Love at First Dance

Love at First Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a short one. Enjoy! Comments will be greatly appreciated!

 

 

 

“Sir, please! Give us one more chance!”

“You’re already three months late on your rental fee! How many more chances do you want?”

“We’re just having a rough time right now.”

“So now it’s my fault?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Then what are you saying?”

“I’m saying that we need a little more time to pay.”

“But you don’t have any more time left!”

“Fine, I’ll come up with the money tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? Alright, I’ll be back here at 10 a.m. sharp tomorrow. If you don’t have the money by then, I have no choice but to kick you out.”

 

            The man sighed before leaving the studio.

 

“Momorin, what should we do? There is no way we can come up with 10 million won by tomorrow…”

“I’ll think of something, Sana-chan… Don’t worry…”

“There are still a few more days before our students pay their fees. We’re doomed.”

“No, we’re not, Mina-chan. I’ll find a way, I promise. This dance school is our dream since we were children at the orphanage, remember? I can’t let that dream go to waste.”

“What’s your plan then?” Sana asked.

“I think I know where I can get the money…”

“You’re not talking about working in a strip club, aren’t you?!” Mina exclaimed.

“Of course not!”

“Then what is it? Spill it out.” Sana said.

“It’s a secret.”

“That better not be illegal, Momorin. We don’t have money to bail you out of jail.”

“Hmm… Maybe.”

“Hirai Momo!”

“Okay, okay… It’s not.” Momo lied.

“Do you need our help?” Mina asked.

“No, I’m fine. I’ll have 10 million won by tomorrow. I swear on the J-Trinity.”

“Aww~ Momorin~” Sana squealed.

“Come here, you two.”

 

            Momo smiled as Mina and Sana engulfed her in a hug. She sighed as she thought of what’s going to happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Loud music and bright lights filled the underground club where a dance battle is currently taking place. A lot of people are watching around the two dancers who are battling it out in the middle.

 

“Make some noise! Who you got? Is it Mark?”

 

            Cheers from the female audience are heard.

 

“Or Miss Cap Girl?” The MC gestured at the girl wearing a cap.

 

            The crowd cheered loudly for her and the MC agreed.

 

“The crowd has spoken! The winner is Miss Cap Girl!”

 

            She slightly bowed as the audience continued to cheer for her.

 

“Wow! That was some pretty great moves from our newcomer! What’s your name, miss?” The MC asked.

“Momo.”

“Let’s give it up for Momo, everyone! Here’s your prize, 100 thousand won!”

 

            Momo kept on battling and she won every single one of them, earning a lot of money.

 

“Momo wins again! Here's your 5 million won!”

 

           She smiled as she held the money in her hand.

 

“Just a little bit more. I’m halfway through.” Momo thought.

“Any challengers out there?”

“Me!”

 

            A guy named Jackson stepped to the front.

 

“Hohoho, it looks like you caught Jackson’s attention! How much are we betting on?” The MC asked Jackson.

“3 million.”

“Call.” Momo answered.

“Oh! It’s on, ladies and gentlemen! Momo versus Jackson! Let’s see what you got!”

 

            Jackson had a teasing smirk on his face as the music started playing.

 

“If I win this, I’ll have 8 million. I can do this.” Momo said to herself.

 

            Jackson showed off his slick moves as he went first. The girls from the crowd were cheering for him. When it was Momo’s turn to dance, it was the guys who cheered for her. They were evenly matched but Momo showed off her own y dance moves, making the audience cheer for her. As the music ended, both competitors stood in the middle.

 

“That was a really intense battle! I don't know who will win! Who you got?”

 

           The audience cheered for the two again.

 

“Okay, okay… Settle down everybody… Now, give it up for Jackson!”

 

           Loud cheers from the audience, especially from the girls are heard.

 

“Now, give it up for our newcomer Momo!”

“Please let me win. Please let me win...” Momo closed her eyes and pleaded in her mind.

 

           The crowd cheered even louder as the MC stood beside Momo.

 

“The crowd has spoken! The winner is... Momo!”

 

           Momo opened her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. The MC gave her the 3 million won prize.

 

“Congratulations Momo! Now, do you want to continue or let somebody else compete?” The MC asked her.

“I want to continue!” Momo answered excitedly in the midst of catching her breath, making the crowd cheer louder.

“She wants to continue! Are there any more challengers out there?! This girl is on a winning streak!”

 

           The crowd quieted down as they waited for the next challenger.

 

“I'd like a turn.” A guy wearing a cap and a long-sleeved white shirt from the crowd answered.

 

           The people looked at the guy incredulously. When he looked up, they were surprised.

 

“Hold up, hold up... We've got royalty in the house! Jeon Hyunseok is in the building! Oh man!” The MC exclaimed.

