Conditioning

Royalty Targeted

Yein

My life story so far, has been split into two parts: before thirteen and after thirteen.

Before thirteen me and my twin brother, Jungkook's life was absolutely perfect. We were born into very wealthy families and given everything a child could ever want. All of the best toys, clothes, and a more than prosperous social life. We shared a room that was bigger than all of the other rooms in our mansion. Why? Well when it was announced that my mother would be giving birth to twins back when me and my brother were still fetuses, our parents had the walls between two bedrooms knocked down and turned into one giant room. One half was painted pink, the other was painted blue. When we got older and opted for more privacy a bookshelf was put inbetween our rooms where we could just simply pull out a first edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to which the bookshelf would slide apart.

We had everything any child could have dreamed of and our life was great. Until we turned thirteen and everything went to .

Oh our family remained rich and all that good stuff. However me and my brothers lives became a lot more complicated. For one, the mother who seemed to love me unconditionally seemed to love calling me fat and hinting that I needed to diet when I gained five pounds my eighth grade year. She even bought me my first bottle of diet pills. She started to really hammer in all of the fashion stuff too. I had a relatively tomboyish fashion. None of my was cheap, I had top notch . However she considered my since of fashion a disgrace and she made me spend the summer before I started high school burning my old clothes as she stocked my wardrobe filled with much more "lady like" clothing. My jeans became pink pencil skirts. Knee high socks turned into powder white stockings. My treassured collection of sneakers turned into painful high heals. She didn't care how much I cried or begged. Her uncondional love was no more, and it was when she banned me from eating chicken, my favorite food that I realized that her love came with conditions, and lots of conditioning. She was turning me into a carbon copy of herself.

My brother wasn't let off easy. It was around the same time I started dieting was the time that our father put him on a strict diet too. Not to lose weight, but to gain muscle. The comments he would make towards Jungkook, like being too skinny and never being able to find a woman because no one likes a twig man eventually broke him down. And cereal became protein shakes, time spent skateboarding and playing video games turned into him getting his own personal gym where he'd spend ours lifitng weights and excersing. I'd join him from time to time, however my mother would always come and get me, telling me not to work out too hard because "No man wants a woman stronger than him." 

An average person would look at this and think that's so sad, but in the end, our parents were right. People care about appearances way more than they care about talent or companionship or how good of a person someone is. I've witnessed it all throughout my life. The chubby girl who spends time working with the poor after school still got bullied, the scrawny boy in gym class still got the beat out of him everyday, and so on and so forth. And guess what? Me and my brother didn't suffer through any of that, because our parents prepared us for the worst. Deep down, they really cared about us. And because of it, high school was great.

 Eventually our persnalities change right with our appearance. We became cold and unbothered by most stuff because what was going on inside was slowing dying. At least in my body, I've already been hospitalized several times for my lungs collapsing and just, fainting in general from "lack on nutrition." Jungkook's not foreign to hospital visits either from straining his body either. Now, we're attending the same university as our parents, and pledging into the same fraternity and sorority as our parents. We're going to be following in our parents footsteps just as they followed in theirs, and we'll carry on the family name seamlessly.

A/N:

"Conditioning" is kind of another word for "brainwashing." So for those of you who are wondering why she's thinking like this, it's because she's been "conditioned" by her parents. Just wanted to get that out of the way. I'm not going to slap a trigger warning on the story because the stuff mentioned in this story is meant to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not a serious horror+ angst, it's a black commedy fan fic based off of a black comedy TV show. (Black comedy is bascially makes light funny matters out of disturbing or taboo subjects.) So yeah, I thought this would just be something goofy and different to try out.