Cheesecake

Seems Like It

YoungJae was enjoying his cheesecake and plainly listening to his friends chatter away about their love interests when a voice uttered behind him. He came in view with a boy, messy hazelnut brown mop of disheveled hair, a pair of well-defined plump lips, and his almond brown eyes that stared right at him.
“Date me.”

 


Unlike Yoo YoungJae who lived in the competitive world, there was this boy who lived his life as he pleased in the school, and that was none other than Jung DaeHyun, otherwise commonly known as the ‘Ice Prince of Shelbie’. Calling him well-off might be an insult to his family; close relations with the principal of Shelbie, they owned over ten companies and invested many talent and banks, and his family was pure rich. Not only that, DaeHyun was crowned the title ‘Prince’ due to his amazingly sculptured face that had absolutely no flaws in eyes of every, and any. He lived in a life where he was treated like a celebrity and a role model to many.

Despite his close to heavenly perfect gifts, he had a flaw that no one understood the reason behind. He was mean, to a large extent. He was cold, his emotions like blizzard, wild and sophisticated at times. Still, he was definitely loved and adored by many, this was clearly evident from the letters and presents he received from many admirers – his lockers, his desk and sometimes even in his mailbox filled with these, every day.

 

It was lunch break and students filled the large cafeteria. The school term started no longer than two weeks and DaeHyun was already receiving an increasing amount of presents wrapped in different paper and plastic. He had brought down a few gifts to the cafeteria to feed himself with the free items he received. He grabbed one of the many gifts from the pile and ripped the wrapping paper off from the rectangular box, revealing a miniature teddy plush in a clear plastic box, he pushed it to the side what he named as ‘inedible’ and snatched another of the gifts. He tore the wrapping paper, this time revealing a box of chocolates from Belgium. He felt a small smile formed on his face as he classified the gift as ‘edible’. He opened the gift box of chocolates and plopped one of the small treats into his mouth.

 

“You should really be more gentle with those gifts,” his friend spoke, “they are nicely wrapped up for you.” Bang YongGuk was friends with him ever since he was three, their parents being close working partners. He was a year older than DaeHyun and less cocky than him. The younger snarled and ignored his friend’s words, immersing himself in his own world of chocolates desserts. Although YongGuk was older than the other, DaeHyun refused to return him with any hint of respect, partly because he hated the other’s nagging with a low, deep voice, and mostly because he did not want to bow his head for any other.

“Yeah hyung, this is why some people don’t like you,” DaeHyun swiftly turned his head towards the owner of the sound on his right. The other boy just smiled cheekily back at him and continued to enjoy his meaty dish.

“Moon JongUp,” DaeHyun scorned arrogantly, “if I were you I wouldn’t talk like that, everybody loves me and I just know it.” JongUp, like YongGuk, was introduced to him by his parents.  JongUp always seemed like a ball of sunshine, laughing and smiling, sometimes even for no apparent reason. He was always cheerful and bubbly, and those characteristics annoyed DaeHyun somewhat. The three of them were very well-known for their closeness and favoured for their popularity. However, at times DaeHyun wished he did not have those two friends, simply because he found them annoying.

 

YongGuk sighed, shaking his head from left to right, “you know DaeHyun, accept the fact that there are people who don’t like you, you are only human.” DaeHyun stopped eating and eyed the older, he absolutely hated it when his friends talked about people disliking him, you see, he was the most popular Ice Prince of Shelbie and people were loved him, sincere or not. He had dated some and thrown away many, and people disliking him was not something DaeHyun was unfamiliar with, but he loathed people rubbing it in his face.

“Oh yeah? I bet on a ton of cheeseburger that you can’t even get into a normal relationship,” he gaped at his friend, obvious mockery in his voice as he continued to toss the tiny chocolate pieces into his mouth. JongUp widened his eyes in surprise and amusement at his hyung’s rebuttal, he knew things were getting interesting when YongGuk turned and glared at the other male on the table.

“Jung DaeHyun, I can bet on a ton of cheesecake that you cannot make everyone fall for you,” this obviously pissed the boy off, but the prideful side of him contorted back, narrowing his eyes to emphasize on his words.

“Name me one; I will make sure I get that person.” YongGuk was taken aback by the seriousness in his friend’s confrontation, he took a moment to think of a name, any name that came up to his mind that definitely did not ‘like’ DaeHyun, but he can’t seem to come out with any. He tilted his eyes to look around the cafeteria for any source of information he could find and landed on a certain black haired boy. The boy was not very well-known, except for the fact that he had topped the school last year, he did not have any affiliations with the school and he was enrolled to the school through his own knowledge. Does he even know DaeHyun?

“Yoo YoungJae.” DaeHyun had to turn his head to look at whoever the hell YongGuk was talking about, definitely not a name he would recognize.

“That nerd?” There was obvious sarcasm in his voice as DaeHyun snapped his head towards the other male, who was oblivious to the situation revolving around him.

“Deal,” DaeHyun stood up abruptly, slamming his right hand onto the table, earning him more eyes and attention towards his direction, “you better get into a relationship then.”

“And I bet you guys a load of meat that I will get myself into a relation before any of you do!” JongUp cheered, the situation was surely getting juicy and he was not going to let himself to miss out. With that, Daehyun gave his infamous smirk towards his two friends and pivoted his heels towards to the direction of his target. This should be super easy, normal beings like him will obviously fall for me, YongGuk is pure stupid. His smirk had not disappear from his face, thinking of how he would win the bet was thrilling and he was sure, perfectly sure that he would win, with a ton of cheesecake waiting for him invitingly. He approached the boy casually and started his mission.

“You are Yoo YoungJae right?” The boy turned his head back to him, his eyes showing obvious confusion in the new situation, and DaeHyun decided to be as direct as possible to quicken his expected results waiting before him, “Date me.”

 

Now, the whole school population in the cafeteria had their attention towards the duo, some mouth gaping in shock and surprise, DaeHyun had never taken interest in any people, much likely less to even ask another boy out. However, the boy did not seem to get a response he wanted immediately, the other male had completely froze in his seat, their gazes locking, and DaeHyun thought it was a good sign; the other male was surely shocked from his confession. The male mentally filled himself with arrogance, mocking YongGuk in his head for underestimating his popularity and how much favour people had on him, YongGuk is just stupid. Silence filled the air for a minute or so before the rich male spoke again, feeling impatient from the lack of reply from the other frozen male.

“I said, date me, Yoo YoungJae,” he demanded again, raising his volume a bit higher for the male to hear him more evidently, he waited a while for his expected reply, and the other male finally replied with a small, quiet whisper.

“Erm… No? I am sorry?”

What… He was Jung DaeHyun, son of the Jung family who was at the peak of the business world, heir to his father’s booming business, richer than anyone else in the school campus. His existence incomparable to anyone else he came across, established in countless magazines for his beauty, and loved by many. He was Jung DaeHyun for goodness sake, he had countless fans around him of both gender groups and people fought to get his attention, or even talk to him. People were dying to date him and the boy before him had just rejected his offer, straight into his face, and that exploded DaeHyun’s pride, vanishing entirely in him. It angered DaeHyun that the other male had embarrassed him by making a fool out of himself in front of the entire school and especially his ‘friends’, a particular one called YongGuk.

Picking up his last amount of pride and courage in him, he grabbed the male by his collar, making him stand up rapidly, their faces an inch away from each other. His other free hand placed onto Yoo YoungJae’s face, a sense of nervousness and confusion evident in his fully-blown-up eyes. He gave a smug look, before drawing the male closer and closer.

“Seems like I will have to make you fall for me then,” he whispered into the other’s ears seductively before leaning in and pulling the tensed male for a kiss, tasting the other’s lips that lingered with a flavour of cheesecake, whole. He smirked into the kiss as he made a declaration towards himself. 

You will fall for me, Yoo YoungJae.

 

 

 

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