2/2 (Alternative)

Seeing You Again

As I was washing my hands, someone entered.

"Taeyeon." I could see Jessica's reflection on the mirror. I then turned around.

Since she sensed I did not want to talk, she carried on. "I know what I did at that time can't be easily forgotten or forgiven. But you have to know that I truly loved you. I really did and I still do."

Silence engulfed us until she carried on.

"My parents... They found out about us. I had left my phone unlocked and they saw a picture of us, we were kissing on it. I couldn't deny our relationship anymore." She paused again a little. "You know how narrow-minded they are, don't you ? They wanted me to stop seeing you. I couldn't do anything to make them change their mind. I was still dependent on my parents ! I was scared and I-" I cut her off.

"Why didn't you tell me anything ? Didn't you want to fight for us ? For what we had ? For me ?" I was beginning to lose my temper. Many questions were flooding in my mind.

"I did but-" I cut her off once again.

"Did you think that I wouldn't understand you ? That I would leave you alone ?" I hesitated a little before whispering. "In the end, you were the one who left me alone..."

I could not hold it back anymore. I had been waiting for that moment for three years.

"I'd always been the one who would wait for you. And even when you would come back after weeks of ignoring me, I was still there for you. Were you just playing with me ? Was I not enough for you to fight ? Was it all a joke for you ?" Questions would not stop coming out from my mouth. I could see she was getting flustered by all the questions.

 

"If what you're expecting from me is my coming back to you, then you're absolutely wrong." I greeted my teeth. "I won't ever go back to you. Whatever could happen in the future." I knew my words were harsh, but somehow, I needed to let out my anger.

I could not look at her face anymore.

I turned my back on her, facing the exit and muttered. "I'm sorry it has to end like this, but I can't trust you anymore. I got hurt way too much."

I tried to walk out but was stopped when I felt two arms hugging me from behind.

"Please, give me another chance ! I love you and I don't care what my parents think anymore ! I'm not a kid anymore. I promise you I won't hurt you." She whispered while sobbing. "I won't leave you again."

I turned to her and tried to break free from her embrace but her grip was too strong for me to escape and somehow I did not want to go away. I then faced her and saw something coming out from her shirt, she was wearing a necklace. I took it in my hands and what I saw next made me even more emotional. Two rings were placed on it and I immediately recognized them.

 

Flashback

 

It was Friday evening when I received her text. She wanted to meet me in the park in front of my apartment.

When I arrived there, she was already sitting on a bench.

"Jessica ?" I called out to her but only silence replied.

"Sit down." She finally said. Her tone was flat and with no emotion. It was scarring me. "I need to talk to you."

I did as I was told.

 

Once I was sitting, she spoke again.

"I don't think I can do it anymore."

"What ? What do you mean ?" I had a feeling I would not like what she was going to say.

"Us. Our relationship. We should end it." Even though I knew she was going to say these words, they hurt me nonetheless. And it hurt like hell.

"Why ?" My voice was hoarse.

"I don't love you like I used to. I don't love you anymore. I feel like I'm trying too hard just to love you." She paused a little before adding. "Anyway, I'm going to study in New York."

I scoffed but did not have the courage to say anything back.

 

"Give me your hands."

"Why ?" It seemed like it was the only word I knew at the moment.

"Just give them to me." She ordered.

Seeing that I was not moving, she grabbed them forcefully.

I then saw her removed my ring but I did not have the strength to resist.

As I look at her left hand, I saw that she was not wearing hers. We had couple rings since we had bought them together when we were 'madly' in love. 

What she did next hurt me even more. She threw our rings in the air.

"What's wrong with you ?" I let out, shock was all over my face. 

"This way it'll be easier for you to move on." She coldly said before leaving. Leaving me alone in this hollow and lonely night. I tried to look for my ring but it was too dark and searching for it seemed a waste of time so I also left the place.

 

End of Flashback

 

"I... I'm sorry I can't do it." Then I ran out of the bathroom, not wanting Jessica to see my tears.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After her talk with Taeyeon, Jessica decided to go back to their table. Everyone were finishing their desserts and getting ready to leave.

However Taeyeon had not come back. And it did not seem like she would, Jessica knew it really well.

Jessica and Tyler were the last ones to leave. 

They were going back to his car when she broke down in tears. "Even though it's been a long time since we broke up, I can't stop loving her."

"Shh... Come here." Tyler took her in his arms as she cried even more.

"She doesn't want me anymore... She doesn't love me anymore..." It seemed her tears would not stop flowing.

 

"Jessica..."

Jessica's eyes widened when she recognized Taeyeon's voice. She then broke free from Tyler's embrace and faced the girl.

"I'll let you too alone." Tyler excused himself.

"Jessica, listen..." Jessica looked at Taeyeon and saw that she had also been crying, her eyes were red and swollen. "I... I'm afraid you'll leave me once again. I don't want to be hurt like that again..." Taeyeon seemed to hesitate a little. "But I'm willing to give you a chance, please take care of me."

Jessica engulfed her in a hug and cried again, but this time, it was tears of joy.

"Thank you Taeyeon, I promise I won't leave you ever again." Jessica whispered.

Taeyeon also embraced her and kissed her. They stayed like that for a little while until Taeyeon decided to ask Jessica. "Why... I mean, how do you have my ring with you ? You had thrown it and I had tried to search for it but I couldn't find it..." She then looked at Jessica in her eyes. "Do you always wear them ?"

"Yes." Jessica responded while looking back at Taeyeon in her eyes. "That night, I didn't throw it without thinking, I had looked where it had landed and came back when you left to pick it." 

 

This simple sentence from Jessica was enough for Taeyeon to make her think Jessica was sincere with her and never stopped loving her. And neither did Taeyeon. She wanted to give her a second chance as they were not some young and lost girls anymore.