 

           The crowd cheered for him as he turned his cap backwards and he went to the middle.

 

“So, Mr. Hyunseok, sir. How much are we betting on?”

“How much money does she have?” Hyunseok asked, making the crowd go “Ooh”.

“This guy is a jerk! I'll show him.” Momo thought to herself. “I have 8 million won here. I'll bet 3 million. Call?”

“Nope.”

“How much do you want it to be then?” The MC asked again.

“Triple or nothing. You win, you get 24 million won. I win, I get your 8 million. So, are you down?” Hyunseok asked Momo.

“24 million won? That's more than enough money! I'll get to pay our debt and we have a lot more to spare!” Momo thought.

“What now? Are you scared? It's fine. I won't battle with me if I was you.” Hyunseok said, making the crowd go “Ahh”.

“That's the last straw! This jerk is really asking for it!”

“I have to warn you, Momo. He —“

“Call!” Momo interrupted the MC before he could finish what he was saying.

“Let's get started then.” Hyunseok said with a smirk.

“It's a deal, ladies and gentlemen! Momo versus Hyunseok for 24 million dollars!”

 

            Hyunseok stepped back a little bit to get ready for the battle. He looked at Momo and flashed a smile at her.

 

“Oh, what I was trying to tell you earlier is that he has never lost a battle even once. Good luck.” The MC whispered to Momo which made her gulp.

“What have I gotten myself into?”

“Alright, since we have a special guest, we also have a special surprise! Everyone, clear the dance floor.”

 

 

 

(Imagine that the girl is Momo and the guy is Hyunseok)

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

 

 

 

           Momo reluctantly gave the 8 million won to the MC while the crowd is celebrating along with Hyunseok.

 

“Jeon Hyunseok, ladies and gentlemen! The legend is still undefeated!”

“Thank you everyone...” Hyunseok gave a slight bow.

“So, do you want to continue?”

“Nah, I'm good. It's been a while since I've battled someone who could actually keep up with me.” He smirked as he looked at Momo.

“Tch, he's so full of himself. I'm out of here.”

 

           Momo headed for the bar and she sat down on a stool rather angrily.

 

“Hey. Rough night?”

“Yeah, I need to pay my rent of 10 million won that's due tomorrow and I just lost the 8 million that I earned tonight. I don't know where to get the money.”

“As much as I want to help you, I don't have 10 million won right now.”

“It's alright. This is my problem anyway.”

“The only thing I can do for you is to help you forget your problem even just for tonight. So here, drink up.” The bartender said as she handed Momo a drink.

“I have no money to pay for this, you know.”

“It's fine. Everything you drink tonight is on the house.”

“That's an offer I can't refuse.”

“I'm Nayeon, by the way. Nice to meet you.” The bartender held out her hand.

“Momo. Nice to meet you too.” Momo took her hand and shook it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            After many rounds of shots, Momo finally felt her head spinning around. In her blurry vision, she saw Hyunseok coming to the bar before she passed out.

 

“What's up, Nayeonnie?” Hyunseok greeted her.

“Hello, oppa! Want a drink?”

“No, thank you. So, anything interesting going on?”

“Nothing much... Oh, right! A girl told me that she needed to pay her rent of 10 million won tomorrow but she lost the 8 million won she earned tonight.”

“Really now? Well, that's quite unfortunate.”

“I know. That's why I decided that her drinks are on the house. Is that alright?”

“Of course it is. Where is she? Did she go home already?”

“Not yet, oppa. She's over there.”

 

           Nayeon pointed at Momo sleeping soundly at the counter. Hyunseok recognized her cap but he wasn’t sure.

 

“What's her name?”

“She told me her name is Momo.”

“Ahh, I see...” Hyunseok smiled nervously.

“Oppa? Why are you smiling like that?”

“Nothing, nothing... Don't mind me.”

“You still think you can lie to me?”

“Okay, fine. I'm the reason she lost her 8 million won. You see, I battled with her earlier but she lost.”

“Why did you do that? I thought you don't battle anymore?”

“Yeah, I don't. But seeing her dance like earlier made me feel the passion I once had.”

“But she lost her money because of you.” Nayeon frowned.

“Guilt tripping won't work on me, you know.”

“I'm not trying to. Just think of what could happen to her if she can't pay her debt. She could get kicked out or worse, go to jail.”

 

            Hyunseok went silent for a moment before he heaved a huge sigh. Nayeon showed him a toothy smile.

 

“Aish, fine! I'll give the money back to her when she wakes up! Happy now?”

“Not yet. Her money is only 8 million won...” Nayeon said with a pout.

“Okay! I'll add 2 million won!” Hyunseok said while shaking his head.

“You're such a good guy, Hyunseok oppa~” Nayeon said with aegyo.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

“Since you did her a favor, can I ask something else?

“What is it?”

“Can I go home early tonight?

“Don’t push it, Im Nayeon…”

“Please, oppa? I’ll work extra hard tomorrow, I promise!” Nayeon raised her right hand.

“Okay, fine. You can go home early.”

“Really, oppa? Thank you!”

“Now call Jihyo to replace you before I change my mind.”

“Right away!”

 

           Nayeon went to the back as Hyunseok sat down beside Momo.

 

“Now, what to do with you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           Hyunseok slung Momo over his shoulder as he went out of the club along with Nayeon.

 

“Do you need a ride home, Nayeonnie?”

“If you're offering, who am I to refuse?”

“Don't answer my question with another question.”

“Of course, I'll go with you! Who doesn't want a free ride?”

“Then you go sit in the front. I'll put her in the backseat.”

“Where are you going to take her, oppa?”

“I'll take her to my penthouse in the meantime.”

“You're not going to take advantage of her, are you?”

“Do you really think of me that way?”

“I'm just kidding, oppa~ Please don't be mad~”

 

           The ride to Nayeon's house was filled by her endless chattering and Hyunseok just nodding to whatever she says, occasionally giving answers to her questions. When they arrived, Nayeon got out of the car and went over to Hyunseok's side.

 

“Thanks for the ride, oppa.”

“No problem. Say hi to Jungyeon for me.”

“Sure. Take care of her, will you?”

“Of course, I will.”

“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise.”

“Alright then. Bye oppa.” Nayeon gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed to the front door.

 

        Hyunseok closed his window and he sighed again. He drove for a few minutes before he arrived at his destination. It's a 50-floor hotel and his penthouse is at the top floor. Hyunseok parked the car at the entrance and carried Momo on his shoulder again.

 

“Good evening, sir.” The valet guy greeted him.

“Good evening too, Yugyeom.”

“Do you need any help?”

“No, I'm fine. Go park my car.”

“Sure thing, sir.”

 

           He went inside the lobby and the people inside are giving him weird stares. One, because he's carrying an unconscious woman on his shoulders and two, because of his handsome looks. Hyunseok went over to the front desk and greeted the receptionist.

 

“Hey, Dahyunnie.”

“Oh! Good evening oppa!”

“My keycard, please.”

“Here you go!” Dahyun saluted as she gave him the keycard.

“Thank you.”

 

           Hyunseok turned back but Dahyun called him.

 

“Oppa?”

“Yes? You need something?”

“May I ask who she is?” Dahyun pointed at Momo.

“She's a friend of mine. She will be staying with me for tonight. She's too drunk so I can't leave her alone.”

“I see...” Dahyun nodded her head.

“If you have no more questions, I'll be going upstairs. She's no paperweight, I'll tell you that much.”

“Oh, right! I'm sorry for keeping you, oppa.”

“It's fine. Goodnight Dahyunnie.”

“Goodnight to you too!” Dahyun waved as Hyunseok went inside the elevator.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           When he arrived at the penthouse, Hyunseok used his keycard to open the door. He went inside and placed Momo on the couch in the living room. He then headed for his room and arranged the bed neatly, making sure that Momo would be comfortable sleeping on it.

 

“Wait. Why am I doing this? I barely know this girl! But I promised Nayeon that I would take care of her. It's alright, Hyunseok. It's just for tonight.” He thought to himself.

 

           When he was done fixing his bed, Hyunseok went back to the living room. He was surprised to see Momo sitting up while rubbing her eyes cutely like a kid.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

“No~ Momorin is not okay~” Momo said in a child-like voice.

“What do you want?”

“I want jokbal.” She pleaded with a pout.

“But I don't have jokbal here...”

“I want jokbal!” Momo whined.

“Alright, I'll get jokbal for you. Wait here, okay?”

“Okay~” Momo smiled and gave a thumbs up.

 

      He went over to the phone and called room service.

 

“Hello, Dahyunnie?”

“Yes oppa?”

“I want 10 servings of jokbal up here in 5 minutes. Are we clear?”

“Right away! 10 servings of jokbal coming up!”

“Thank you.”

 

           Hyunseok ended the call and went back to Momo. He was surprised when he saw her fanning herself with her cap, letting her golden blonde hair down.

 

“It's so hot~ Oppa~ Please turn on the air conditioner~” Momo purred ily, opposite of how she was acting earlier.

“O-Okay...” “What a complete change of attitude.” He thought to himself.

 

           As he the AC, there was a knock on the door. He went and opened it, revealing a guy with a cart full of jokbal.

 

“Someone ordered 10 servings of jokbal?”

“Yes. Thank you, Bambam.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter