Meanwhile, At School...

Who Would've Known
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Meanwhile, At School...

It’s amazing how big yet small the world is. Out of the seven continents, 196 countries, and 7 billion people in this world, Chaeyeon just had to end up in the same school as the one who managed to make her blood boil in less than 5 minutes. Fate must be playing with her life.

“Remember how I said that I’d better not run into you again? What kind of coincidence is this?”

“Kookie,” Chaeyeon literally spat out in disgust.

“Don’t ing call me that.”

They continued to stare off at each other, not wanting to break the eye contact. They both felt that if one of them was to break the eye contact off first, it would be a sign of retreating, which in both of their minds, seemed like a coward move. So they continued the intense stare down.

Despite how angry he made her, she couldn’t help but think that she was definitely screwed now. She was able to stand up against him, but there was no doubt that he could probably beat her up to a pulp within minutes if he wanted to. The way his body was built was enough to explain that no matter how strong or skilled she was, he was better. And in those 180 days of school that they had, he would have the chance to do whatever he wanted to. She was sure he would make her life pure hell. Chaeyeon hated to admit it, but she was a little…afraid. However, she was not going to let it show.

“Omo! It’s you from the other day!” another voice called out. He leaned down a little to match Chaeyeon’s height and slightly tilted his head in a cute manner.

Chaeyeon looked to the figure that was standing next to Kookie with wide eyes. He was displaying a wide smile and waving at her. She had completely forgotten about his presence. Eye Smile! A wave of relief gushed over Chaeyeon as she took notice of him. At least she wasn’t alone with Kookie.

“I didn’t know you went here? I’m guessing you’re new?” Eye Smile cheerfully said.

“Yeah, I just recently moved here,” Chaeyeon smiled.

“You must have art class right now, right? Kookie and I here have this class as well! Since we’re going to be seeing each other more, might as well introduce myself. I’m Park Jimin! And this dude right here,” Jimin pointed towards the other figure next to him, “is Jeon Jungkook. Don’t mind him, he can have a short temper quite often, but deep down he is all right.”

“Hyung!” Jungkook whined.

Before Chaeyeon could say anything more, the last bell rung. The three then entered in the classroom. Jimin and Jungkook went to sit down and the teacher gestured for Chaeyeon to stand in the front and introduce herself.

“Hello everyone~ Welcome to art class!” the teacher clapped her hands in excitement and started talking. “I’m Mrs. Han and I’ll be your teacher for the year. Before I start talking to you guys about the class, let’s welcome a new student in this school!” Mrs. Han cued for Chaeyeon to start talking.

“Hello, my name is Im Chaeyeon and I’m new here in Seoul. Please take good care of me,” Chaeyeon politely said and did a slight bow.

“It’s great to have you, Chaeyeon. Please take any seat that you’d like,” Mrs. Han said.

Chaeyeon looked around the classroom to look for a seat to sit in. She spotted a window view seat at the very back corner, which she liked because she loved those types of seats. She was about to head to the spot when but stopped when she saw who was sitting to the right of the vacant seat. It was none other than the person he utterly hated, Jungkook. Chaeyeon internally whined. She really didn’t want to sit next to him for the rest of the school year, but it was the only seat available. Chaeyeon couldn’t do anything about it. At least Jimin was sitting directly in front of her, so it wasn’t completely bad.

Mrs. Han went on with passing the syllabus out and babbling on about the projects the class would be doing throughout the year and so on. Other than that, it was mostly a free period of sketching anything just to see where everyone was at- sort of like an aptitude test. Chaeyeon sketched away, immersed in her own little world. She may have taken a few glances at Jungkook’s paper here and there to see his skill. She had to admit, he was pretty talented.

Jungkook and Chaeyeon spent the rest of the period sending hateful glances back and forth to each other while Jimin amusedly watched them. Then the bell finally rang.

Chaeyeon got up her seat and headed straight to her next class- math. She didn’t hate math, but she didn’t particularly like it, either. It was a so-so class for her. Chaeyeon prayed that she wouldn’t have the class with Jungkook.

 

 

And to her luck, she didn’t. Chaeyeon entered the classroom, prepared to do the same procedure that she did in the previous class. As she was entering the classroom, however, she saw someone happily wave at her. He was exhibiting that angelic rectangular smile that could melt any of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter