Chapter 1

Pretty You

"I love snow and I hate snow," says Chanri who's staring at the ceiling of the coffee shop she's in. She's been there with her friend for about half an hour while studying for their upcoming exams. "You're confusing me! How can you love and hate something at the same time? That's dumb!"Says her bestfriend who studies at the same school as hers and also same course. "Of course you can! Best example is school." Her friend's eyes turned wide as if she solved the hardest puzzle ever created. "Ah, why didn't I thought of that." Chanri did the v-sign and smiled, "Take that from the life and love guru."

 
"Love guru? Hahaha are you kidding me? A love guru who's been turned down by most of the guys he liked," her friend retorted sarcastically. She's right. Why did I even mentioned love in the first place? I even have zero experience in dating "At least many people still think that I am a total package," she tried to save herself from humiliation. "Whatever you say," Rina answered.
 
I am a sore loser when it comes to love. Maybe it really isn't included to my mission in this world. Maybe I am overly blessed with what I have now, beauty, brains and also goodness... Well scratch goodness since humans are evil in nature, says our political theory professor. Anyway, I will not stop until I get what I want. I want my babe to notice me. I want Jongin to notice me. Babe, notice me. Ugh! Nam Chanri, you still haven't learn any lesson from being dumped for about 10 times. Maybe this is last coz Jongin will finally be mine. Just wait and see. 
 
"Chanri!" Her friend tapped her for a couple of times while she was daydreaming. "Why?" She returned to her senses and faked reading her handouts. "How did you explain this part?" Rina asked. "About that, Thomas Hobbes states that humans have their appetites and aversions. Appetites represent the good things  that people want to have. Meanwhile, the aversions serve as the evil or bad things that a person doesn't want to obtain or to-" Chanri's phones suddenly rang. "Wait! It's Jongin" she immediately answered the call.
 
"Hello"
"Chanri-ssi, can I have some of your notes? I lost mine"
"Sure. Where shall we meet?"
"Just take a picture of it. I am still far from the campus. I haven't reviewed yet so Imma review while on the bus"
"Is that so? Okay then. Take care on the way here! Bye nini!"
"Thanks!" And with that the call hung up. 
 
"Tch, Jongin. Do you like that brat?" Rina raised an eyebrow to her like a strict mom. "That has nothing to do with you. Just read this and this over and over again for you to understand."
 
 
The wind blows gently on the already freezing cold streets of Seoul, making the two youthful college students shiver more.  The two went straight to the university after staying for a long while at the nearby coffee shop. "Hey! Isn't that Jongin?!" Chanri pointed to the two guys who are fast approaching their way. Together with Jongin was one of his close friends, Byun Baekhyun. "I am so sorry Chanri I wasn't able to reply cuz my phone's dead. I even barely read what you've sent" Jongin panted, catching his breath in between his words. "It's okay. Here you can use my reviewer instead" Chanri offered. "Really?! Thank you so much! You are such an angel!" He gladly answered and took her reviewer. "Are you done studying?" Baekhyun answered and she nodded. "Waah. As expected from Chanri the Great" he replied and did a slow-clap with his head slowly shaking sidewards. "Yep she's been studying that hard since last two days. It's like committing suicide for my part" Rina butted in. They went inside their room and sat on their respective seats. Suddenly, a man from their department went in and announced that their professor is not around and they may leave the classroom. The room went crazy with all the students leaving the class. "Ahaha! The luck is on my side!" Jongin did some stupid dancing in celebration of their professor not attending their class. "Let's go grab some drinks" he asked to his comrades and they agreed to go to a nearby noraebang. "Wanna come with us girls?" The girls, including Rina grabbed their bags and ready to leave while Chanri is still on her chair. "You coming, aren't you?" Rina asked to her. "Uh, yes. I think so". She knew she was coming with the group since her roommate is also coming and she'll become a party pooper if she doesn't come with them. And besides, her stomach is already growling and in dire need of any solid food into , in which their refrigerator has nothing to offer to her hunger.
 
They went straight to the nearest noraebang and filled the room with chaterring and laughter. The waitress entered with foods and booze on each hand. The girls took their share while the guys are busy looking for good ol' songs to sing.
"Are you okay?" Baekhyun noticed that Chanri is a bit quiet than her usual self. I am hurt is what she wanted to answer but she doesn't really know where the hurt is coming from. Maybe from the dysmenorrhea she's experiencing or maybe from Kai who is busy mingling with their girl classmates. "Yes I'm okay," she lied. "Are you sure? You look pale. Ah, maybe you're having a menstruation" Baekhyun said as if it's normal for a guy to talk about that topic. "Don't speak so casually about menstruation, you idiot," she retorted. "I just understand girls" he confidently answered. He must be gay, she thought. 
 
The room continued to become busier since they started to sing while having funny gestures, not to mention Rina who is already shaking her body lively while singing Britney Spears' hit song Oops, I did it again. 
 
The night deepens even more and still no signs of them going home. Well, except for Chanri. Her hips and legs hurt even more. "Curse this day," she mutterred while stating straight at Kai. "Are you seriously fine? You don't look fine at all," Baekhyun once again noticed her wincing in pain. "Actually you're right," she admitted. "Want me to walk you home?" He offered but she quickly declined. "I'll just wait for Rina." "Uh... I don't think she's going home any sooner. And Kai looks too busy with all the girls swarming over him especially with all those booze" he bluntly stated. "What do you mean?" Chanri sounded tensed. Baekhyun grabbed his bag and s his way through the door, "Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, please make sure all the girls will go home safely. I'll be taking my leave." Chanri followed him and took her goodbye as well. "Goodbye Chanri! Have a safe trip! Tell your mom I miss her cupcakes!," Rina smiled like an idiot for a while and then continued singing Top Of The World. She really must have been drunk, she thought. "Take care Chanri! Baekhyun you also make sure she comes home safely or I'll cut your head off," Jongin warned.
 
The streets in Apgujeong are usually cold but the air between the two felt colder than the usual, or maybe just for Chanri. While walking together with ample distance she still tries to process what Baekhyun said earlier at the noraebang.
"Baekhyun, what you said earlier..." 
"What about earlier?"
"Uhh... When you said..."
"Ahh! The menstruation! I know a lot cuz I got a girl cousin that is very close. Don't think anything malicious" he laughed.
"No not that. About Kai" she swallowed harder.
"Oh! Jongin. What about him?"
"Do you know something?"
"Know what?"
She left the query in the air for a while before she replied, " ah forget it."
"Know what? That you like him?"
Chanri suddenly stopped in her tracks with her eyes widely open in shock, seconds before Baekhyun noticed that she stopped and turned back. "Hey, what happened?" He asked. "How did you figure that out?" She looked much more tensed. "Well I found out- wait what?! You really liked him?! So that's why you are staring at him the whole time!" He seemed very surprised with the response he got from his joke (that Chanri likes Kai). Chanri can't believe that she was just tricked by Baekhyun. "So you really didn't know?!" She outrageously shouted and grabbed his shirt. "Chill! Chill! I didn't intend to make you confess! It was just a plain joke actually" she went down on her knees and violently tapped her forehead," ! I am doomed! Stupid girl!" Baekhyun pulled her up and circled his arm on her neck "Hahaha I am so sorry for accidentally figuring out your secret. Don't worry I keep secrets well. Trust me!" Chanri glared at him and stated, "How can I trust you with that mouth of yours?! You are the only guy I knew that talks a lot!" "Hey that hurts a bit. You don't trust this gorgeous guy with you?" He flipped his hair as if he has a very long hair. "I definitely don't" she directly said. "Okay, tomorrow I'll tell the rest of the class that you like Jongin" he threatened her. "Okay, I trust you. Promise" and with that she immediately changed her decision. "Oh really?! That's good!" He continued walking and Chanri followed like a minion.
 
"What do you like about Jongin?" Baekhyun turned his head to Chanri.
"He's such a manly man and he's smart and kind. And his buffed body is a bonus. My ideal boyfriend" she replied.
"Oh, you must also like John Cena and Hulk Hogan for liking buffed guys"
"No! That's too much! Just the model-type of body is enough. Like Jongin's"
"Haha that's gross"
"I also have a question for you and don't tell this to anyone as well"
"As you wish"
"Do you think Jongin will be getting laid tonight with one of our classmates? They're all drunk"
"Of course not! Do you think he is like that?! No, let me change the question, do you think all guys act like that?!"
"No! I don't mean that thing. I am just worried about him"
"Nah. He wouldn't do that. I know he looks like a star but I don't think he's capable of doing that"
"Okay. Now I'm rest assured that he doesn't get laid before our wedding," she cheerfully waved her hands in the air.
"Wow. You thought of your future with Jongin that far, huh?"
 
And they both went their separate ways, with a secret that only the two of them knows.
---
Hi! I intend to edit this sooner after I post couple of chapters but for now I'll put this here. Sorry for crappyuse of words. My vocabulary is rusty and i really don't have any creativity at all.