with 20 years I was enough old to buy myself things. 

In other words, I had to find myself a mini job to get the money I needed.  Saying that I was pissed off wouldn't be enough.  

Knowing that there was no way to make my parents change their mind, I so searched on Internet or in the journals for some job I could do after my school hours and, after a week of constant searching I found finally something interesting: someone was searching a help for her blind sister. Well, I think it is just to take a walk with her, help her to eat and such things. It didn't seem that difficult or tiring, plus, it was just for a few hours from Monday to Friday and the salary was also good payed.

Fortunately Park Soyeon, so was the name of the young woman who searched help for her sister, accepted me as her "Assistent" after a long talk on the phone.

The next day I could already begin my new work and, after a long and annoying day of lessons at school, I made my way to the house of this Park Soyeon. It was a little house with a little garden at the entrance. It was cute, I thought, while passing next to all those colorfull flowers. 

"Oh you came just in time." said the brunette who opened the door after I rang the door bell. She was dressed elegsntly with a gray skirt and a gray jacked. "Wait, you are Park Jiyeon right?" she then asked. I nodded. "And you Park Soyeon?" I asked.

"Yes, sorry I didn't introduce myself before." She smiled warmly at me, making a bit of space to let me in. "I'm really in a rush, I have work today." she then continued while I could feel a soft piano played in the back round now. 

"Don't worry Mrs. Park." I said with a little smile but then she laughed.  

"Please call me Soyeon. It makes me feel old if you call me Mrs." I nodded shyly.

Since Soyeon was in a hurry she showed me the house fastly, beginning from the living room, to the kitchen, the bathroom, her room and for last the room from her sister. 

It was from this last room that the piano sound was coming. 

Soyeon knocked softly on the brown wooden door and then opened it; while she entered the room, I remained on the outside, still looking in. 

There I could see the silouette of another girl, sitting in front of the piano while giving me the back. Her long brown hairs where swaying from left to right while her fingers where sliding on the white and black piano keys making a soft melody spread in the whole house.

"Hyominnie, the new girl is here." Soyeon's voice ecoed loud enough to make the girl stop playing. 

"Oh, nae?!" This Hyomin said, and I couldn't deny that her voice was really soft and delicate. 

Soyeon looked towards my direction and invited me to enter the room with a fast movement of her hand. I so approached the two and cleared my voice to talk.

"Hi, I'm Park Jiyeon, nice to meet you." I said with my husky voice but still didn't manage to look at her clearly in the face. 

"Nice to meet you Jiyeon, I'm Hyomin." Hyomin introduced herself, standing up. She then turned around and for a moment I could feel myself stopping breathing for the sight in front of me.

She was so beautiful. 

Her skin was so uniform and had a beautiful white color while her cheeks where slightly pink. Her lips where full and seemed so soft, her nose was little and round, like the doll ones and her yes where big with a magnificent hazel brown color of her iris. 

Still there was this thing that made my heart ache.

Here eyes where reflecting the wall of darkness she could only see.

They where empty and lost.

"Well, I'll go then. Bye girls." Soyeon said and leaved after giving a kiss on Hyomin's cheek. 

"Your are very talented in playing piano." I said when we where alone in the room. Hyomin smiled shyly at my words.

"Thank you." She said. "Let's sit in the living room so we can talk a bit... you know, we have to spend much of the time together and it's better if we know each other, don't you think?" The brunette then continued, curving her lips in a smile that revealed also her perfect white theet. 

"You are right." I said, smiling at her even if she couldn't see it.

 

 

"How old are you Jiyeon?" She asked, managing to palce carefully the glass of water I prepared her a few minutes ago on the little caffee table. "Your voice sounds so ...young and fresh." Hyomin added with a chuckle.

"Really?" I chuckled too. "Well, I'm 20 years old." I informed.

"Aigoo, you make me feel old you know?" The brunette ruffled in a cute way her nose and I couldn't but laugh slightly. 

"Why? You don't look that much older then me." I said. I really thought she was 21 or 22 years old. 

"I'm 3 years older then you!" She said with a little pout.

"Aigoo, you are really old." I teased a bit with a laugh, noticing how tragic it was for her to have already 23 years. 

"Yah!" She said aloud, letting out a whine that made me laugh a bit more.

"Sorry, I was just teasing you." And hearing those words from me, she led out a chuckle.

"You know what Jiyeon? I think we two can go along really well!" Hyomin said with a smile. 

"I think so too!" And I meaned it. Hyomin wasn't only beautiful but also kind and friendly and it didn't take us long to cross that awkward 'I don't know what to do or say' line.

"Is it okay if-" Hyomin said after we talked a bit, bringing her cold hands forward to my face. For a moment I remained confused but then I understood what she wanted to do.

"Yes, don't worry." I said calmly and not long after I felt a soft hand touching my cheek with the tips of the fingers.

"My hands are clean." Hyomin said with a little chuckle while also the other hand found it's way towards my face.

"I didn't doubt it." I said with a smile, also because I could smell the nice scent of soap. Her hands traveled around my forehead, going then down to my brows and delicately on my eyes that I closed for a moment. 

"Wow, you have really sharp eyes." I heard her saying while curving her lips in a grin. 

"Yes, everyone says it." I mumbled while Hyomin's hand traveled around my nose, again on my cheeks and then on my lips. She slided her thumb on my lover lip and I don't know why, I felt myself blushing for the touch. 

Her hands traveled on my chin before making them slide down. 

"Y-you must be very beautiful." Hyomin said and I could feel a hint of shyness creeping in her. 

How cute. I thought while my lips curved once again upwards. 

"You think so?" I said and saw her nodding twice.  

"You must be very popular at school." Hyomin then said, making me rise my brows for a moment. Well, she was right indeed. 

Since my grades where one of the best in the whole school, my sports skills where also high and the fact that more then the half of scool wants to date me or be just my friend, made me become one of the 'vip' in the school.

"Kind off." I nodded. "But I don't like it." 

"Wae?" Asked the brunette, rising one of her brows.

"You know, everyone wants to be my friend just because I'm famous. They somehow use me just to become also famous at school. But I feel like I don't have any real friend, they never notice when I'm sad or sick..  they will never ask if I'm fine." I paused a second. "They are all fake at the end." 

I looked at Hyomin, her hands where playing with the hem of the white t-shirt she was wearing. 

"I understand how you are feeling Jiyeon." Hyomin said, leaning back on the sofa. "When I stll was in university and I could stll see, I was surrounded by people who wanted to be my friends. They said that I was pretty and cute." She let out a little laugh. "But they never tried to know me for real... I sometimes asked myself if they really cared for me but I had my answer after the accident. They never visited me once." I could see her expression sadden slightly. 

"A-accident?" I asked with slightly trembling voice. 

"Oh, Soyeon unnie didn't explain you how I ended like this?" Her sweet voice ringed in the rome.

"No.." i mumbled. "But you don't have to talk about it if you don't want." I made sure to clear this.

"It's okay." Hyomin smiled at me, still a bit of sadness could be seen  "there isn't actually much to say. I had a car accident more then two years ago,  my parents where involved too and died right away... While I remained in come for almost three weeks." She stopped a second, biting slightly on her lover lip. "When I woke up I couldn't see anything." 

I remained a second in silence, not even knowing what to say. I was so shocked to know the truth and I couldn't really understand what this beautiful woman next to me did wrong to deserve this destiny. 

"Are you still there?" She asked after a few minutes of silence, briging a hand forward to touch mine. 

"Yes.." I answered, still a bit of sandness in my voice. "I'm sorry for what happened. You really didn't deserve it." I then added.

I could only admire Hyomin when she curved her lips in a smile. After all what happened, she had still the force to smile and go on with her life.

"It's okay." I heard her saying. "How is the weather outside? I really want to take a walk." 

 

 

 

"--I didn't thought he would have the courage to kiss me, in front of all my schoolmates also! I was freaking out and gave him a kick right..well you know where." I laughed while telling Hyomin one of the strange episodes happened to me at school. Hyomin laughed hearty while holding closer my arm with hers.

We where walking long the quite park. It was 5 p.m. and the sun was shining bright while the light breeze was tickling the exposed skin.

 "Wow, I didn't thought you could be this violent." Hyomin said, bringing her head to face the sky with a smile.

"I'm a girl with many surprises." I said with a chuckle. Then I saw a little playground a few meters away but the thing that caught most my eyes was the swing. 

"Com'on, let's fly." I said enthusiastic and walked a bit faster.

"W-what?" She asked confused, not leaving the grip from my arm.

"Sit here, it'll be fun." I said when we arrived in front of the swing. I helped Hyomin to place her hands on the two metal sides of the structure and she immediately understood what it was.

"A swing?" She asked rising a brow. 

"Just sit down." I said playfully and she obeyed.I stood behind her and began to push her slowly with a smile on my lips. I know we shouldn't do things like this at our age, but who cares? I don't know why but I want to spend good time with this girl. I want to make her smile and laugh, I want her to have beautiful memories to think off.

 

 

One moth later.

 

I was doing my homework in Hyomin's room while she was playing a sweet melody on the piano. I found myself looking time to time at her while her fingers moved automatically on the right notes.

It was like Hyomin was born with this talent and the feelings she put in every song she was playing was also brought in my heart. It was so magnificent and pure. 

"Can you play 'Don't leave?'" I asked after she finished the song. I loved the melody of this song by t-ara and I would almost every day ask her to play it for me. 

"You really love this song, don't you?" She said with a little chuckle.

"I love how you play it." I said honestly, placing the pen I was holding on the desk since conversing with Hyomin had always the best over everything else. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter